🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Global Investment in Wind and Solar Energy Is Outshining Fossil Fuels

These Environmental Wackos are like child like with their stupid fantasies.

The morons think they can have all the energy they need from solar arrays and wind farms and they can sit around Walden Pond all day long smoking pot, being groovy and not having a care in the world.

Of course the reality is much different. Solar and wind are terrible technologies that only exist with stupid government subsidies and mandates and will destroy our economy.

Being Science and Economics Deniers they don't understand that "there ain't no such thing as a free lunch".

Can you imagine the stupidity of those idiots stuck in that 24 hr DC traffic with an Environmental Wacko EV? LOL!

If they tried to heat the vehicle the battery would run down real quick. The longer they sat the colder the battery will get and more power lost.

Terrible technology.

Wrong
We pay FPL/Florida Power and Light 7% Less this year because Solar in Fl is very efficient.
First and foremost, solar is not efficient anywhere. The proof is the $100 trillion dollar price tag.

You pay 7% less because of government subsidies, rules, and regulations that artificially push the price down.

Generous electricity buy-back rates
Property tax exemption
Federal Solar Tax Rebate
Florida state sales tax rebate

You pay less because government forces itself into the free market and upsets capitalism.
You would pay even less if the government quit picking the winners and losers

First and foremost, solar is not efficient anywhere. The proof is the $100 trillion dollar price tag.

You pay 7% less because of government subsidies, rules, and regulations that artificially push the price down.

Generous electricity buy-back rates
Property tax exemption
Federal Solar Tax Rebate
Florida state sales tax rebate

You pay less because government forces itself into the free market and upsets capitalism.
You would pay even less if the government quit picking the winners and losers
I doubt could substantiate that while we can all agree why YOU are paying more for electric and gasoline: Dependence on Fossil Fuels.

Been nice.

`

I doubt could substantiate that while we can all agree why YOU are paying more for electric and gasoline: Dependence on Fossil Fuels.

Been nice.

`
Florida law requires net metering customers are compensated at the retail rate, so FPL customers are credited for the energy produced by their solar systems at their electricity rate.

Florida customers are paid a retail rate, not the wholesale rate. That is very generous indeed.

And yes, because of Democrat policies, I pay more for electricity and gasoline.

Dependence on Fossil Fuels, true, Green Energy has increased the use of Fossil Fuels, the manufacturing of Solar Cells increases the use for Fossil Fuels.

Solar not only costs more to produce, but it also increased demand for Fossil Fuels which increases the price of Fossil Fuels.

I have substantiated one point I made. You are think I can not substantiate the other 3, aba afuk?

Wrong
We pay FPL/Florida Power and Light 7% Less this year because Solar in Fl is very efficient.
They don't even have to build another plant saving Millions as customers are using solar and selling it back to them cheaper (and cleaner) than building any new plant.

And traditional electric bills (and gasoline) did go up because FOSSIL FUELS WENT UP, not Solar you dumb ***hole.
You are Hostages of the energy price and the Saudis now.
Not so with solar.

90% if the posters are low IQ MAGAts here.
90%.
`

Please note westwall "Disagree" feedbacks.
He cannot however Voice that disagreement because he is a science and business illiterate.

`
I doubt could substantiate that

I substantiated my post, and seeings how you have made unsubstantiated claims. It is up to you, by your rules, to substantiate your claims.

I doubt you can. As a courtesy, I proved I can substantiate my post, even though your prior post is unsubstantiated. So let us all see if you are a, "dumb asshole" (I can use the word you used, and use it in a manly way, correct?) and a hypocrite.

So, substantiate, I am betting you are illiterate.

hostage of the saudis? because the democrats are forcing us to buy saudi oil? sounds like we are hostage to the democrat dictators in the usa

Can you imagine the stupidity of those idiots stuck in that 24 hr DC traffic with an Environmental Wacko EV? LOL!

If they tried to heat the vehicle the battery would run down real quick. The longer they sat the colder the battery will get and more power lost.

Terrible technology.
As usual, you are proving once again how truly ignorant you are.

If people get stuck on the road during a storm and are driving an electric car, how will they keep warm? The battery can't do it, it will die too quickly.

Actually, the battery can keep you warm - for several (ten) hours.

Heating uses 1–2 kWh per hour.
Older EVs had a battery of 30–40 kWh, current (new) ones have in most cases 50–75 kWh, the big ones go up to 100 kWh, the future generations will go even beyond that.

Normal drives take a few hours, if you are stranded, they may take a few hours more.

Snow storms are predictable, they don’t happen in summer, so it is easy to plan in an EV to have in stormy weather some 10–20 kWh (depending on the size of the battery and the car) as a reserve.
Some chargers are along almost any route, it just take some planning ahead.
Some EVs (like Teslas) even have a built-in computer that does just that.

It’s like having some reserve in a petrol car, not allowing the car to ever go below 1/4 of the tank. An empty tank doesn’t warm you either. No difference.

That's total bullshit.
What liars you dumb fucks are.

Fossil Fuels Received $5.9 Trillion In Subsidies in 2020, Report Finds. Coal, oil, and natural gas received $5.9 trillion in subsidies in 2020 — or roughly $11 million every minute — according to a new analysis from the International Monetary Fund. Explicit subsidies accounted for only 8 percent of the total.Oct 6, 2021

I substantiated my post, and seeings how you have made unsubstantiated claims. It is up to you, by your rules, to substantiate your claims.

