Girl Drowning 3 miles off Coast – Saved by Dolphins!

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
article-2648352-1E7587D800000578-52_634x419.jpg

For as long as Man has told stories of the sea, mammals like whales and dolphins have played a large role. And many tell of the intelligence of them. But, this story takes it to a new height – AND IT'S TRUE!

She said that her team was following a school of bottlenose dolphins near the shore to study their behaviour, when one individual suddenly broke away from a feeding circle and set off into deeper waters.

The rest of the group set off in pursuit, much to the researchers' surprise who were used to tracking the animals back and forth within a few hundred metres of the beach.

They followed the speeding dolphins to around three miles (5km) off the coast.
‘The dolphin group stopped, forming a sort of ring around a dark object in the water,’ she wrote.

Dr Bearzi’s assistant saw the a lifeless girl, who she described as pallid and fully clothed.

Read more: Did dolphins save a girl from SUICIDE? | Mail Online

I would wonder how the dolphins determined she was there. They don't say, but it appears she was quite some distance from the pod. It seems unlikely they could have gotten an acoustic echo from here - if they were feeding, they would have been pinging very actively, but at high frequencies and pulse rates that they are well known to use when taking fish. It's also seems unlikely that she was making noise they would have heard considering how exhausted they found her to be. Although, perhaps she did try to shout for help or she might have been thrashing. Despite these points, I have no problem believing it. There have been a large number of such instances; large enough that I'd be tempted to say damn near every time a human has gotten in trouble in the water when a dolphin was within range to help, they've tried to help. I'm sure they haven't always been successful, but what the hey.

wow!

and NOW I know why I always loved 'Flipper', flipper, faster than lightening...

I had told my wife about dolphins chasing off sharks while surfing in Fla. So I was teaching my daughter to body surf, and I give her a shove into a wave, and see my wife frantically running towards the water and I jump into the same wave.. We go all the way to the shore break, and the wife is panicked that we were surfing in on the same wave as 2 dolphins. She said they were just a couple feet from us. And NOW she thinks that was fun to watch....

Forum List

Back