Go Fund Me acct for Washington state florist who refused to serve gay wedding

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
This one started several weeks ago but has just now received attention due to the Memories Pizza story.

Online campaign raises over $87,000 for florist who was refused to work on gay couple's weddingBaronelle Stutzman was fined $1,000 for refusing to provide flowers for a same-sex marriage in 2013A campaign on Go Fund Me has raised more than $87,000 for Stutzman's legal fund as of Sunday In February, a judge ruled that Stutzman violated anti-discrimination and consumer protection laws by not working on the gay couple's wedding

By ASSOCIATED PRESS

Read more: Online campaign raises over 87 000 for Washington state florist who was fined for refusing to work on gay couple s wedding because of her relationship with Christ Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

A florist in eastern Washington state fined $1,000 for refusing to sell a same-sex couple wedding flowers and also facing a consumer-protection lawsuit has netted more than $87,000 in a crowdfunding campaign.

The Seattle Times reports that nearly half of the money on the gofundme.com page set up in February for 70-year-old Barronelle Stutzman came in the last several days.

Supporters compare Stutzman's benefit page to an Indiana pizza shop that raised more than $800,000 after closing when the owner said the shop wouldn't cater a gay wedding.

Read more: Online campaign raises over 87 000 for Washington state florist who was fined for refusing to work on gay couple s wedding because of her relationship with Christ Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Cool. If Christians want to start throwing money at each other that's great. :thup:

That's perfectly legal. Unlike discrimination. :wink_2:

she wasn't discriminating OldSchool , she was just exercising her Rights . I see it as an exercise in Free Association !!

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
she wasn't discriminating OldSchool , she was just exercising her Rights . I see it as an exercise in Free Association !!

which again, you lose when you start a business that promises to provide a service.

Just an FYI. This florist from what I have read had been the gay couple's florist for eons.

She just couldn't participate in their wedding by providing the flowers. I believe she's Southern Baptist. But she had served them for quite a while.

She never discriminated against them at any time. Other than refusing to service their wedding based on her religious beliefs she never turned them down.

Just an FYI. This florist from what I have read had been the gay couple's florist for eons.

She just couldn't participate in their wedding by providing the flowers. I believe she's Southern Baptist. But she had served them for quite a while.

She never discriminated against them at any time. Other than refusing to service their wedding based on her religious beliefs she never turned them down.

A homo will turn on you in a millisecond

thanks TDancer , this might be the set up that the libs are talking about . Sacrifice the lady to get some laws changed , make the news .

From what I've been reading with these cases the owners of the businesses don't appear to have discriminated over regular service. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on this.

The push comes to shove when they are being asked to provide services for a same sex wedding. I heard one lawyer lay it out this way.

The business owners have no problem with day to day service but if they provide services for a same sex wedding those with strong religious beliefs believe they are participating in a sin.

That's the crux of the matter here. Much like Hobby Lobby. That company had no problem with contraception and were more than willing to abide by the new ACA rules.

But to provide the abortion pill would be participating in the sin of abortion. That's why Hobby Lobby fought all the way up to the Supremes.

It's interesting here legally because providing a service is entirely different than crossing the line and participating in what these business owners believe to be a sinful act.

A homo will turn on you in a millisecond

Yep, one minute they are out in front, the next they are cumming up from behind.

looks like she is up to 103 , almost , just a few bucks short of 104 thousand dollars . Rush Limbaugh plus others did good by jumpstarting , mentioning the ladies funding !!

naw , I see it in a traditional American way OldSchool !! And I hope that Dear readers on this site get over to the FUNDING site and add a few bucks , 5 or 6 , 10 dollars is cool . Last I looked she had 103 almost a hundred and 4 thousand dollars in the bag !!

naw , I see it in a traditional American way OldSchool !! And I hope that Dear readers on this site get over to the FUNDING site and add a few bucks , 5 or 6 , 10 dollars is cool . Last I looked she had 103 almost a hundred and 4 thousand dollars in the bag !!
Good for her! Hopefully she's discriminated illegally for the last time. :thup:

By all means USMB conservatives go and throw your money at her!

Forum List

Back