Global terrorism deaths soar

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Nobody really knows if they might be a victim of terrorism in the future since there is so much of it these days. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we, our family and also our friends don't become a victom.

Global terrorism deaths soar
Alice Tidey | [MENTION=20939]alice[/MENTION]Tidey

Global terrorism has become increasingly deadly over the past year, with fatalities 30 percent higher than the previous five years' average according a worldwide study.

According to the latest data from global risk consultancy firm Maplecroft released on Wednesday, 18,668 lives were lost to terrorist attacks in the past year, up from an annual average of 14,433 for the previous five years.

The number of attacks, however, has decreased to 9,471 in the past year from a five year average of 10, 468, "revealing that terrorist methods have become increasingly deadly over the last year", the report states.
Read MoreSenate votes to extend terrorism insurance program

As well as taking their toll on human life and infrastructure, the increasing number of terrorist acts are causing economic damage as well.

Continue reading at:

Global terrorism deaths soar.

Leading causes of Death worldwide:

WHO | The top 10 causes of death

I don't see Terrorism on it.
I don't think that was the claim of the OP. :cuckoo:
No, it was just the claim of the OP.
Nobody really knows if they might be a victim of terrorism in the future since there is so much of it these days. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we, our family and also our friends don't become a victom.
I'm more worried about Insect Bites than Terrorism.

Leading causes of Death worldwide:

WHO | The top 10 causes of death

I don't see Terrorism on it.

You worry about what you want to worry about, and we have the prerogative to worry about terrorism. Just be thankful that our Intelligence Agencies have been able to prevent another atocity like 9/11 before it happened.

You worry about what you want to worry about, and we have the prerogative to worry about terrorism. Just be thankful that our Intelligence Agencies have been able to prevent another atocity like 9/11 before it happened.
And you interpreted THAT as a claim for terrorism being a leading cause of death? Wow, ha ha ha, you have some serious reading comprehension problems.

You're not worried about terrorism because you live in the USA. Start traveling out if your trailer park in the boonies to other parts of the world and then we'll talk.

Forum List

Back