Global Warming (Assuming It's Happening) is a Blessing From God

A little more geometery[sic]. One-third of earth's land mass lies north of the 45th parallel. This is the line that crosses through Minnesota, Montana, and the northern US and Siberia. The majority of this land is uninhabitable due to extreme cold. Global warming would open it all up to development and farming. This would be a huge blessing to mankind.

Just a little FYI, that's not geometry.

The sea level rise? Would that be a huge blessing to mankind?

The extinctions? Would those be a huge blessing to mankind?

The crop failures? Would those be a huge blessing to mankind?

The increased number and intensity of heat waves? Would those be a blessing to mankind?

The new diseases? Would those be a blessing to mankind?

The forced migrations of hundreds of millions of people? Would that be a blessing to mankind?

“Simply put, land feeds us all,” he said, noting the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and the Intergovernmental Science‑Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services report that 25 per cent of the world’s land has been rendered unusable, “threatening everything we eat, drink and breathe”.

Just a little FYI, that's not geometry.

The sea level rise? Would that be a huge blessing to mankind?

The extinctions? Would those be a huge blessing to mankind?

The crop failures? Would those be a huge blessing to mankind?

The increased number and intensity of heat waves? Would those be a blessing to mankind?

The new diseases? Would those be a blessing to mankind?

The forced migrations of hundreds of millions of people? Would that be a blessing to mankind?

“Simply put, land feeds us all,” he said, noting the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and the Intergovernmental Science‑Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services report that 25 per cent of the world’s land has been rendered unusable, “threatening everything we eat, drink and breathe”.
You didn't read my post. HUGE new vistas will now be open for development and farming. Formerly uninhabitable frozen wastelands. Tell me how this isn't cause for celebration.

You didn't read my post. HUGE new vistas will now be open for development and farming. Formerly uninhabitable frozen wastelands. Tell me how this isn't cause for celebration.
Because all of the things I mentioned will be happening at the same time or sooner. And did you read my link? We have already LOST 25% of the Earth's arable land to climate change. That's not huge new vistas opening up. That's a fucking disaster in the making.

And I have to ask, based on the wording of the title and you being the OP, do you believe global warming is an act of God?

Last edited:
Because all of the things I mentioned will be happening at the same time or sooner. And did you read my link? We have already LOST 25% of the Earth's arable land to climate change. That's not huge new vistas opening up. That's a fucking disaster in the making.

And I have to ask, based on the wording of the title and you being the OP, do you believe global warming is an act of God?
First, I don't believe that global warming is anything but a cyclical thing, but the big thing is we have no idea where we are in the cycle or how big or small the cycle is. So worry about global warming is as silly as worrying about sunspots or meteorites, or earthquakes, or tsunamis. They just ARE, and we have to deal with them if they happen. There is absolutely nothing we can do about global warming if it exists. It is purely a political issue designed to extract billions of dollars to the Marxist left from the United States taxpayer. If you notice ZERO pressure is ever placed on the biggest pollution offender, which is China. That right there is the tell that this effort is a sham.

First, I don't believe that global warming is anything but a cyclical thing, but the big thing is we have no idea where we are in the cycle or how big or small the cycle is.
We have mountains of historical data and the current warming trend fits NO discernible cycle. No one has found ANY other cause for the warming than the increased CO2 in our atmosphere and multiple analyses have shown that every speck of CO2 above what was present before the Industrial Revolution (and for 14 million years further back) was created by the combustion of fossile fuels, ie, by man.
So worry about global warming is as silly as worrying about sunspots or meteorites, or earthquakes, or tsunamis.
That is incorrect. Global warming will do great harm and it WAS preventable.
They just ARE, and we have to deal with them if they happen.
That is demonstrably false.
There is absolutely nothing we can do about global warming if it exists.
That is also demonstrably false.
It is purely a political issue designed to extract billions of dollars to the Marxist left from the United States taxpayer.
Utter nonsense. Do you have any evidence to support ANYTHING you've said here?
If you notice ZERO pressure is ever placed on the biggest pollution offender, which is China.
China is currently spending more than we are to reduce her CO2 emissions. Her per capita emissions are already much lower than ours.
That right there is the tell that this effort is a sham.
All it tells us is that you have an extremely poor grasp of science or even of reality.

• Fake News
Reactions: EMH
The majority of this land is uninhabitable due to extreme cold.

I live near the 45th parallel ... it didn't freeze last winter ... South Dakota, Vermont, Spain, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Hokkaido ... you bet it gets cold in these places but nothing like the Inuit or Siberians endure ...

I think humans are the only large animal to inhabit Antarctica year-round ... there's even humans living in space right now ... the Moon and Mars ain't far behind ...

There's no such thing as "uninhabitable" ...

We have mountains of historical data and the current warming trend fits NO discernible cycle. No one has found ANY other cause for the warming than the increased CO2 in our atmosphere and multiple analyses have shown that every speck of CO2 above what was present before the Industrial Revolution (and for 14 million years further back) was created by the combustion of fossile fuels, ie, by man.

That is incorrect. Global warming will do great harm and it WAS preventable.

That is demonstrably false.

That is also demonstrably false.

Utter nonsense. Do you have any evidence to support ANYTHING you've said here?

China is currently spending more than we are to reduce her CO2 emissions. Her per capita emissions are already much lower than ours.

All it tells us is that you have an extremely poor grasp of science or even of reality.
Link any of you claims. Saying it is "demonstrably false" doesn't isn't evidence.