I doubt you can. As a courtesy, I proved I can substantiate my post, even though your prior post is unsubstantiated. So let us all see if you are a, "dumb asshole" (I can use the word you used, and use it in a manly way, correct?) and a hypocrite.

So, substantiate, I am betting you are illiterate.

hostage of the saudis? because the democrats are forcing us to buy saudi oil? sounds like we are hostage to the democrat dictators in the usa
Your bill includes these electricity charges plus other charges that apply to all PGE customers, such as a basic charge, distribution charge and supplemental adjustments. See the residential rate tariff for more information on all the charges included on your bill.
Time of Use rates also include a 0.722 cent per kWh credit for the first 1,000 kWh used. This credit is not applicable to separately metered Electric Vehicle Time of Use option.

Time of Use period​

Time of Use price​

Basic Service price​

On-peak12.380 ¢ per kWhUp to 1000 kWh: 6.329 ¢ per kWh > 1000 kWh: 7.051 ¢ per kWh
Mid-peak7.051 ¢ per kWhUp to 1000 kWh: 6.329 ¢ per kWh > 1000 kWh: 7.051 ¢ per kWh
Off-peak4.128 ¢ per kWhUp to 1000 kWh: 6.329 ¢ per kWh > 1000 kWh: 7.051 ¢ per kWh

Oregon has a lot of renewable power. Hydro and wind, and a fast increasing amount of solar.

Fossil Fuels Received $5.9 Trillion In Subsidies in 2020, Report Finds. Coal, oil, and natural gas received $5.9 trillion in subsidies in 2020 — or roughly $11 million every minute — according to a new analysis from the International Monetary Fund. Explicit subsidies accounted for only 8 percent of the total.Oct 6, 2021

Explicit subsidies accounted for only 8 percent of the total. The remaining 92 percent were implicit subsidies, which took the form of tax breaks or, to a much larger degree, health and environmental damages that were not priced into the cost of fossil fuels, according to the analysis.

LOL! Moron.

Explicit subsidies accounted for only 8 percent of the total. The remaining 92 percent were implicit subsidies, which took the form of tax breaks or, to a much larger degree, health and environmental damages that were not priced into the cost of fossil fuels, according to the analysis.

LOL! Moron.
Gee whizzers, so that is only $492 billion. And if I hit someone else's vehicle and damage it, I am expected to pay that damage, whether I have insurance or not. But the damage that the use of fossil fuels does to forests and people are expected to by payed for by the victims. Gotta love the ethics you embrace.

Gee whizzers, so that is only $492 billion. And if I hit someone else's vehicle and damage it, I am expected to pay that damage, whether I have insurance or not. But the damage that the use of fossil fuels does to forests and people are expected to by payed for by the victims. Gotta love the ethics you embrace.

Gee whizzers, so that is only $492 billion.

Not $5.9 trillion? LOL!

Gotta love the ethics you embrace.

I love the math you don't understand.

Tell me why writing off a business expense is a subsidy for an oil company.

Gee whizzers, so that is only $492 billion.

Not $5.9 trillion? LOL!

Gotta love the ethics you embrace.

I love the math you don't understand.

Tell me why writing off a business expense is a subsidy for an oil company.
Tell me why no one ever gave me extra money for the fewer years I had left to work, every year I worked? Depletion, you know.

Your bill includes these electricity charges plus other charges that apply to all PGE customers, such as a basic charge, distribution charge and supplemental adjustments. See the residential rate tariff for more information on all the charges included on your bill.
Time of Use rates also include a 0.722 cent per kWh credit for the first 1,000 kWh used. This credit is not applicable to separately metered Electric Vehicle Time of Use option.

Time of Use period​

Time of Use price​

Basic Service price​

On-peak12.380 ¢ per kWhUp to 1000 kWh: 6.329 ¢ per kWh > 1000 kWh: 7.051 ¢ per kWh
Mid-peak7.051 ¢ per kWhUp to 1000 kWh: 6.329 ¢ per kWh > 1000 kWh: 7.051 ¢ per kWh
Off-peak4.128 ¢ per kWhUp to 1000 kWh: 6.329 ¢ per kWh > 1000 kWh: 7.051 ¢ per kWh

Oregon has a lot of renewable power. Hydro and wind, and a fast increasing amount of solar.
Oregon imports electricity from Wyoming, made from coal.

Time of Use period​

Time of Use price​

Basic Service price​

You electric bill has absolutely nothing to do with someone's comment to me, you old moron.

Tell me why no one ever gave me extra money for the fewer years I had left to work, every year I worked? Depletion, you know.

If you were a mine or a well, you'd have a tax deduction.
Just like if you were a depreciating piece of equipment or building.
Like every business deducts expenses. Not a subsidy.

Fossil Fuels Received $5.9 Trillion In Subsidies in 2020, Report Finds. Coal, oil, and natural gas received $5.9 trillion in subsidies in 2020 — or roughly $11 million every minute — according to a new analysis from the International Monetary Fund.
Utter horse shit. What were these so-called "subsidies?"

Explicit subsidies accounted for only 8 percent of the total.Oct 6, 2021

You mean real subsidies, as opposed to the imaginary ones that progs makeup..

Forum List

Back