George W. Bush critics turn wrath on President Obama : Democrats are angry

Republicans, the party of adolescent convenience. NOW they don't like the intrusion into our lives but after 9/11 it was no big deal.

ha!

No one with a dime's worth of brain processing power even takes the GOP seriously with this sort of crud. Hello, McFly....!!!!... its been a problem for over a decade!!!! Nice to finally see you awaken to reality.

So democrats liked it then and they like it now? How wonderfully consistent.

Well nice to see bipartisan anger over certain issues. Bravo for not being hypocrites!:clap2:

By DARREN SAMUELSOHN | 6/7/13 5:04 AM EDT

A club of Capitol Hill liberals made life hell for George W. Bush in his second term.

Now the gang is back — and they don’t care that this time the president is their guy.

Read more: George W. Bush critics turn wrath on President Obama - Darren Samuelsohn - POLITICO.com

In the last few weeks, some of the loudest anti-Bush voices — including Democratic Reps. Henry Waxman and Ed Markey and Sens. Mark Udall and Ron Wyden – have been demanding answers from the White House on civil liberties, privacy and regulations, some of the same questions that defined Bush’s second term.

Then news broke that the NSA is sweeping up millions of Americans’ phone records and monitoring their Internet activity and the irritation turned to full-blown outrage.

:clap2:

“The president said that I must return to my authentic self. And I think the president needs to go back and read his own speeches,” said Rep. Elijah Cummings, implying Obama could use a refresher course on some of his own 2008 campaign rhetoric — when he spoke openly about not becoming part of the conventional politics of Washington.

Others likened him to Bush, directly.

“I’m very concerned that this is basically a continuation of the policies of the Bush administration and the abuses of the Patriot Act. I’d like to see better out of this administration,” said Rep. Peter DeFazio, an Oregon Democrat who noted he’s long been game to question Obama’s priorities.

House Judiciary Committee ranking member John Conyers also was steamed over the NSA eavesdropping, which he called another thorn in the side of progressive Democrats who fought Bush for nearly eight years on the issue and now must deal with Obama.

“I think the administration has brought it on themselves,” the Michigan Democrat told POLITICO. “These revelations are making it necessary that we speak up.

We still support the administration but if we don’t speak up now they can keep drifting toward the right. So it seems to me it’s good for us and them that these things be put on the table.

More at link. Great read.

George W. Bush critics turn wrath on President Obama - Darren Samuelsohn - POLITICO.com

Give it another week or so and they will forget all about it.

That's what they thought back in September
:eusa_whistle:

Some Americans do have a very long memory.
They'll remember this vividly in November 2014

Forum List

Back