“Godzilla Minus One” best movie this year.

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Godzilla Minus One is the best movie I’ve seen this year, by far. It’s basically a drama within the setting of a Godzilla event. Half the theater was in tears.

Suck it up and go see it at a big screen with good sound. And yes it’s subtitled but that doesn’t mess up the movie at all.

IMG_0269.jpeg

It looks good enough to battle through the subtitles... I'll go see it...

Shot in Gaza City ?
Prophetic ?
Symbolic ?
Or did they reward the Child Killers and get them to drop a few extra bombs .

Looks like us Godzilla fans will be well sated this year!

Last edited:
I'm sorry - I don't get it.
I was excited this came on Netflix, me and the wife started watching it last night.
I am aware that Japanese acting is different than most acting in other countries - they tend to be melodramatic.
Well - they were. The acting was horrendous. Horrendous.
The first third of the movie dragged on, not always sure what the hell was going on.
And apparently Godzilla can change sizes on a whim. In the first scene, compare him to the size of the fighter plane in his mouth... then in the 2nd water scene - in comparison the battle ship is only slightly bigger than the fighter plane unless Godziilla increased his size nearly doubled.
The film makers stated they did this to "so they could make the scenes more dramatic".
Uh... no.
Anyway, we didn't even watch it all. I just don't get the praise.

I'm sorry - I don't get it.
I was excited this came on Netflix, me and the wife started watching it last night.
I am aware that Japanese acting is different than most acting in other countries - they tend to be melodramatic.
Well - they were. The acting was horrendous. Horrendous.
The first third of the movie dragged on, not always sure what the hell was going on.
And apparently Godzilla can change sizes on a whim. In the first scene, compare him to the size of the fighter plane in his mouth... then in the 2nd water scene - in comparison the battle ship is only slightly bigger than the fighter plane unless Godziilla increased his size nearly doubled.
The film makers stated they did this to "so they could make the scenes more dramatic".
Uh... no.
Anyway, we didn't even watch it all. I just don't get the praise.
You watched it at home dubbed in English. The accolades came from people who saw it in the theater and watched it subtitled. Probably a big difference.

You watched it at home dubbed in English. The accolades came from people who saw it in the theater and watched it subtitled. Probably a big difference.
No
I watched it subtitled.
I absolutely HATE dubbing. Would never watch a dubbed movie/show.

No
I watched it subtitled.
I absolutely HATE dubbing. Would never watch a dubbed movie/show.
I dont know.. Squid Games was ok dubbed. I think it depends on the type of show.

Sorry it didnt hit with you. I saw it 3 times in the theater and it sleighed the theater every time.

I dont know.. Squid Games was ok dubbed. I think it depends on the type of show.

Sorry it didnt hit with you. I saw it 3 times in the theater and it sleighed the theater every time.
This would probably be the first time in my movie watching history - that I am polar opposite of viewer ratings.
Viewer ratings - rate this movie as if it is the best film in years.... I cannot fathom why.
The acting is downright horrendous.
The weird size changes of Godzilla in the film makes it hard to take serious.
The regeneration speed is laughably dumb. In all past films I know of, he indeed could regenerate... but not completely and not rebuild his entire mouth in 3 seconds. Sorry, but that is stupid.

This would probably be the first time in my movie watching history - that I am polar opposite of viewer ratings.
Viewer ratings - rate this movie as if it is the best film in years.... I cannot fathom why.
The acting is downright horrendous.
The weird size changes of Godzilla in the film makes it hard to take serious.
The regeneration speed is laughably dumb. In all past films I know of, he indeed could regenerate... but not completely and not rebuild his entire mouth in 3 seconds. Sorry, but that is stupid.
Its an atomic powered building sized dinosaur-like monster who shoots a ray gun out of his mouth that his scales shift around to generate.... and the thing that made it unbelievable was instant healing capability? I thought Kochi finding Yorika on the streets of Ginza in the middle of the attack was a little convenient but it moved the plot along so she could save him and die/go missing. Godzilla fights in deep water like he is standing. Its not perfect. But the power of the movie was the story of Japan rebuilding and piecing life back together after a massive defeat with Godzilla representing the ever present fear of atomic annihilation.

Its an atomic powered building sized dinosaur-like monster who shoots a ray gun out of his mouth that his scales shift around to generate.... and the thing that made it unbelievable was instant healing capability? I thought Kochi finding Yorika on the streets of Ginza in the middle of the attack was a little convenient but it moved the plot along so she could save him and die/go missing. Godzilla fights in deep water like he is standing. Its not perfect. But the power of the movie was the story of Japan rebuilding and piecing life back together after a massive defeat with Godzilla representing the ever present fear of atomic annihilation.
Sounds great if you're like 10 years old.
Otherwise, just an all around silly movie. .... :cuckoo:

Sounds great if you're like 10 years old.
Otherwise, just an all around silly movie. .... :cuckoo:
If i see a more realistic movie about an atomic powered building sized dinosaur-like monster who shoots a ray gun out of his mouth that his scales shift around to generate without instant healing capability I will certainly let you know.

Forum List

Back