🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

George Galloway, keeping it classy !

toastman

Gold Member
Aug 17, 2012
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6pVT-p6pwU&feature=player_embedded]George Galloway Storms Out Of Debate With Israeli Student - YouTube[/ame]

HAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

gallotwit.png

Say, Yousef Mohammed, isn't he the guy who was being investigated for collecting funds for terrorists when he appeared at one of the Muslim Student Association protests against Israel out in California? Naturally a fellow like you would admire him.

Did they lie to him to get him to come to a debate?

I doubt that. Either way, what he did is beyond immature but it also exposes him for Nazi like him

Where did you get that?

Tinnie is right---its an EXCELLENT precedent
No one need feel shy about expressing their dislike for this or that group---
or person ----in public forums ---or just out on the street when encountering
an example of such a person and her gaggle of sloppy spawn

Tinnie says it is legal and even ELEGANT

Investigated and cleared
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuzlwFXeW3A]George Galloway Vs The US Senate (Full Video) - YouTube[/ame]

The decision to ban George Galloway from Canada seems odd, but now it emerges that the Jewish Defence League (JDL) pressured the Canadian Government to so the action takes on sinister connotations for Canada, why? Because the Jewish Defence League are according to the FBI a Terrorist Group. In its report, Terrorism 2000/2001, the FBI referred to the JDL as a “violent extremist Jewish organization”. This “violent extremist Jewish organization” now it seems has power and influence over the Canadian Government.
Canada ban: Galloway faces his accusers a Jewish Defence League (JDL) ?Terrorist? | Peace for Bid
Do You condemn the JDL hoss?

Wikipedia’s listing for MEMRI (which was founded by two members of the right-wing, anti-peace-process Likud party) includes considerable information about charges of biases and inaccuracies. It think it’s fair to say that few in the Western media take its information without double-checking with other sources. From Wikipedia:
MEMRI’s work has been attacked on three grounds: that their work is biased; that they choose articles to translate selectively so as to give an unrepresentative view of the media they are reporting on; and that their translations are sometimes inaccurate.[11] MEMRI has responded to the attacks of critics, stating that their work is not biased; that they in fact choose representative articles from the Arab media that accurately reflect the opinions expressed, and that their translations are highly accurate.[11]
[edit]Claims of bias
Brian Whitaker, the Middle East editor for the Guardian newspaper in the United Kingdom, has been one of the most outspoken critics of MEMRI, writing: “My problem with Memri is that it poses as a research institute when it’s basically a propaganda operation,”[11] to “further the political agenda of Israel.”[1] Whitaker has also complained that “MEMRI’s website does not mention you [Carmon] or your work for Israeli intelligence. Nor does it mention MEMRI’s co-founder, Meyrav Wurmser, and her extreme brand of Zionism…. Given your political background, it’s legitimate to ask whether MEMRI is a trustworthy vehicle.”[11]
In response, MEMRI President Yigal Carmon, states: “You are right: we do have an agenda. As an institute of research, we want MEMRI to present translations to people who wish to be informed on the ideas circulating in the Middle East. We aim to reflect reality. If knowledge of this reality should benefit one side or another, then so be it.”[11]
[edit]Claims of selectivity
Several critics have accused MEMRI of selectivity. They state that MEMRI consistently picks for translation and dissemination the most extreme views, which portray the Arab and Muslim world in a negative light, while ignoring moderate views that are often found in the same media outlets.[1][2][2][24][25] According to Juan Cole, Professor of Modern Middle East History at the University of Michigan, MEMRI has a tendency to “cleverly cherry-pick the vast Arabic press, which serves 300 million people, for the most extreme and objectionable articles and editorials” [26] Laila Lalami, writing in The Nation, states that MEMRI “consistently picks the most violent, hateful rubbish it can find, translates it and distributes it in e-mail newsletters to media and members of Congress in Washington”.[2] As a result, critics such as Ken Livingstone state, MEMRI’s analyses are “distortion.”[27][28][29]
MEMRI responds to the criticism by saying that the media had a tendency to whitewash statements of Arab leaders,[12] and that its translations are accurate representations: “Memri has never claimed to ‘represent the view of the Arabic media’, but rather to reflect, through our translations, general trends which are widespread and topical.”[11] John Lloyd has defended MEMRI in the New Statesmen, stating that “Memri and Carmon have been accused of selecting the worst of a diverse media: however, the sheer range of what is available weakens that criticism, as does support for the initiative by Arab liberals.”[30] Thomas L. Friedman, a political opinion columnist for the New York Times, credits MEMRI with helping to “shine a spotlight on hate speech wherever it appears.”[31] Jay Nordlinger, the managing editor of National Review, similarly writes: “Wading or clicking through MEMRI’s materials can be a depressing act, but it is also illusion-dispelling, and therefore constructive. This one institute is worth a hundred reality-twisting Middle Eastern Studies departments in the U.S.”[32]
[edit]Claims of translation inaccuracy
See also: Tomorrow’s Pioneers#Translation controversy
The accuracy of MEMRI’s translations is sometimes disputed,[33] as in the case of MEMRI’s translation of a 2004 Osama bin Laden video, which MEMRI defended.[11][28][34][35][36] Norman Finkelstein, in an interview with the Muslim newspaper In Focus said MEMRI “uses the same sort of propaganda techniques as the Nazis… t’s a reliable assumption that anything MEMRI translates from the Middle East is going to be unreliable.”[37]
In 2007, CNN correspondent Atika Shubert and Arabic translators accused MEMRI of mistranslating portions of a Palestinian children’s television programme.
“Media watchdog MEMRI translates one caller as saying – quote – ‘We will annihilate the Jews,”‘ said Shubert. “But, according to several Arabic speakers used by CNN, the caller actually says ‘The Jews are killing us.”‘

