🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Giving thanks... for capitalism

Isn't there something wondrous — something almost inexplicable — in the way your Thanksgiving weekend is made possible by the skill and labor of vast numbers of total strangers?
To bring that turkey to the dining room table, for example, required the efforts of thousands of people — the poultry farmers who raised the birds, of course, but also the feed distributors who supplied their nourishment and the truckers who brought it to the farm, not to mention the architect who designed the hatchery, the workmen who built it, and the technicians who keep it running. The bird had to be slaughtered and defeathered and inspected and transported and unloaded and wrapped and priced and displayed. The people who accomplished those tasks were supported in turn by armies of other people accomplishing other tasks — from refining the gasoline that fueled the trucks to manufacturing the plastic in which the meat was wrapped.
The activities of countless far-flung men and women over the course of many months had to be intricately choreographed and precisely timed, so that when you showed up to buy a fresh Thanksgiving turkey, there would be one — or more likely, a couple dozen — waiting. The level of coordination required to pull it off is mind-boggling. But what is even more mind-boggling is this: No one coordinated it.
No turkey czar sat in a command post somewhere, consulting a master plan. No one rode herd on all those people, forcing them to cooperate for your benefit. And yet they did cooperate. When you arrived at the supermarket, your turkey was there. You didn't have to do anything but show up to buy it. If that isn't a miracle, what should we call it?
It is freedom, of course, and the ability of each person in the chain to see that he can benefit by his part in it, and being free to go ahead and do it without being coerced or intimidated by government and other thugs.

Isn't there something wondrous — something almost inexplicable — in the way your Thanksgiving weekend is made possible by the skill and labor of vast numbers of total strangers?
To bring that turkey to the dining room table, for example, required the efforts of thousands of people — the poultry farmers who raised the birds, of course, but also the feed distributors who supplied their nourishment and the truckers who brought it to the farm, not to mention the architect who designed the hatchery, the workmen who built it, and the technicians who keep it running. The bird had to be slaughtered and defeathered and inspected and transported and unloaded and wrapped and priced and displayed. The people who accomplished those tasks were supported in turn by armies of other people accomplishing other tasks — from refining the gasoline that fueled the trucks to manufacturing the plastic in which the meat was wrapped.
The activities of countless far-flung men and women over the course of many months had to be intricately choreographed and precisely timed, so that when you showed up to buy a fresh Thanksgiving turkey, there would be one — or more likely, a couple dozen — waiting. The level of coordination required to pull it off is mind-boggling. But what is even more mind-boggling is this: No one coordinated it.
No turkey czar sat in a command post somewhere, consulting a master plan. No one rode herd on all those people, forcing them to cooperate for your benefit. And yet they did cooperate. When you arrived at the supermarket, your turkey was there. You didn't have to do anything but show up to buy it. If that isn't a miracle, what should we call it?
It is freedom, of course, and the ability of each person in the chain to see that he can benefit by his part in it, and being free to go ahead and do it without being coerced or intimidated by government and other thugs.
Capitalism isn't freedom dummy. Learn it.

unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
Might not the Right to Life and Liberty involve free education from kindergarten through grad school and single payer health insurance?

No.
More of your Society doesn't exist I see.

You have the right to paint your house. You can not force me to paint it nor provide the paint.

Capisce?

unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
Might not the Right to Life and Liberty involve free education from kindergarten through grad school and single payer health insurance?

No.
More of your Society doesn't exist I see.
You have the right to paint your house. You can not force me to paint it nor provide the paint.
Capisce?
I can provide the paint, and If I'm the regulator I can sure has hell tell you what kind of paint you are allowed to use, no lead, and if you live under an HOA, I can even tell you the colors are allowed. That's life in the big city.

Yes, government are thugs and majority vote doesn't change that.

Yes, which is why we need civil and criminal courts to redress wrongs, we don't need government to make our choices for us.
You're such a fucking child. Mommy, the government won't let me do whatever I like, boo hoo hoo.

Do you still ask your mommy for permission to do what you want?
Nope, but depending upon the economic activity I ask the government. See how that works now?

Yes, I see you are a gullible dope who thinks politicians and bureaucrats make better decisions about how to use your money than you do. Meanwhile you're getting robbed blind.
Elites make better decisions, that's as far as it goes. And I'm not being robbed although I'm hardly thrilled at what my taxes pay for, like every fucking other taxpayer.

So first he says "elites make better decisions," then he says the don't. Elites make decisions that benefit the elites. That's what you don't seem to get. Furthermore, I thought were opposed to "elites."

Capitalism isn't freedom dummy. Learn it.

Yes, actually, it is.

Forum List

Back