Glenn Beck compares Norwegian victims to 'Hitler Youth'

I will say, for the record, on the face of it, this appears to have been an outrageous comment. And I will unreservedly condemn him for saying it.

My problem, however, is that I have only one sentence so I have no context for his comment. Now, I'm not sure what context he could put it in that would make it any less offensive..... but... given the left's habit of, shall we say, misrepresenting what Beck said, I would definitely want the whole context before I jump all over him for it. For example, I constantly hear about how he 'hates' the victims of 9-11.... yet, when I read the full comment of Beck's on that particular issue, that is not what he said at all. It was, again, a left wing spin of his words.

So, I'll reserve any outrage until I see exactly what he said instead of one sentence. Always a good idea to get the context...... for intelligent people anyway.

Carry on with the faux outrage.

oh, please

what a load of unadulterated crap.

i'll post some context for my comment later

glenn-beck-godwins-law.jpg

I will say, for the record, on the face of it, this appears to have been an outrageous comment. And I will unreservedly condemn him for saying it.

My problem, however, is that I have only one sentence so I have no context for his comment. Now, I'm not sure what context he could put it in that would make it any less offensive..... but... given the left's habit of, shall we say, misrepresenting what Beck said, I would definitely want the whole context before I jump all over him for it. For example, I constantly hear about how he 'hates' the victims of 9-11.... yet, when I read the full comment of Beck's on that particular issue, that is not what he said at all. It was, again, a left wing spin of his words.

So, I'll reserve any outrage until I see exactly what he said instead of one sentence. Always a good idea to get the context...... for intelligent people anyway.

oh, please

what a load of unadulterated crap.

i'll post some context for my comment later

I'm going on past experience of how Beck gets misquoted. Simple. I've lost count of the times I've seen people state that he 'hates the victims of 9-11'.... and that's not what he said at all. One sentence is not context. I like context. It puts peoples comments into perspective. Without perspective, I can't judge what he actually said.

However, on the face of it, yea - it definitely sounds offensive.

intelligent people find the context in less time than writing a bullshit post like yours takes.

but i cannot link to this context, as it links to the media.

Is Beck tacitly approving of the killings? After all, wouldn't most want to stop Hitler Youth before they became Hitler adults?

intelligent people find the context in less time than writing a bullshit post like yours takes.

but i cannot link to this context, as it links to the media.

Nothing in the media is every correct. Glenn Beck is in the media. Therefore, Glenn Beck never said anything about Hitler Youth.

The piece I linked to has a link to the audio in it so you are free to get all the context you want.

However, I am curious.....can you provide an example of the kind of context associated with that comment that would make it okay to you?

Is Beck tacitly approving of the killings? After all, wouldn't most want to stop Hitler Youth before they became Hitler adults?

beck uses the norway killings as a springboard to replay his anti-islam warnings, which he calls a famous monologue. but he apparently cannot tell denmark from the netherlands.

Radio personality Glenn Beck is taking flak for comparing the young Norwegian shootings victims and their friends to "Hitler Youth."

"As the thing started to unfold and there was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like the Hitler Youth. Who does a camp for kids that's all about politics? Disturbing," Beck said on his program this morning.

Classy.

Glenn Beck compares Norwegian victims to 'Hitler Youth' - On Deadline - USATODAY.com

Really, you can't argue with logic like that.

The piece I linked to has a link to the audio in it so you are free to get all the context you want.

However, I am curious.....can you provide an example of the kind of context associated with that comment that would make it okay to you?

So we have to follow a link to a link to a link.

I tried following this and what it appears is Glenn beck never said what was quoted. This is just something somebody took out of context and assigned to Glenn Beck as an actual quote.

Show us the video of him saying that the victims were Nazis and had it coming or whatever you're claiming.

We can do this with Bil Maher any day of the week but you can't do that with Beck.

Oh, and wouldn't it be nice if the "Coalition to Stop Gun Violence" went after the Obama Administration for delivering thousands of automatic weapons to known criminals and drug traffickers in Mexico? The Mexican government thought a war was starting up but instead it was the Obama Administration up to more of their tricks.

Last edited:

I tried following this and what it appears is Glenn beck never said what was quoted. This is just something somebody took out of context and assigned to Glenn Beck as an actual quote.

Show us the video of him saying that the victims were Nazis and had it coming or whatever you're claiming.

We can do this with Bil Maher any day of the week but you can't do that with Beck.

reading for comprehension is your friend

try again

:rofl:

Whatever you say, Cochise.

He said exactly what I quoted.

Listen to the first minute of the audio link in *gasp* huffpo link below.

Glenn Beck On Norway Killings: Children Like 'Hitler Youth,' Breivik 'Just As Bad As Osama Bin Laden' (AUDIO)

Should we be surprised?

"This is a guy who uses more swastika props and video of the Nuremberg rallies than the History Channel,"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1s4fj-5zlk]‪"GLENN BECK HAS NAZI TOURETTES!" - Lewis Black Steamrolls Glenn Beck!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Well let us, for purposes of discussion assume he was right.

Does THAT make it okay to kill them?

Is Glen Beck advocating the murder of kids because he disapproves of their politics?

Sort of reads like that's where he's headed with that line of reasoning.

Last edited:

No, I can't.... which is why I said 'I will unreservedly condemn him for saying it'.

However, I said the same thing about his apparent insult towards the victims of 9-11 but, when I researched what he actually said, I found he was misrepresented. Hence, I hesitate to accept it on face value. I rarely accept anything on face value so I want to take a look at the full context, not selective chunks but the whole conversation. That's just me, I like context. I find context valuable to understand what is actually being said.

simply amazes me that people blindly follow an admitted liar

who has stated he will say and do anything for ratings...that he lied to his wife before they were married about his religion to get laid..

just add this to all his lies...and i love to see people who are so blinded by partisan politics that they will defend whatever their side says

simply amazes me that people blindly follow an admitted liar

who has stated he will say and do anything for ratings...that he lied to his wife before they were married about his religion to get laid..

just add this to all his lies...and i love to see people who are so blinded by partisan politics that they will defend whatever their side says

if you believe in some magical context, then all these lies turn out to be very truthy. or something

Glenn Beck was on The View today, where after being called out on a story he used on his radio show involving meeting Whoopi Goldberg and Barbara Walters on a train, he admitted that he doesn’t check facts. Beck said that he is not a journalist. He is a commentator on life.

On The View Glenn Beck Admits that He Doesn

does he really think americans find comparisons like this entertaining? what does that say about his viewers?

seems as stupid as i find his viewers....beck finds them even stupider and is willing to take full advantage of that fact

Glen Beck will say anything to make money.

The right will do anything to get power

Forum List

Back