🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Genesis 1:26

I took "in our image" to mean self-aware. We don't physically look like God or angels or demons or what have you, but rather we have the capacity for thought and decision making.

I can live with that.....however, I think there are other ways we differ from the rest of creation......a capacity to understand beauty.....a sense of humor......a sense of justice.....a sense of compassion and empathy......a desire to create.....

Don't forget a conscience! We know right from wrong! We know it in our hearts!

I believe that is inherent in "sense of justice"......

job 39:9-12King James Version (KJV)

9 Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?

10 Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?

apparently you meant the wild ox.....
9 “Will the wild ox be willing to serve you?
Will he bed by your manger?
10 Can you bind the wild ox in the furrow with ropes?
Or will he plow the valleys behind you?
11 Will you trust him because his strength is great?
Or will you leave your labor to him?
12 Will you trust him to bring home your grain,
And gather it to your threshing floor?

Delta, you have a great mind. I have said before, if you are here when the 144k are chosen, you will be a great preacher.

God was not talking to angels, He was talking to The Son and the Holy Spirit. I know you have a Bible Delta, open your mind up a little and read John chapter 1.

On a side note, you are someone I would like to meet in person just to discuss religion, you know how it is, the more information you can gather, the farther along you can get.

All my Bibles are virtual. Keep meaning to get a decent one, would like one of those 'red worded' ones for when Jesus is actually speaking (being paraphrased.) But I know what'll happen. I'll never use it having gotten completely spoiled on Search and Find capability with online versions. :) Of course, every time the power goes off during a bad storm I wish I had a hardcopy version. :)

I used to wanna become a rabbi but not the sermon-giving kind. Public speaking and me don't get along. Known my writing ability would always be vastly superior to my speaking style. But it seemed like if not to give sermons what's the point? :)

Although, my interest in working for Upstairs is what led me into playing the MMORPG Everquest way back. A persistant virtual world where deities aren't just real but you can go to their home planes of existence and stand right in front of them. Was a cleric there serving an elvish goddess for about 5 years. :) Unfortunately, the game didn't lend itself to being a peaceable heal the sick, cure the diseased sorta holy man. Had to hack n slash just like everybody else.

Delta, you have a great mind. I have said before, if you are here when the 144k are chosen, you will be a great preacher.

God was not talking to angels, He was talking to The Son and the Holy Spirit. I know you have a Bible Delta, open your mind up a little and read John chapter 1.

On a side note, you are someone I would like to meet in person just to discuss religion, you know how it is, the more information you can gather, the farther along you can get.

if Delta is saved, a born again Christian, he will not be here- he will be in Heaven, immediately after he dies or is living and raptured with all Believer's (the Church).

Delenn: Will you be attending the Rebirth Ceremony?

G'Kar: I was born once already, and quite sufficiently I think.

- Babylon 5

if Delta is saved, a born again Christian, he will not be here- he will be in Heaven, immediately after he dies or is living and raptured with all Believer's (the Church).

Ok, Delta is Jewish, I believe, most orthodox Jews do not believe Jesus was the Messiah, thus will not be raptured(that is a different discussion), those that are called in the last days, to number the 144k will be Jewish, a remnant, of Israel.

Another different discussion is dying and going directly to Heaven.

Correct, I'm Jewish. But in religious practice I don't limit myself to Judaism. In keeping with my belief God is to be found here and there in just about every religion (with a god at any rate,) I'm quite ecclectic. Lotta Judaism, a little Christianity (Catholic-Methodist upbringing, mother being Jewish, Dad being Catholic, next door neighbor and best friend being Methodist,) Islam, Buddhism, even some Jedi as I read about it. :)

Forum List

Back