Google's voice generating AI is now indistinguishable from humans

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Humans have officially given their voice to machines.

A research paper published by Google this month—which has not been peer reviewed—details a text-to-speech system called Tacotron 2, which claims near-human accuracy at imitating audio of a person speaking from text.
Google’s voice-generating AI is now indistinguishable from humans
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well you've seen it all in the movies, but some how the average dumbass can not see how TV, Movies, Music are often used to acclimate the public to technology we already have, it's just in our world it hasn't come out yet.
As acclimated to tech. almost all of us have become use to not much shocks us any more even if they said well Today we have figured out how to beam us from earth to planet mars ( beam me up Scotty).

The average non thinking brain doesn't have a clue what kind of technology we have out there all they know is what they see on tv on the latest sitcom even then they don't realize it's often real.

the damage this could do when it hits the wrong hands and it will hit the wrong hands and will end up being used against the population. Oh but your little ole Gov. wouldn't ever do such a thing would they lmfao.

Can you give examples of how TV, movies, and music acclimate the public to technology?

What damage do you expect to be done by this technology?

A research paper published by Google this month—which has not been peer reviewed—details a text-to-speech system called Tacotron 2, which claims near-human accuracy at imitating audio of a person speaking from text.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well you've seen it all in the movies, but some how the average dumbass can not see how TV, Movies, Music are often used to acclimate the public to technology we already have, it's just in our world it hasn't come out yet.
As acclimated to tech. almost all of us have become use to not much shocks us any more even if they said well Today we have figured out how to beam us from earth to planet mars ( beam me up Scotty).

The average non thinking brain doesn't have a clue what kind of technology we have out there all they know is what they see on tv on the latest sitcom even then they don't realize it's often real.

the damage this could do when it hits the wrong hands and it will hit the wrong hands and will end up being used against the population. Oh but your little ole Gov. wouldn't ever do such a thing would they lmfao.
It will be a sorry day for the people when automated police roam the roads. Hopefully enough people will wake up before that happens here.

It will be a sorry day for the people when automated police roam the roads. Hopefully enough people will wake up before that happens here.

What does "automated police" have to do with this Google text to voice system?

Can you give examples of how TV, movies, and music acclimate the public to technology?

I will try but it is complicated to undrstand if one doesn't do a lot of research on how it's possible.

Ok i'm not sure how old you are but lets pretend you are in your 50's.

Lets take IVF science came out with it, then we see it in the tv shows, the movies after awhile we became use to the term and what it was before any of that happened , IVF was slowly introduced in other forms slowly eeeking it out to the public in some form or another as mentioned tv, books, movies. Once the public accepted it it became as normal as the iphone today.

There are a lot more in depth situations from which I was meaning but way to complicated to wrap it all up on one post.
But this is some what along the lines of " acclimating the public" ...

The matrix another good one.................
Star Trek
star wars
Enemy from within

I will try but it is complicated to undrstand if one doesn't do a lot of research on how it's possible.

Ok i'm not sure how old you are but lets pretend you are in your 50's.

Lets take IVF science came out with it, then we see it in the tv shows, the movies after awhile we became use to the term and what it was before any of that happened , IVF was slowly introduced in other forms slowly eeeking it out to the public in some form or another as mentioned tv, books, movies. Once the public accepted it it became as normal as the iphone today.

There are a lot more in depth situations from which I was meaning but way to complicated to wrap it all up on one post.
But this is some what along the lines of " acclimating the public" ...

The matrix another good one.................
Star Trek
star wars
Enemy from within

I don't know Enemy From Within, but the technologies from The Matrix, Star Trek, and Star Wars do not exist. How have they acclimated the public to technology, what technologies do you mean? I can only think The Matrix would be VR, while Star Trek and Star Wars I have no idea. Space travel was in the public mind long before those two existed. :dunno:

Any technology may be inspired by works of fiction. Fiction is a place where people can imagine things that do not exist, and they, or others, may work to make those imaginings real. It doesn't require public acceptance of the idea; I would think that at least in some cases, until someone is able to actually create the technology, the public might consider it nothing but fantasy.

I'm still curious what damage you foresee from the text-to-voice technology.

Forum List

Back