GOP House Majority Whip Steve Scalise Spoke At White Supremacist Conference

Except for the people who were there and touting his speech.

"Scalise was reportedly armed with a microphone at the Landmark Best Western in Metairie and talking about tax policy to an international convention… of white supremacists and neo-Nazis. According to a commenter who used the name “Alsace Hebert,”

Steve Scalise was a highlight of the convention. Quoting (from Stormfront):

• "EURO’s recent national convention held in the greater New Orleans area was a convergence of ideas represented by Americans from diverse geographical regions like California, Texas, New Jersey and the Carolina’s. This indicates that concerns held are pervasive in every sovereign state and Republic alike, within an increasingly diminishing view of where America stands on individual liberty for whites.
  • In addition to plans to implement tactical strategies that were discussed, the meeting was productive locally as State Representative, Steve Scalise, discussed ways to oversee gross mismanagement of tax revenue or “slush funds” that have little or no accountability.
  • Representative Scalise brought into sharp focus the dire circumstances pervasive in many important, under-funded needs of the community at the expense of graft within the Housing and Urban Development Fund, an apparent give-away to a selective group based on race.
Mr. Hebert was so impressed by Representative Scalise’s apparent characterization of the Housing and Urban Development Fund as nothing more than a scam designed to give-away public monies to “a selective group based on race,” that, two years later, with David Duke behind bars, Hebert took to the pages of Stormfront to float another candidate’s name for Congress. Quoting (bold mine):

• It was just announced that Rep. Steve Scalise, R-Jefferson will enter the race in the 1st Congressional District. Those that attended the EURO conference in New Orleans will recall that Scalise was a speaker, offering his support for issues that are of concern to us.
  • I suppose if Duke does not make the election for whatever reason, this gentleman would be a good alternative.

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise Was Reportedly an Honored Guest at 2002 International White Supremacist Convention
So, you are saying that Scalese is too stupid to know where he spoke, or just plain old incompetent.

You had better pray to G-d that a video doesn't surface. ...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
Another shoe is going to drop. Scalise knows there is likely more incriminating evidence, that's why he acknowledged speaking to them.
Yepp. That is exactly my point. The disgusting fascist tendencies of many conservatives just cannot be ignored any longer.

Says the guy who supports Obamacare and gun control.
Fuck you, statistheilhitler.
You seem angry. Sorry, but your homosexual advances do not interest me. You must be a very sad and frustrated person. Maybe a course in underwater basket-weaving for you, perhaps? I am still hopeful that you will one day be able to sit at the big adults table.

But today is not that day.

You seem mired in fantasy, like Jewish men find you remotely attractive. Or you actually have some knowledge and insight worth sharing.
It is sad to feel so lonely and worthless you must get approval via fake identities. Seek psychiatric help.
I don't care if men are attracted to me, so your point is moot. Besides, you are no Jew. No person can be as vile and disgusting as your are and be a Jew, you stinky little ben zona.

Another shoe

Another shoe
DROP.
Your desperation is noted.
This is already old news. The spin cycle is done on this one. Congress will convene this week and that will be all the news.

If we're lucky there'll be enough votes to keep that lame ass John Boehner out of the speakers chair. Get somebody else in there..
Not happening.
Should it happen? or do you like the sellout?

B6MGe9yIAAABA-u.jpg:large

r-SCALISE-huge.jpg

Twelve years before he was elected by his colleagues as House majority whip, Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) spoke at a conference hosted by the white supremacist group European-American Unity and Rights Organization.

Louisiana political blogger Lamar White Jr. dug up a number of posts on Stormfront, one of the original white supremacist websites, that place Scalise at the 2002 EURO gathering. According to one user who attended the conference, Scalise -- then a state representative -- spoke to the organization at a workshop "to teach the most effective and up-to-date methods of civil rights and heritage related activism."

Two years after speaking at the conference, Scalise was one of just six state representatives who voted to oppose making Martin Luther King Jr. Day a state holiday in Louisiana. That was at least the second time Scalise had voted against an MLK holiday. He was one of three lawmakers to vote against it in 1999, too.

Founded in 2000 by former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke (who served as a Louisiana state representative from 1989 to 1992), EURO seeks to fight for "white civil rights." The group is recognized as a white nationalist hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

More: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise Spoke At White Supremacist Conference In 2002

Well, shucks, this won't look good on his resume - except in red states.
Why do you need a conference about that? What's to discuss?