China is building coal refining plants as we speak.

Love the 'per capita' out, considing China has four times the population we do. China creates 1/3 of the world's carbon emissions. Yet no pressure is being put on them to do anything. I found no reports on their spending. Can you supply one?

Link any of you claims. Saying it is "demonstrably false" doesn't isn't evidence.
www.ipcc.ch
China is building coal refining plants as we speak.
That does not mean they aren't spending money to reduce their CO2 emissions.
Love the 'per capita' out, considing China has four times the population we do.
Deniers always reject the obvious logic.

Under ANY conditions, who will produce more CO2, China or the Vatican? China. Why? Because the Vatican has 825 people and China has 1,400,000,000. But if the Vatican is producing 20 tons of CO2 per citizen and China is producing 5, who is being more responsible? Per capita emissions are obviously the proper manner to evaluate national emissions.
China creates 1/3 of the world's carbon emissions. Yet no pressure is being put on them to do anything.
They signed the Paris Accords. Pressue IS being put on them.
I found no reports on their spending. Can you supply one?
You didn't look very hard.

Google AI
China has invested billions of dollars in clean energy and other areasto reduce carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions:

China invested $546 billion in clean energy, which is almost four times the amount invested by the United States. This investment included solar and wind energy, electric vehicles, and batteries.

• 2024–2025
    China's 2024–2025 Action Plan aims to reduce energy consumption and CO2 per unit of GDP.

According to the World Bank, China may need to invest between $14–17 trillion in green infrastructure and technology to reach net-zero emissions by 2060. The bank also suggests that China may need policy and regulatory reforms to encourage private sector investment and innovation.

• Science expenditures
    Science expenditures can help promote energy-saving technology, low-carbon transportation systems, and improved traffic management. The government can also use financial subsidies to encourage enterprises to develop low-carbon products.
China is already the world's largest producer and consumer of renewable energy, and has one-third of the world's renewable energy capacity. China also leads the global supply chains for many low-carbon technologies, including solar panels, wind turbines, and critical minerals.

Spatio-temporal efficiency of fiscal environmental expenditure in reducing CO2 emissions in China's cities

C Xu, Y Xu, J Chen, S Huang, B Zhou… - Journal of Environmental …, 2023 - Elsevier
… the carbon emission reduction effect of fiscal environmental expenditure in China's cities
based … Considering the availability and integrity of the data, the study covers 106 Chinese cities …
Save Cite Cited by 26 Related articles All 5 versions

The impacts of China's household consumption expenditure patterns on energy demand and carbon emissions towards 2050

H Dai, T Masui, Y Matsuoka, S Fujimori - Energy policy, 2012 - Elsevier
expenditure theory and show the past trends in final consumption expenditure of China and
other countries, then we explore possible household consumption expenditure patterns in …
Save Cite Cited by 196 Related articles All 12 versions
[PDF] researchgate.net

The role of fiscal expenditure on science and technology in carbon reduction: evidence from provincial data in China

Y Zhu, Z Liu, S Feng, N Lu - Environmental Science and Pollution …, 2022 - Springer
… to carbon emission reduction. In this study, we analyze the impact fiscal expenditure on
science and technology has on carbon emissions using a panel dataset from 2007 to 2016 at …
Save Cite Cited by 32 Related articles All 7 versions

Impacts of local public expenditure on CO2 emissions in Chinese cities: A spatial cluster decomposition analysis

S Cheng, Y Chen, F Meng, J Chen, G Liu… - Resources, Conservation …, 2021 - Elsevier
… of 279 cities in China to examine the impacts of local public expenditure on CO 2 emissions
in the context of socio-economic conditions. The results show emission differences in cities …
Save Cite Cited by 79 Related articles All 3 versions
[PDF] academia.edu

Controlling carbon emissions in China

RF Garbaccio, MS Ho, DW Jorgenson - … and development economics, 1999 - cambridge.org
carbon taxes to reduce emissions of CO2 in China. To do so, we develop a dynamic computable
general equilibrium (CGE) model of the Chinese … through the state budget or indirectly …
Save Cite Cited by 196 Related articles All 14 versions

Decoupling and decomposition analysis of CO2 emissions from government spending in China

S Cheng, P Wang, B Chen, W Fan - Energy, 2022 - Elsevier
… between GSP and CO 2 emissions in China. First, according to the Tapio decoupling elasticity
index, this study divides the decoupling state between GSP and CO 2 emissions into six …
Save Cite Cited by 42 Related articles All 6 versions

Investigating the nexus between education expenditure, female employers, renewable energy consumption and CO2 emission: evidence from China

Q uz Zaman, Z Wang, S Zaman, SF Rasool - Journal of Cleaner Production, 2021 - Elsevier
… that help in reducing CO 2 emissions in the environment. … expenditure in China will help
in reducing CO 2 emission as … employment will also help reduce CO 2 emission. The study's …
Save Cite Cited by 98 Related articles All 3 versions

Revisiting China's natural resources-growth-emissions nexus: Education expenditures and renewable energy innovation

Z Wang, D Hu, F Sami, KF Uktamov - Resources Policy, 2023 - Elsevier
expenditures on education, mineral rents, and renewable energy innovation to attain
China's COP27 target regarding carbon emissions… development and reduce GHG emissions. …
Save Cite Cited by 13 Related articles All 5 versions

Forum List

Back