God Damn !! - Maus banned in Tennnessee for curse words like "God damn!!"

What does that have to do with banning an award winning book on the Holocaust in schools?
It demonstrates a strangely selective sense of outrage.

Unless a Tennessee school student
who feels damaged because he cannot read Maus in school I would say what Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,
You Tube etc. ban is much more consequential and relevant in the real world.

I guess freedom of thought and expression only matter to you when it applies to the book Maus.

Last edited:
It demonstrates a strangely selective sense of outrage.

Unless a Tennessee school student
who feels damaged because he cannot read Maus in school I would say what Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,
You Tube etc. ban is much more consequential and relevant in the real world.
No indignation about what these Social Media monpolistic giants do, however.
I guess freedom of thought and expression only matter to you when it applies to the book Maus.

View attachment 594271

'maus' was banned due to 'bad language'. it contains one curse word ... ' god damn' & the nudity is a naked mouse.

THE SHAME!!!! the HORROR!!!!
yeah some folks don’t want 12 year olds reading that
… why do you?

moreover why are comics even in any grade school class? when i was a kid you got in trouble for having comic books and now they are using them to teach 12 year olds?

I wouldn't be surprised, poster Donald, that part of the answer to your question is reflected in good poster Concerned American's response.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, poster odanny!

Scopes Monkey Trial ..v.1.0 = 1925.

• 97 years ago in time.
  • 24 miles away in space.
Things are closer than one would imagine, but change comes slowly....even when it is close by.
you are comparing a school board not allowing a comic book because of the curse words and imagines being removed from a middle school teaching, to the scope monkey trial?

wow

either you are an idiot or don’t have a. great grasp of reality

yeah some folks don’t want 12 year olds reading that
… why do you?

the same folks who don't mind their 12 yr olds playing video games that are far worse ...

moreover why are comics even in any grade school class?

it's a graphic novel. comic books depict stories that are imaginary.

maus is non fiction.

when i was a kid you got in trouble for having comic books and now they are using them to teach 12 year olds?

well - when i was in school ( 7th or 8th grade )- i was shown nazi reels of real humans being slaughtered & dumped in mass graves & the inside of aushwitz.

i MUCH rather have had it depicted... TRUTHFULLY ... in a 'graphic' novel.

the same folks who don't mind their 12 yr olds playing video games that are far worse ...

it's a graphic novel. comic books depict stories that are imaginary.

maus is non fiction.

well - when i was in school ( 7th or 8th grade )- i was shown nazi reels of real humans being slaughtered & dumped in mass graves & the inside of aushwitz.

i MUCH rather have had it depicted... TRUTHFULLY ... in a 'graphic' novel.
1) i don’t know, you seem to be speaking rather generally here…maybe not for every home in this school district

2) haha it’s fictional…they weren’t mice and cats…graphic novel is a nice way of saying comic

3) i don’t recall that, but i’d much rather see the truth in real imagines then a comic. Why can’t they show them that instead of a comic with sex and curse words?

Proof--Nothing coherent comes out.

I wasn't aware that the Nazis were cats and the Jews were mice. That is fiction, moron. Again, nothing coherent comes out.

a true to fact story is non fiction.

Nonfiction (also spelled non-fiction) is any document or media content that intends, in good faith, to present only truth and accuracy regarding information, events, or people. Nonfictional content may be presented either objectively or subjectively.

Forum List

Back