What exactly is EURO, anyway? Well...

The European-American Unity and Rights Organization (EURO) is a white nationalist organization in the United States. Led by former Grand Wizard of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, David Duke, it was founded in 2000.

Initially, it was to be called the National Organization for European-American Rights (or NO FEAR), until the use of the name was legally challenged by No Fear Inc. The group was one of the original signatories of the 2004 New Orleans Protocol, a mostly US-based alliance of white nationalist and white supremacist groups.

As of 2015 it is designated a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.[1]

More: European-American Unity and Rights Organization - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

It only matters if there is some cost. Republicans keep winning congress. So there is no cost.

Ex-KKK leader David Duke Lay off Steve Scalise or I 8217 ll start naming other pols I met with

Former KKK leader says his political adviser was 8216 friendly 8217 with Rep. Scalise - The Washington Post

Scalise In 1999 I Agree With KKK Leader On Conservative Issues But He Can t Get Elected

Following new revelations that House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) addressed a white nationalist group founded by a former KKK leader, Roll Call resurfaced a 1999 interview in which Scalise, then a state legislator considering a congressional bid, offered his thoughts on the man who is now causing so much trouble for his career.

Scalise has acknowledged that he spoke in front of the European-American Rights and Unity Organization in 2002, though he has said this week that he "didn't know who all of these groups were and I detest any kind of hate group."

EURO was founded by David Duke, who is described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as "the most recognizable figure of the American radical right, a neo-Nazi, longtime Klan leader and now international spokesman for Holocaust denial."

-----------------------------------------------------
Come on. Who in Louisiana doesn't know who David Dukes is?

I just like Republicans showing America who they are. I have no problem with this. Good to see them being honest.

That's why there are known as the white christian party
you and dean get along well...both like to use the word white as often as possible....

They sound a lot alike, don't they? :badgrin:
yea but they divide the shit up.....dean takes in the white republicans.....little guno takes in the white religious ones...
Dave Brat’s primary win over House Majority Leader Eric Cantor didn't just knock out a potential successor to Speaker John Boehner. Because Cantor was Jewish, the lone voice for religious diversity in the GOP’s congressional ranks will also disappear. Now there are no non-Christian Republicans.There are 278 Republicans in Congress. They are now all Christian and all white except for one black senator who was appointed. So this is an entirely Christian, white party.

White Christians made the USA the world's number 1 super power and economy in record time. You have anything to match that?

"“If Scalise is going to be crucified — if Republicans want to throw Steve Scalise to the woods, then a lot of them better be looking over their shoulders.”"

David Duke Focus on me and House GOP leader is insane -- Fusion

Just the kind of people you want defending you from racist charges, David Duke, and his 40 year long KKK friend and Duke campaign manager - who headed EURO and asked Scalise to attend the meeting.

Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.), the House majority whip, acknowledged Monday that he spoke at a gathering hosted by white-supremacist leaders while serving as a state representative in 2002, thrusting a racial controversy into House Republican ranks days before the party assumes control of both congressional chambers.

House Majority Whip Scalise confirms he spoke to white supremacists in 2002 - The Washington Post

No. 3 Republican Admits Talking to White Supremacist Conference - The Daily Beast

It's hilarious to watch the NaziCon spin cycle in action.
Little of what they say is fact based.

Another shoe is going to drop. Scalise knows there is likely more incriminating evidence, that's why he acknowledged speaking to them.
Yepp. That is exactly my point. The disgusting fascist tendencies of many conservatives just cannot be ignored any longer.

Says the guy who supports Obamacare and gun control.
Fuck you, statistheilhitler.
You seem angry. Sorry, but your homosexual advances do not interest me. You must be a very sad and frustrated person. Maybe a course in underwater basket-weaving for you, perhaps? I am still hopeful that you will one day be able to sit at the big adults table.

But today is not that day.

You seem mired in fantasy, like Jewish men find you remotely attractive. Or you actually have some knowledge and insight worth sharing.
It is sad to feel so lonely and worthless you must get approval via fake identities. Seek psychiatric help.
I don't care if men are attracted to me, so your point is moot. Besides, you are no Jew. No person can be as vile and disgusting as your are and be a Jew, you stinky little ben zona.

Well, except Guno

Forum List

Back