Global Warming Actually Still Accelerating - no "lull"

Well if the land ice is shrinking like he claimed than the sea ice has to be coming from somewhere ...

The decrease in salinity due to the melting land ice as well as increased precipitation causes the water to freeze at higher temperatures and prevents warmer deep ocean currents from flowing to the top.

New Theory for Why Antarctic Sea Ice Is Growing

LOL, we are talking parts per million variance in salinity here silly... Might make the difference of a few 10ths of a degree, that's it.. That's another of your silly warmer excuses..

How many more theories is it going totake before you guys have a big enough convoluted mess, that no one even wants to follow itany longer?

Ice is melting but it's not, oceans is warming but the ice isn't melting, but it is.. It's warming but it isn't, but it really is anyway, check out my new convolute theory that proves it.. Ice isn't melting? No problem I got a theory for that too...

ROFL, you people are pathetic..

BTW, I notice cut out the parts of my post that showed the truth about the page and your claims.. Sad...

If it's losing it so fast how did that crane get buried?

Erm, do you have any concept whatsoever of geography? The idea that there is more than one 'place' in the world? The idea that something can happen in one place but not necessarily at another? The crane is located in the eastern interior. The melting is happening on the western and northwestern ice shelves. Get it?

Why yes I do. These transmission towers are also in Antarctica. They are 115 feet tall.....though you would have a hard time telling that now. Wouldn't you?

Power_Transmission_Towers-1.jpg

Do you believe that my response should be different for transmission line towers than for a crane? If so, why?

I cannot believe, Mr Westwall, that you think a photograph such as that is evidence of ANYTHING.

Snowfall in Antarctica is up because precipitation is up and temperatures are still below freezing. Precipitation is up because temperatures are up. Ice loss to the sea has accelerated dramatically by the loss of the coastal ice shelves. And the biggest threat to the remaining ice shelves is warmer water, which is what you've got.

But that was a really cute photograph.

Well if the land ice is shrinking like he claimed than the sea ice has to be coming from somewhere ...

The decrease in salinity due to the melting land ice as well as increased precipitation causes the water to freeze at higher temperatures and prevents warmer deep ocean currents from flowing to the top.

Well, it's nice they have trotted out a new theory so fast, but did you actually read it? I bet not...

I cannot believe, Mr Westwall, that you think a photograph such as that is evidence of ANYTHING.

Snowfall in Antarctica is up because precipitation is up and temperatures are still below freezing. Precipitation is up because temperatures are up. Ice loss to the sea has accelerated dramatically by the loss of the coastal ice shelves. And the biggest threat to the remaining ice shelves is warmer water, which is what you've got.

It is EVIDENCE of what is actually happening in the Antarctic. Far superior to your computer FICTIONS which for some reason you guys will fall all over even though they aren't actual data.

You are funny, you truly are...

More than cute.. What are the conditions for ice formation? Excessive precipt and sub-freezing temps? Check.. Decreased surface temps due to albedo? Check...

Don't care if the precipt was caused by sub-freezing temps a degree or so above normal. That's when you GET precipt isn't it?

Those pics work for me.. Looks like an ice-building wonderland..
:lol:

All the warm ocean water does evaporate. This releases moisture into the atmosphere where it turns into cloud cover. When this happens, the heat from the sun doesn't reach the ground and the planet cools. That's why the temp is down over the past 16 years in spite of the increases in CO2.

We've had maybe 30 days of clear skies since March in Chicago. Maybe 32. Nearly everyday has been cloudy or partly cloudy. Spring we had so much rain that Lake Michigan went from 17" below normal to 3" above normal. It may have reduced as the rains have gone from record levels to the bi-daily drizzle. Then there was those 3 weeks of summer. We might get back up to normal by Sunday. Maybe.

All the warm ocean water does evaporate. This releases moisture into the atmosphere where it turns into cloud cover. When this happens, the heat from the sun doesn't reach the ground and the planet cools. That's why the temp is down over the past 16 years in spite of the increases in CO2.