Is Hamas fighting over George Galloway?s $1 million? - Neal Ungerleider - Falafel Mafia - True/Slant

From your link:

Wikipedia’s listing for MEMRI (which was founded by two members of the right-wing, anti-peace-process Likud party) includes considerable information about charges of biases and inaccuracies. It think it’s fair to say that few in the Western media take its information without double-checking with other sources. From Wikipedia:
MEMRI’s work has been attacked on three grounds: that their work is biased; that they choose articles to translate selectively so as to give an unrepresentative view of the media they are reporting on; and that their translations are sometimes inaccurate.

Why do Tinnie and Deach insist on MALIGNING CHRIST CHURCH
the "CHRIST CHURCH" in the town of my childhood was the
OLDEST CHURCH IN TOWN----little standard with steeple structure.
It was in use but I think it was considered a landmark. The town
dated back to pre revolutionary war days-----sorta I was never
in it but I think "christ church" is basic christianity in the USA ---
Maybe it is puritan i really don't know probably not

P F Tinmore is an extraordinarily polite poster who "maligns" no one ever.

i am not so polite.

neither one of us maligned christ church.

george galoway has made it clear well before this jewish mountain out of a molehill this that he doesn't recognise israeel and will not debate israelis.

whether you agree or disagree with that is not the issue. he was set up and he made as graceful an exit as possible under the circumstances.

i am not so polite.

george galoway has made it clear well before this jewish mountain out of a molehill this that he doesn't recognise israeel and will not debate israelis.

whether you agree or disagree with that is not the issue. he was set up and he made as graceful an exit as possible under the circumstances.

He won't debate with Israelis because he knows he will lose the debate. The man is a well know supporter of terrorism

Did they lie to him to get him to appear in the debate....probably.
Does this in anyway diminish the magnitude of a member of Parliament stating that he does not recognize Israel??.......no.

Oh this is so Galloway. I was just reading this in the Daily Mail.

Shows himself to be the pompous ass he is one more time. I love it. :lol:

Mahmood Naji, who organised the debate, told student newspaper Cherwell: 'At no point during my email exchange with Mr Galloway's secretary was Eylon's nationality ever brought up or mentioned.

'Nor do I expect to have to tell the speaker what his opponent's nationality is.'

Michael Baldwin, a third-year student who was moderating the debate, said: 'I was disappointed that a possibly fruitful discussion was prematurely ended by Mr Galloway’s refusal to debate someone just because of their nationality.

And even some of his followers were shocked.

The MP faced a backlash over his comments from his followers on social media.

Christine Quigley, a former Labour candidate for the London Assembly, wrote:

'As a former constituent of George Galloway and pro-Palestinian, I'm deeply unimpressed he refused to debate someone because he was Israeli.'

How very chicken shit of the old fool.

George Galloway storms out of Oxford University: 'I don't recognise Israel and I don't debate with Israelis' | Mail Online

i am not so polite.

Galloway faced a backlash. This was not made a mountain out of a molehill by a Jew.

Set up? Really?

Check out the advertisement for this debate. The gentleman on the right that Galloway would be debating could not possibly be mistaken for a Nigerian or a First Nations from Canada.

:eusa_whistle:

He wasn't set up at all. Too funny. I don't know what made him run away, but I find it hilarious that he did.

article-2282261-182C8063000005DC-215_634x661.jpg

George Galloway storms out of Oxford University: 'I don't recognise Israel and I don't debate with Israelis' | Mail Online

Last edited:

Forum List

Back