Global Warming is such Wooly Mammoth Crap.

Where is the bitter cold(18 deg) coming from if the Arctic Polar Regions are melting(above 32 deg)

• I am a liberal, and it is Global Warming, err i mean Global Climate Change, you racist...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a Conservative who understands the global warming scam and it is to take away our money..

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters
Truth hurts eh? Your stupid cut and past don’t work. Jose.

"Cut and Past" Oh, yes, Spell Check is not always your friend.

You just cut and paste and rip off other people’s ciews and present them as your own.

And sometimes it is!!!

You lie and say you are a professional writer, yet have nothing to show for it.

Sure I do. A lot of money in my bank account. That's what I have to show for it.

Then you try and say weather is not climate change when on any other day you blame climate change for the weather.

Well, when you get a 80 Degree day in February in Chicago, that is kind of freaky, yeah...

But I take more of a long term view. When I was a kid in Chicago, Chicago winters were truly brutal. We voted mayors out of office for not handling them well. Today... meh, not so much. I'd be hard pressed to remember when we had a really brutal winter here like we had when I was a kid.

When I was a kid in Chicago, Chicago winters were truly brutal.

But we were pumping all that CO2 into the air in the 1970s.
Did that old CO2 make us colder?

Obviously, you don't understand it's a cumulative effect... it's the compound effect of increased CO2 in the atmosphere.

We were dumping much worse things in the atmosphere than CO2 back in the 1970's. There were days where you couldn't see the sun because the smog was so thick.

So as a recap of what you liberals are saying is....

When the temperature is going up to "HOT" it is Global Warming..
When the temperature is going down to "FREEZING" it is weather.

Thanks for participating and you can make the decision on who the mentally ill people are on this post...

20131229-ship-stuck-ice.jpg

Thanks for participating and you can make the decision on who the mentally ill people are on this post...

Again, we can explain the science to you and you still wouldn't understand it.

Instrumental_Temperature_Record.png

Again, we can explain the science to you and you still wouldn't understand it.

Instrumental_Temperature_Record.png

We see the climate crusader nutters post this graph up in here 5,000 times/day. Have been doing it for years and years now..........to zero effect. Nobody is caring about the science in the real world despite 25 yeas of bomb throwing..........

lol........in this past weekends REALCLEARENRGY >>> The world's addiction to fossil fuels hasn't changed in 40 years

Who's not winning??:bye1:

We see the climate crusader nutters post this graph up in here 5,000 times/day. Have been doing it for years and years now..........to zero effect. Nobody is caring about the science in the real world despite 25 yeas of bomb throwing..........

lol........in this past weekends REALCLEARENRGY >>> The world's addiction to fossil fuels hasn't changed in 40 years

Who's not winning??

Spambot, the fact that we aren't fixing the problem doesn't mean we don't have a problem.

the science is pretty clear. The world is getting warmer, people are the cause.

Obviously, you don't understand it's a cumulative effect... it's the compound effect of increased CO2 in the atmosphere.

We were dumping much worse things in the atmosphere than CO2 back in the 1970's. There were days where you couldn't see the sun because the smog was so thick.

Oh, cumulative.
So in the 70s, the cumulative effect made things colder....now, the cumulative effect makes things warmer.....
Is that what you meant?

There were days where you couldn't see the sun because the smog was so thick.

I don't remember that in Chicago, do you?

Oh, cumulative.
So in the 70s, the cumulative effect made things colder....now, the cumulative effect makes things warmer.....
Is that what you meant?

No. there wasn't as much in the atmosphere in the 1970's as there is now.

Okay, going to try to make this as simple as you as possible. CO2 is put into the atmosphere by certain processes and taken out by certain processes. When you put more in, it stays there, because the processes to take it out don't take it out fast enough. So while the level was 300 PPM in the 1970's, it has increased to 400 PPM today.

image_xlarge

Um, yeah, I recall seeing that a bit in the early 70's, when you had smoky haze over the city in the summers.

Oh, cumulative.
Is that what you meant?

