Generation Z

you are the one making claims that even your own links do not support.
The fact is more kids are living at home with their parents way into adulthood. You seem sensitive about this so maybe you still have your adult kids living with you.

The fact is more kids are living at home with their parents way into adulthood. You seem sensitive about this so maybe you still have your adult kids living with you.

You have not shown it to be a fact, but you never support your claims.

My 21 year old is living with us while he goes to college, will move out next year when he transfers to finish his civil engineering degree. I have no problem with this at all as it saves both of us money.

My 21 year old is living with us while he goes to college, will move out next year when he transfers to finish his civil engineering degree. I have no problem with this at all as it saves both of us money.
I;m talking about the ones that live with their parents many years after they graduate. Your reading comprehension is terrible.

I;m talking about the ones that live with their parents many years after they graduate. Your reading comprehension is terrible.

Yes, I know what you are talking about, and talking about it is all you do since you cannot support your claims

While I sympathize with young adults who simply do not make enough money to be financially emancipated, this is what an ancient sit-com dad* would have described as a "revolting development."

As I have stated previously in this forum, ADOLESCENCE is a relatively new phenomenon in human history. The norm until the early 1900's was that age 14 or so, male children either started working full time on the family farm, got an apprenticeship, got a shitty job, or if they were really lucky, went to the University. Their main goal in life was to be financially independent and to get married. The idea that there is a multi-year period after physical maturation when adult responsibilities are postponed so that you can basically "party" is a new one. And now we see that period extending through the person's 20's and beyond. This is not good.

It is more than ever incumbent on the parents to enforce a structure on the adolescent's existence, insisting on (a) gainful employment, (b) good citizenship, and (c) accumulation of savings or investments, as a minimum. Playing computer games in the basement endlessly should not be an option. It is not at all unreasonable to expect the older adolescent to have a net worth well into five figures by the time s/he is ready to start living as an adult.

Indeed.
My generation (Gen X) - if you were still living with your parents at 21 you would be seriously made fun of by your friends. Even if you were in college. I left for the last time at age 20.
Adding to this is the high number of teenagers who aren't interested in getting a license to drive.
That was unheard of befbeforeexplain what is wrong with a 25 to 35 year old working full time, living with parents, saving, not getting tied down with a marriage and kids is bad? They aren't getting welfare and they're not going deep into debt. Nobody is negatively affected whatsoever. Plus it helps the economy.

The primary problem with these Gen Z cucks is that their parents did not raise them properly and instill certain ethics into them that would have pushed them in the direction of self-sufficiency.

The primary problem with these Gen Z cucks is that their parents did not raise them properly and instill certain ethics into them that would have pushed them in the direction of self-sufficiency.
That's your opinion. They needn't adhere to your values.

Forum List

Back