Georgia grand jury indicts police officer for murder of black man

So? If a trained martial artist is "unarmed" he can still kill right? If I fought you unarmed....you'd have no chance.

Not all "unarmed" people are non-lethal. Especially trained combat vets. The suspect likely had more hand to.hand and weapons training than the cop.

How could you or the cop possibly know that he had more combat or weapons training than the cop? Are all nekkid people dangerous?

Fair enough. But that's a cops world. How could a cop know??? Or not know? The guy could be a UFC fighter or former Marine. Or just a naked black guy high on PCP looking to kill a cop.

Either way......society called the cop to come protect them from this lunatic....the lunatic charged the cop aggressively....the cop defended himself....and that same society is charging the cop with murder.

America....enjoy the spike in violent crime and thuggery that's coming.

No. Society didn't call the cop. He went down and filled out an application for the job. He knew what was expected of him before he ever put a badge on, and if he can't behave in a professional manner in spite of having the hard job he asked for,he needs to have his ass fired.

Hey idiot....when someone dials 911....that's society calling the cop. Society calls cops tens of millions of times per year I'd guess.

Let me guess....you would've engaged in a hand to hand battle with the naked man charging you who was likely high on drugs and crazy....and in hindsight had combat training....and you would've won UFC style right?

That's the cop doing his job. If they don't want to do their job professionally, they can always deliver pizza..

So the cops job as a professional is to get into a full hand to hand street fight with him?

Of course. It's just good that they are finally looking at some of these cases. Previously, the cop was just given a pass and a pat on the back and the situation was swept under the rug.

The problem is....if society begins deciding all cops who must kill someone on duty has to be arrested and put in front of a jury...our cops will stop working. They'll avoid confrontation at all costs. It's already happening.

A local prosecutor here quoted a campaign fundraiser luncheon with "These days it's easier to just let a jury find them not guilty than to put our name on the line and decide not to prosecute. The public won't come after you for losing a trial, they come after you for saying charges aren't justified."

AND THAT IS why bad days are ahead.

So a badge is a license to kill?

If necessary. Graham vs Conner. Cops have typically had more margin for error or benefit of the doubt in shootings because of the nature of the job. Because we ask them to go into hostile situations.

That's changing. And cops are gonna stop showing up.

Plenty of new applications for people who actually want to do the job.

You never answerd. What would you have done? You have about 2 seconds to decide because the crazy naked man with combat training closing in on you....2....1....and he has you.

So?

I'm not a cop. I haven't had cop training. I'm not expected to live up to professional standards. That's your problem. You don't realize that responsibility comes with the badge.

How could you or the cop possibly know that he had more combat or weapons training than the cop? Are all nekkid people dangerous?

Fair enough. But that's a cops world. How could a cop know??? Or not know? The guy could be a UFC fighter or former Marine. Or just a naked black guy high on PCP looking to kill a cop.

Either way......society called the cop to come protect them from this lunatic....the lunatic charged the cop aggressively....the cop defended himself....and that same society is charging the cop with murder.

No. Society didn't call the cop. He went down and filled out an application for the job. He knew what was expected of him before he ever put a badge on, and if he can't behave in a professional manner in spite of having the hard job he asked for,he needs to have his ass fired.

Hey idiot....when someone dials 911....that's society calling the cop. Society calls cops tens of millions of times per year I'd guess.

Let me guess....you would've engaged in a hand to hand battle with the naked man charging you who was likely high on drugs and crazy....and in hindsight had combat training....and you would've won UFC style right?

That's the cop doing his job. If they don't want to do their job professionally, they can always deliver pizza..

So the cops job as a professional is to get into a full hand to hand street fight with him?

Don't really know, but I do know that second guessing a cops actions are no more out of line than second guessing any other professional who can potentially kill someone. The badge doesn't give them a free pass to do what ever they want.

So? If a trained martial artist is "unarmed" he can still kill right? If I fought you unarmed....you'd have no chance.

Not all "unarmed" people are non-lethal. Especially trained combat vets. The suspect likely had more hand to.hand and weapons training than the cop.

you just desribed bucs90

As to the OP, why didn't the cop use a taser? All cops should have non-lethal means to use FIRST, Thats a no-brainer

The problem is....if society begins deciding all cops who must kill someone on duty has to be arrested and put in front of a jury...our cops will stop working. They'll avoid confrontation at all costs. It's already happening.

A local prosecutor here quoted a campaign fundraiser luncheon with "These days it's easier to just let a jury find them not guilty than to put our name on the line and decide not to prosecute. The public won't come after you for losing a trial, they come after you for saying charges aren't justified."

AND THAT IS why bad days are ahead.

If necessary. Graham vs Conner. Cops have typically had more margin for error or benefit of the doubt in shootings because of the nature of the job. Because we ask them to go into hostile situations.

You never answerd. What would you have done? You have about 2 seconds to decide because the crazy naked man with combat training closing in on you....2....1....and he has you.

So?

I'm not a cop. I haven't had cop training. I'm not expected to live up to professional standards. That's your problem. You don't realize that responsibility comes with the badge.

AHHHH.....THE TYPICAL LIBERAL ANSWER.

"I'm not a cop. I don't know what alternative he should've used. I have no better solutions. I just don't like what he did."

