Gluten free and hating it!

dietary restrictions can be hard on everyone....
Years ago I injured my pancreas in a dirtbike crash. While I was in the hospital they had me on a restricted diet. First it was no food or drink, then it was only clear liquids, then just soft foods, then low fat/low sodium.

I think I hated that more than the pain.

Why would it taint a family relationship? It isn't just gluten, lots of people are taking pot shots at the same big target. Out bodies weren't designed for processed foods or even grains. That's a relatively new addition to man's diet. Most of us can tolerate them but overuse will cause problems.
Add dairy products to that short list along with modern grains.
Well, I'm not giving up my cheese or half and half. I don't drink milk though and am not convinced it's something humans need past infancy.
I'm not giving up my cheese either. I love cheese, all kinds of cheese...that's why I selected a "modified paleo" diet. I don't need pasta, potatoes, and other heavy carbs or manufactured, nor loads of packaged food products.

I'm not giving up my cheese either. I love cheese, all kinds of cheese...that's why I selected a "modified paleo" diet. I don't need pasta, potatoes, and other heavy carbs or manufactured, nor loads of packaged food products.
I eat good but don't consider it a religion. I'll eat some junk food but it's a treat, not a way of life. Humans can live on a wide variety of foods, that's one of the reasons we are so successful. I believe the old saying, you are what you eat.

I eat good but don't consider it a religion. I'll eat some junk food but it's a treat, not a way of life. Humans can live on a wide variety of foods, that's one of the reasons we are so successful. I believe the old saying, you are what you eat.
Eating isn't a religion for me, but having lost 50 lbs this past year and recognized the significant difference in my life, I am determined not to gain that weight back. That requires a permanent change in my eating habits. No more fast food, careful choices of packaged foods, and avoiding as much as possible those foods that I've discovered are really not good for me. What you say, "you are what you eat" is true!

Before "Gluten Free" food, people managed... what happened?

They evolved into couch potatoes and worship the TV gods that utter their divine revelations, and diet books/pills/food.

yeah, that's what I thought.... planning meetings and meals is a bitch with everyone and their delicate stomachs... I'm moving to the mountains!

They evolved into couch potatoes and worship the TV gods that utter their divine revelations, and diet books/pills/food.

yeah, that's what I thought.... planning meetings and meals is a bitch with everyone and their delicate stomachs... I'm moving to the mountains!
Just do a buffet thing. Greasy hog parts on one end, tofu and rice cakes on the other.

My aunt says she is allergic to eggs. I can see where some food allergies could lead to problems when it comes to any kind of socializing that has to do with eating. Eggs are in a LOT of different things. Lucky for me, I've never been allergic to anything, and I am grateful for that!

One of the Marines in my brother's platoon was allergic to eggs...there were some MREs he couldn't eat. (Eggs caused him to projectile-vomit uncontrollably.)

My mother and I both have problems with coconut, and the list of things we can't eat has some surprises on it. Pretty much any Thai food is out, and so are things as diverse as Oreos, the original Beer Nuts peanuts, and movie popcorn.

Why would it taint a family relationship? It isn't just gluten, lots of people are taking pot shots at the same big target. Out bodies weren't designed for processed foods or even grains. That's a relatively new addition to man's diet. Most of us can tolerate them but overuse will cause problems.
Actual our bodies were not created for all the garbage food being grown and made today.

i.e. Black mold called vitamin C when looked at through a microscope has a left hand twist: Natural Vitamin C is a right hand twist-- the two are exact opposites. When the human body receives an unnatural food product it revolts and that revolt is named in all sorts of diseases that can be readily treated through Pharmaceuticals. That is called commerce not health.
Just what is your food made of, anyway? Try industrial synthesis, genetically modified mold secretions, hydrochloric acid, mercury-contaminated caustic soda, ferrocyanide… and, of course, lots of GMO corn.

They started eating genetically modified yeast products which in turn makes into something that looks a lot like fat and changes the molecular structure once it hits the body's formerly well designed systems. No need to worry though the sister company that makes the GM yeast can provide the insulin and various other medical products to assist in a new treatment if it really causes any problems with ya.

Anyone else here have celiacs or other food allergies that have ruined your appreciation of food and tainted your family/social relationships?

My daughter was diagnosed 3 years ago. My sympathies to you. It's not easy. It hasn't tainted her(our) family relationships, but one guy she was dating broke it off with her because of her dietary restrictions, or so that was his excuse.

Thanksgiving dinners with family, for instance, were a relative takes hours cooking only to have me pick through it, and it bothers them, like some posters here think this is a made up fraud. I understand that, I can't eat grandma's old recipes loaded with wheat gluten as a binding agent. Pastas, Bread, you name it. Cereals.Anything involving wheat gluten protein. A lot of you people have unexplained stomach problems that I think point to gluten sensitivity, and should have it looked into. It is real as death.

Many think it's a made up fad because for a whole lot of people, it is. I read somewhere that 70% of the people on gluten free diets have no medical reason for it. It's another thing that people like you and my daughter have to put up with I'm sorry to say.

They started eating genetically modified yeast products which in turn makes into something that looks a lot like fat and changes the molecular structure once it hits the body's formerly well designed systems. No need to worry though the sister company that makes the GM yeast can provide the insulin and various other medical products to assist in a new treatment if it really causes any problems with ya.

I don't have "problems" - people with Gluten issues may disagree, but, I just think it's people that are prima donnas, wanting their diets adjusted... and a marketing gimmick. It's annoying to me as an event planner -

My aunt says she is allergic to eggs. I can see where some food allergies could lead to problems when it comes to any kind of socializing that has to do with eating. Eggs are in a LOT of different things. Lucky for me, I've never been allergic to anything, and I am grateful for that!

One of the Marines in my brother's platoon was allergic to eggs...there were some MREs he couldn't eat. (Eggs caused him to projectile-vomit uncontrollably.)

My mother and I both have problems with coconut, and the list of things we can't eat has some surprises on it. Pretty much any Thai food is out, and so are things as diverse as Oreos, the original Beer Nuts peanuts, and movie popcorn.

I'm not sure what happens to my auntie when she eats eggs. She hasn't gone into detail and just says she can't eat eggs anymore and is allergic to them now. :dunno: Egg allergies can be very serious because you can't take some vaccines which are grown in eggs, like the flu vaccine.

Actual our bodies were not created for all the garbage food being grown and made today.

i.e. Black mold called vitamin C when looked at through a microscope has a left hand twist: Natural Vitamin C is a right hand twist-- the two are exact opposites. When the human body receives an unnatural food product it revolts and that revolt is named in all sorts of diseases that can be readily treated through Pharmaceuticals. That is called commerce not health.
Just what is your food made of, anyway? Try industrial synthesis, genetically modified mold secretions, hydrochloric acid, mercury-contaminated caustic soda, ferrocyanide… and, of course, lots of GMO corn.
Ahyup, bad foods are bad for us. I'm more about preventative maintenance and avoiding meds unless you have no choice.

I don't have "problems" - people with Gluten issues may disagree, but, I just think it's people that are prima donnas, wanting their diets adjusted... and a marketing gimmick. It's annoying to me as an event planner -

There are people with varying levels of gluten intolerance. For people with Celiac Disease, it could be sever. My daughter is a case that is pretty severe. She can't eat it, it isn't a gimmick with her. It will be this way for the rest of her life.

Forum List

Back