God and America

Branching out huh? Pulling your usual BS on whether or not this country and its laws are based on Christianity or not, huh?

Once again, you attempt to deny the obvious through double-talk, deflection and your favorite, relativism. Just another blatantly obvious no-brainer you refuse to accept.

I don't think there's even a therapy that can help how far you keep your head shoved up your ass.

Women should submit to their husbands according to Colossians 3:18, Titus 2:5, and 1 Peter 3:1. How could that be legislated? Let it be that if a woman disobeys a man in any way, she is to give him $50 for each incident of disobedience. On second though, this sound pretty good to me.

Let us have a dress code for it is written in 1 Timothy 2:9 that women are to wear decent clothing, with modesty and propriety. Wow. Madonna would be in jail for weeks. But wait…does that mean that bikinis would be banned? Never mind.

Branching out huh? Pulling your usual BS on whether or not this country and its laws are based on Christianity or not, huh?

Once again, you attempt to deny the obvious through double-talk, deflection and your favorite, relativism. Just another blatantly obvious no-brainer you refuse to accept.

I don't think there's even a therapy that can help how far you keep your head shoved up your ass.

Oh, go smoke a cancer stick.

Women should submit to their husbands according to Colossians 3:18, Titus 2:5, and 1 Peter 3:1. How could that be legislated? Let it be that if a woman disobeys a man in any way, she is to give him $50 for each incident of disobedience. On second though, this sound pretty good to me.

Let us have a dress code for it is written in 1 Timothy 2:9 that women are to wear decent clothing, with modesty and propriety. Wow. Madonna would be in jail for weeks. But wait…does that mean that bikinis would be banned? Never mind.

I see. So the fact that our laws reflect the morals/standards of our forefathers and/or their society; which, are derivatives of Judeo-Christian morality is negated because we have not legislated each and every law/rule in the Holy Bible.

That one's WAY out there, even for YOU.

Oh, go smoke a cancer stick.

:wtf:

I think that God is mentioned in the Declaration of Independence. There is the First Amendment to the Constitution. I think that our government is based, to a small degree, on religion. I’m glad that it is not entirely based on the Bible. It would be pretty cruel if every sentence of advice found in the Bible were codified into US law – wow – how repressive our nation would be.

oh as repressive as iran iraq afganistan to name three

god is also on the money in your wallet.....come on go secular you can do it

This law says we're a Noahide Nation. Is that accurate?

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c102:1:./temp/~c102sCMQfL::
102d CONGRESS

1st Session

H. J. RES. 104

JOINT RESOLUTION

To designate March 26, 1991, as `Education Day, U.S.A.'.

HJ 104 EH

102d CONGRESS

1st Session

H. J. RES. 104

JOINT RESOLUTION

To designate March 26, 1991, as `Education Day, U.S.A.'.

Whereas Congress recognizes the historical tradition of ethical values and principles which are the basis of civilized society and upon which our great Nation was founded;

Whereas these ethical values and principles have been the bedrock of society from the dawn of civilization, when they were known as the Seven Noahide Laws;

Whereas without these ethical values and principles the edifice of civilization stands in serious peril of returning to chaos;

Whereas society is profoundly concerned with the recent weakening of these principles that has resulted in crises that beleaguer and threaten the fabric of civilized society;

Whereas the justified preoccupation with these crises must not let the citizens of this Nation lose sight of their responsibility to transmit these historical ethical values from our distinguished past to the generations of the future;

Whereas the Lubavitch movement has fostered and promoted these ethical values and principles throughout the world;

Whereas Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, leader of the Lubavitch movement, is universally respected and revered and his eighty-ninth birthday falls on March 26, 1991;

Whereas in tribute to this great spiritual leader, `the rebbe,' this, his ninetieth year will be seen as one of `education and giving,' the year in which we turn to education and charity to return the world to the moral and ethical values contained in the Seven Noahide Laws; and

Whereas this will be reflected in an international scroll of honor signed by the President of the United States and other heads of state: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That March 26, 1991, the start of the ninetieth year of Rabbi Menachem Schneerson, leader of the worldwide Lubavitch movement, is designated as `Education Day, U.S.A.'. The President is requested to issue a proclamation calling upon the people of the United States to observe such day with appropriate ceremonies and activities.

Passed the House of Representatives March 5, 1991.

Attest:

Clerk.

I wonder where the ACLU and their "Separation of CHurch and state" goons were on this one?

I was with kind of you until the Madonna comment. Now I think it would be a good thing. :D

Pulling scripture out of context contaminates the intent of the author.

My statement is true about ANY Author.

basket.gif

P.S. Sleep is good

You don't care. You have an agenda. No answer I give would be 'right'.

Then you admit defeat in what you foresaw as a theological debate?Very wise dmp, though you do diminish in my estimation.Whatever happened to the courage of your convictions?

Then you admit defeat in what you foresaw as a theological debate?Very wise dmp, though you do diminish in my estimation.Whatever happened to the courage of your convictions?

Admit defeat? What the hell is your problem? lol. I am NOT going to list, author by author, every book in the bible - JUST so you can absolutely take my comment, which is an ABSOLUTE truth - and turn this into a debate for another thread. Your motives are transparent, and I'm not an 'enabler'.

Admit defeat? What the hell is your problem? lol. I am NOT going to list, author by author, every book in the bible - JUST so you can absolutely take my comment, which is an ABSOLUTE truth - and turn this into a debate for another thread. Your motives are transparent, and I'm not an 'enabler'.

OK, have it your way, but we both know the truth.:cheers2: You don't know who the authors are, do you?It's a bit like trying to find the instigator of chinese whispers.:dance: I win, you lose, again.:tdown2: I love these motes:stupid:

OK, have it your way, but we both know the truth.:cheers2: You don't know who the authors are, do you?It's a bit like trying to find the instigator of chinese whispers.:dance: I win, you lose, again.:tdown2: I love these motes:stupid:

You're an idiot.

[martyMcFly voice = on]NOBODY calls me CHICKEN!![/voice]

So which books do you believe in roomy? And who authored them? And what is each one's pedigree?

Too many people lately have the idea that if they throw out several daunting research/link requests, they will somehow intimidate others into silence. How's that working for you? The idea that you think you cowed D into submission is pretty funny, lad.

As we current and former Dead Heads say, Keep on truckin!

So which books do you believe in roomy? And who authored them? And what is each one's pedigree?

Too many people lately have the idea that if they throw out several daunting research/link requests, they will somehow intimidate others into silence. How's that working for you? The idea that you think you cowed D into submission is pretty funny, lad.

As we current and former Dead Heads say, Keep on truckin!

I had you pegged for a Dead Head:rock:

Forum List

Back