Golf and the Plague (Western Pennsylvania)

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
We Geezer Golfers in Western Pennsylvania are more than keen to get out on the links, but our Guv'ner has held out, closing all golf courses and even practice ranges, without exception. In fact, if we were to follow the letter of the "law," we couldn't even go out to the customary grassy fields and "shag balls."

Some are trekking to Eastern Ohio, where the Sovereign has taken a more casual view of impending death.

The revolution in Pennsylvania is only held at bay by the crappy fucking weather we have experienced for the past month. Global Warming, why have you forsaken us?

If the weather takes a turn for the better and the Governor hasn't got his head out of his ass, I think we will see some sort of golf insurrection. This is bullshit. More than 20 states have established protocols to ensure a reasonably risk-free golf experience, and PA must follow.

While I recognize that this is TRIVIAL in the Big Picture, there is increasing danger of spousal abuse, on both sides.

Carry on.

We Geezer Golfers in Western Pennsylvania are more than keen to get out on the links, but our Guv'ner has held out, closing all golf courses and even practice ranges, without exception. In fact, if we were to follow the letter of the "law," we couldn't even go out to the customary grassy fields and "shag balls."

Some are trekking to Eastern Ohio, where the Sovereign has taken a more casual view of impending death.

The revolution in Pennsylvania is only held at bay by the crappy fucking weather we have experienced for the past month. Global Warming, why have you forsaken us?

If the weather takes a turn for the better and the Governor hasn't got his head out of his ass, I think we will see some sort of golf insurrection. This is bullshit. More than 20 states have established protocols to ensure a reasonably risk-free golf experience, and PA must follow.

While I recognize that this is TRIVIAL in the Big Picture, there is increasing danger of spousal abuse, on both sides.

Carry on.
Tell your governor he's an idiot! Golf courses in Florida have responded to this by using common sense not hysteria! One person to a golf cart. No rakes in the sand traps. Raised cups so nobody has to reach down into a cup to get a ball or take the pin out. Payment with credit cards only so no cash is being exchanged. Cart guys aren't touching your bags.
Bottom line? I feel safer on the golf course than I do at the grocery store! A lot safer!

Carry on.

The course I live on is still open.
But it's one man per cart.

Carry on.
Golf courses were deemed essential here at first, then it got out that several of the owners were on the county commission that decided what was essential and what wasn't.

I'm not claiming that golf is essential, only that it can be resumed safely and easily. Every sector of the economy that comes back brings us closer to the finish line.

Forum List

Back