We've had maybe 30 days of clear skies since March in Chicago. Maybe 32. Nearly everyday has been cloudy or partly cloudy. Spring we had so much rain that Lake Michigan went from 17" below normal to 3" above normal. It may have reduced as the rains have gone from record levels to the bi-daily drizzle. Then there was those 3 weeks of summer. We might get back up to normal by Sunday. Maybe.

LOL, kind of went off the actual fact and delved into what you believe there a bit.. hey, since you can just pull absolutes out of your head and call them fact, why not just say aliens are doing it? Has about as much fact as what you rambled..

It is EVIDENCE of what is actually happening in the Antarctic. Far superior to your computer FICTIONS which for some reason you guys will fall all over even though they aren't actual data.

You are funny, you truly are...

So, according to you, we should rely on two photographs, as opposed to all the climate data all those scientists who freeze their ya-yas off collecting to determine what is going on with that continent? What have you been smoking?

More than cute.. What are the conditions for ice formation? Excessive precipt and sub-freezing temps? Check.. Decreased surface temps due to albedo? Check...

Don't care if the precipt was caused by sub-freezing temps a degree or so above normal. That's when you GET precipt isn't it?

The issue is not whether or not the temperatures are sub-freezing. It is Antarctica. Of course they are. The issue is why the moisture has risen there so dramatically, and from where it is originating.

Try to cpmprehend what this means:

Antarctic_temps_AVH1982-2004%20source%20NASA.jpg

You are confusing regional weather patterns with global climate.

LOL, we are talking parts per million variance in salinity here silly...

No we aren't. Did you read the article or are you just pulling bullshit out of your ignorant ass? The water flowing into the ocean from melting land ice is fucking FRESHWATER you dildo. Its less dense and pools at the top.
Might make the difference of a few 10ths of a degree, that's it.. That's another of your silly warmer excuses..
You're just making numbers up. You're completely full of bullshit.
How many more theories is it going totake before you guys have a big enough convoluted mess, that no one even wants to follow itany longer?

Ice is melting but it's not, oceans is warming but the ice isn't melting, but it is.. It's warming but it isn't, but it really is anyway, check out my new convolute theory that proves it.. Ice isn't melting? No problem I got a theory for that too...

Now you're just babbling like a fucking idiot. Go tell your mommy to put you in the special school.

BTW, I notice cut out the parts of my post that showed the truth about the page and your claims.. Sad...

If it depresses you that much, you can follow the link in the quote back to the original post.

Well, it's nice they have trotted out a new theory so fast, but did you actually read it? I bet not...

So fast? How are you measuring the speed at which the theory is "trotted out" ? There's ample observational evidence to back it. Did YOU read it?

Fucking moron.

The issue is not whether or not the temperatures are sub-freezing. It is Antarctica. Of course they are. The issue is why the moisture has risen there so dramatically, and from where it is originating.

I only have my phone so I don't know where that graph is from. But it shows conditions that would probably lead to more ice in Antarctica but less sea ice. We know that sea ice there is expanding, what does that say about our ability to accurately measure ocean temps or model sea ice formation?

There's no requirement for the poles to act the same. They've been "bipolar" over large chunks of time. I forget the exact timeframe, but from something like 30 million to 3 million years ago, the earth had a warm north pole and a frozen south pole.

I only have my phone so I don't know where that graph is from. But it shows conditions that would probably lead to more ice in Antarctica but less sea ice. We know that sea ice there is expanding, what does that say about our ability to accurately measure ocean temps or model sea ice formation?

What graph, where? Sea ice is not expanding in the way that you think. There is more "sea ice" only because the coastal glaciers and ice shelves are accelerating towards the sea, and calving right into it, even as they begin to melt.

larsen-b-iceshelf_265_600x450.jpg

Antarctica-ice-shelf-break-up-3-lg.jpg

090429-wilkins-hmed-8a.grid-6x2.jpg

There's no requirement for the poles to act the same. They've been "bipolar" over large chunks of time. I forget the exact timeframe, but from something like 30 million to 3 million years ago, the earth had a warm north pole and a frozen south pole.

So it's not actually "Global" Warming?

Forum List

Back