Good man with a gun stops bad man with a gun

"I believe that if the doctor did not have a firearm, (and) the doctor did not utilize the firearm, he'd be dead today, and I believe that other people in that facility would also be dead," Delaware County District Attorney Jack Whelan said Friday.

Thank heavens the doctor was on duty, otherwise this would likely have resulted in another mass shooting.

I hope this sends a message to others thinking of committing a gun related crime. No matter where they attempt to commit the crime, chances are good that someone there may be carrying a concealed weapon. Any attempt to use the gun in the commission of a crime will be met with deadly force.

If the person committing that type of crime were criminals, that would impress them. But they are not. They are insane, proof of which is the fact that almost all of them when they succeed in killing many, then proceed to kill themselves.

I am glad that doctor was packing. I have no problem with that. But the remaining question is how did the crazy end up with a gun? It could not be because guns are so prevenant and easy to get in our society that any crazy that wants one can get one, could it? Perhaps we should be making an effort to make the weapons less prelevant, and to deny access to crazies.

Wrong. What you are proposing is impossible to do without diagraming the non-crazy. Instead if punishing the gun, what needs to be done is addressing the mental health problem in this country.

If the person committing that type of crime were criminals, that would impress them. But they are not. They are insane, proof of which is the fact that almost all of them when they succeed in killing many, then proceed to kill themselves.

I am glad that doctor was packing. I have no problem with that. But the remaining question is how did the crazy end up with a gun? It could not be because guns are so prevenant and easy to get in our society that any crazy that wants one can get one, could it? Perhaps we should be making an effort to make the weapons less prelevant, and to deny access to crazies.

Of course if he (crazy dude) had spent a few hundred dollars more, he would have been able to get an Uzi or AK-47 or something that packed more rounds.

Same access regardless of mental state; the only difference is how much $$$ they happened to have in their pocket.

Uzi's and AK-47's fire at exactly the same rate as the firearm he had...one shot per trigger pull.

So it wouldn't have made a lick of difference what weapon he had.

Well, would made a diff in how someone in reception woulda said, "Hey there's a guy with crazy eyes coming in with a big fucking gun!"

As I said before when some ass I cannot remember said doctors do not carry guns. I said yes they do because they have to deal with angry fat ass psycho patients. Good for him. With that said if the hospital has a no gun policy he should get fired,

The guy who instituted the no gun policy should be fired.

It didn't stop the psycho from killing innocent unarmed people, and if the doctor had not broken the policy, there would have been a lot more dead innocent unarmed victims.

Like I said, Glad he stopped him. I would have too. But at the end of the day I would expect to answer for my actions.

Forum List

Back