Don't really know, but I do know that second guessing a cops actions are no more out of line than second guessing any other professional who can potentially kill someone. The badge doesn't give them a free pass to do what ever they want.

So if you don't know what he "should've done"....how do you know he wasn't justified in doing what he did?

I'm fine with second guessing cops. Afterall....our nation was founded in part because colonists didn't like the brutality of "cops" of their time....the British military red coats.

But if you strongly care about it....offer some solutions.

So?

"I'm not a cop. I don't know what alternative he should've used. I have no better solutions. I just don't like what he did."

I'm not a doctor or pilot either, but I know they have expectations and standards they have to meet that are more than is expected from the average person.

So if you don't know what he "should've done"....how do you know he wasn't justified in doing what he did?

I'm fine with second guessing cops. Afterall....our nation was founded in part because colonists didn't like the brutality of "cops" of their time....the British military red coats.

But if you strongly care about it....offer some solutions.

SOLUTION #1 COPS OBEY THE LAW.

you just desribed bucs90

As to the OP, why didn't the cop use a taser? All cops should have non-lethal means to use FIRST, Thats a no-brainer

Good question. He'll need to say why in court.

My guess?

A. May not have had time. If the time to make a decision was very short...may just not have time to go to tazer. They use prongs that must "spread" to be effective. Need 5-10 feet to be effective.
B. Many PDs teach not to use tasers if you're alone because you need a backup officer in case taser fails and the bad guy is on you.

The ANSWER to this dilemma is DRASTICALLY changing how cops are taught to fight. They need intensive Krav Maga, boxing and jiujitsu training. Monthly training.

Cops need to be able to FIGHT. Not rely on weapons.

But.....there are reasons why that won't happen.

The public would protest it.

So?

I'm not a doctor or pilot either, but I know they have expectations and standards they have to meet that are more than is expected from the average person.

No you arent. And did you know doctors kill 50X more people a year than cops? Yep. Medical negligence and laziness.

50X more!

Must have missed your anger and demands that they be arrested.

So?

No you arent. And did you know doctors kill 50X more people a year than cops? Yep. Medical negligence and laziness.

50X more!

I'm all for ALL professionals being held responsible for their actions.

So?

50X more!

Oh good!! So when are you going to start calling out doctors and demand they be arrested when their sloppy negligent work kills someone?

Cops kill 1000 a year.
Doctors kill 50000 a year.

I await "Patients Lives Matter" protests and demands that Docs be arrested!

50X more!

Oh good!! So when are you going to start calling out doctors and demand they be arrested when their sloppy negligent work kills someone?

Cops kill 1000 a year.

Doctors undergo much more scrutiny than cops.

50X more!

Cops kill 1000 a year.

Doctors undergo much more scrutiny than cops.

Hahahahaha!!!!! Oh wow. That was a good one.

Doctors get criticized more than cops he says!!! HAHAHA!!! Oh man....oh...that's a doozy.

So....how many doctors have been arrested?
And...how many left wing national protests have formed over doctors killing patients?

you just desribed bucs90

Good question. He'll need to say why in court.

My guess?

A. May not have had time. If the time to make a decision was very short...may just not have time to go to tazer. They use prongs that must "spread" to be effective. Need 5-10 feet to be effective.
B. Many PDs teach not to use tasers if you're alone because you need a backup officer in case taser fails and the bad guy is on you.

The ANSWER to this dilemma is DRASTICALLY changing how cops are taught to fight. They need intensive Krav Maga, boxing and jiujitsu training. Monthly training.

Cops need to be able to FIGHT. Not rely on weapons.

But.....there are reasons why that won't happen.

The public would protest it.
The main reason what you suggest will never happen is b/c there have been tens of thousands of 'AA' LEO hires. You KNOW what that means right? It means 99% of these 'AA' LEOs can't see their boots. These 'AA' LEOs can't run up a single flight of stairs. The entry examines have had to be 'dumbed-down' to help these 'AA' LEOs pass elementary level reading writing and arithmetic let alone basic level physical fitness.
Sorry friend but suggesting these 'AA' LEOs learn to use extreme MAs is not a realistic aim.

Good, he was convicted.
You stupid simpleton! He hasn't been "convicted". The GJ ruled the LEO should be charged and face a trial.
The GJ only did that to placate the local 'Tree Dwellers'. When the LEO walks which is 100% guaranteed the Pros. can claim the LEO got a fair trial and 'justice was served' and that means the 'Tree Dwellers' should vote for him next election cycle.

The naked guy was a combat vet with PTSD and was charging a cop while naked.

unarmed you hill billy mutant

pigs in a blanket fry em like bacon!
Bullshit!.

He had both arms.

Some people are so fucking stupid that they think somebody without a gun or knife is somehow harmless. But the fact is that people kill other people with their bare hands EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Good, he was convicted.
You stupid simpleton! He hasn't been "convicted". The GJ ruled the LEO should be charged and face a trial.
The GJ only did that to placate the local 'Tree Dwellers'. When the LEO walks which is 100% guaranteed the Pros. can claim the LEO got a fair trial and 'justice was served' and that means the 'Tree Dwellers' should vote for him next election cycle.

So you can make a 100% guarantee that he will walk even before the trial, but you deny that backs are turned when it comes to cops wrong doing?

Forum List

Back