Okay, going to try to make this as simple as you as possible. CO2 is put into the atmosphere by certain processes and taken out by certain processes. When you put more in, it stays there, because the processes to take it out don't take it out fast enough. So while the level was 300 PPM in the 1970's, it has increased to 400 PPM today.

image_xlarge

Um, yeah, I recall seeing that a bit in the early 70's, when you had smoky haze over the city in the summers.
And ~5 million years ago atmospheric CO2 was >400 ppm and we transitioned from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet. So what is your point?

Oh, cumulative.
Is that what you meant?

image_xlarge

Obviously.
So why did the added CO2 cool us in the 70s while the larger amount added by now has warmed us?

If American haze cooled us in the 70s, shouldn't Chinese haze today throw us into a new Ice Age?

And ~5 million years ago atmospheric CO2 was >400 ppm and we transitioned from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet. So what is your point?

That changes that happen over millions of years are different than changes that happen over decades, but you guys think Jay-a-zus has a plan or something, fuck that science stuff.

That changes that happen over millions of years are different than changes that happen over decades, but you guys think Jay-a-zus has a plan or something, fuck that science stuff.
So atmospheric CO2 of 400 ppm that preceded the glacial cycles is irrelevant?

But atmospheric CO2 of 400 ppm today that you believe leads to a greenhouse planet, isn't?

giphy.gif

Oh, cumulative.
Is that what you meant?

image_xlarge

Obviously.
So why did the added CO2 cool us in the 70s while the larger amount added by now has warmed us?

If American haze cooled us in the 70s, shouldn't Chinese haze today throw us into a new Ice Age?
Arent we going into a new ice age?
The End of Global Warming — the New Ice Age — Bundle Up! | Armstrong Economics
There is now growing concern among scientists that we may indeed be heading into global cooling rather than warming. The concerns center on the apparent weakening of the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation. This seems to be triggering a growing amount of speculation about abrupt cooling.
Many of the European counties are moving away from fossil fuels, and relying on renewable energies for their electricity. If we are going into a new ice age, many people are going to die.

'30,000 could die from extreme cold'
The Office for National Statistics said this could be due to the “prolonged period of cold weather”. The National Federation of Occupational Pensioners said deaths among its members had more than quadrupled since the end of last year.

Chief executive Malcolm Booth said almost 500 of its members died last month, double the January figure.

He said: “At the rate we are going, and if this extreme cold continues we could be looking at 30,000 deaths.” Age UK said extreme cold weather can increase the risk of serious illness in elderly people.

But atmospheric CO2 of 400 ppm today that you believe leads to a greenhouse planet, isn't?

Again- changes over millions of years vs. changes over decades...

Here's the thing. there's a whole bunch of species that died out from 5 million years ago because of these changes.... but because this happened over a long period of time, other species evolved to fill those niches.

When it happens over decades, it happens too fast for evolution to keep up, so we have massive die-offs of coral reefs or melting permafrost.

Again- changes over millions of years vs. changes over decades...

Here's the thing. there's a whole bunch of species that died out from 5 million years ago because of these changes.... but because this happened over a long period of time, other species evolved to fill those niches.

When it happens over decades, it happens too fast for evolution to keep up, so we have massive die-offs of coral reefs or melting permafrost.
400 ppm is 400 ppm. Are you saying that 400 ppm doesn't matter?

I bet good ole Joe doesn't even know that for most of earth's history, the earth has been a greenhouse world and it's only been about the last 5 million years that the earth has become an ice house world.

400 ppm is 400 ppm. Are you saying that 400 ppm doesn't matter?

are you some kind of Christian retard.

Here's the thing. We can probably live with 400 PPM. But when it gets to 500 PPM or 600 PPM, then you reach a point of no return. At that point, the permafrost melts and all that biomatter starts rotting and creating even more CO2.

I bet good ole Joe doesn't even know that for most of earth's history, the earth has been a greenhouse world and it's only been about the last 5 million years that the earth has become an ice house world.

And if we still had Dinosaurs, that might be a point.

But essentially, we are releasing millions of years of CO2 in a few decades, that's the problem.

Forum List

Back