Godzilla Minus One is on Netflix!

I watched the original in a movie theater, watched several of the remakes.

I'm burnt out on Godzilla.

I thought it was pretty good. Better human story than usual from a Godzilla movie. The effects were good for the budget, but some people were saying they were as good as a big budget Hollywood flick, and I (mostly) don't agree with that.
I also watched the subtitled version.

It's certainly worth the watch if you enjoy that sort of monster movie, and plenty of people who don't particularly care for kaiju-style monster movies could also enjoy it for the story.

I thought it was pretty good. Better human story than usual from a Godzilla movie. The effects were good for the budget, but some people were saying they were as good as a big budget Hollywood flick, and I (mostly) don't agree with that.
I also watched the subtitled version.

It's certainly worth the watch if you enjoy that sort of monster movie, and plenty of people who don't particularly care for kaiju-style monster movies could also enjoy it for the story.
Godzilla Minus One won Best Visual Effects at the 96th Academy Awards. It was the first Godzilla film ever to be nominated for an Academy Award, as well as the first Japanese and Asian film to be nominated for, and win, as well as the first non-English language film to win, in the Best Visual Effects category.

-wiki

Seems they never get tired of Godzilla

~S~
Gives them a chance to run.

87160.gif

giphy.gif

It dropped on Netflix yesterday and I just finished it.....I was entertained!

It reminded me of the first Godzilla movie.....Lots of Japanese running. I loved the post war angle.

Its really good. Its a real movie wrapped in a monster film.

I saw that, it's on my list.

The whole "Monster Universe" was kinda a bust for me. Skull Island was okay...but the rest was pretty blah.

Excited to see this one. Maybe tonight.

You can see how far I got into the Drinker Recommends video before I decided I better not watch anymore and ruin the movie...

Screenshot_20240605-122512-321.png

It dropped on Netflix yesterday and I just finished it.....I was entertained!

It reminded me of the first Godzilla movie.....Lots of Japanese running. I loved the post war angle.

I watched it and enjoyed the at sea encounters. Beyond that, it was pretty typical of Japanese Godzilla movies and not having Godzilla be a guy in a rubber suit was an improvement.

Forum List

Back