🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GOP instantly regret 9/11 lawsuit veto override . Blame Obama .

How are the Democrats who helped override President Obama's veto feeling? It seems like a lot of people are under the impression this was not a bi-partisan effort.

I should have been a lawyer. I'd be suing the U.S. for every single "collateral damage" death, staring with WWII.

Not likely to "retribution against our troops", if our troops are only stationed in places where they have been INVITED or with which we are at war. It's simple actually..

We have troops in Iraq RIGHT NOW -- without the "status of forces" agreement that Clinton/Obama used as excuse for complete and swift withdrawal. NOW THAT --- is legal exposure. Because it's EXACTLY the those kind of agreements that spell out legal recourse for the home country.

If it's not a hot war, just get status of forces agreements, or don't go. . What's the BFD?

Not likely to "retribution against our troops", if our troops are only stationed in places where they have been INVITED or with which we are at war. It's simple actually..

We have troops in Iraq RIGHT NOW -- without the "status of forces" agreement that Clinton/Obama used as excuse for complete and swift withdrawal. NOW THAT --- is legal exposure. Because it's EXACTLY the those kind of agreements that spell out legal recourse for the home country.

If it's not a hot war, just get status of forces agreements, or don't go. . What's the BFD?
If you never knew the political prisoners at Gitmo before you will now. Get out your checkbooks, 9-11 addicts.

If you never knew the political prisoners at Gitmo before you will now. Get out your checkbooks, 9-11 addicts.

Take 'em back to court for their trial they never got if they sue us. Probably should have happened a decade ago anyways.

Good gawd? ANOTHER thread on this? And you morons STILL haven't blamed Congress, just the GOP?
BI PARTISAN BILL hack bois
I guess you haven't heard. Republicans control both houses. They decide what comes to the floor.

Take 'em back to court for their trial they never got if they sue us. Probably should have happened a decade ago anyways.
You have no charges, they do.

Good gawd? ANOTHER thread on this? And you morons STILL haven't blamed Congress, just the GOP?

Another ? Where's the other one ?

And it's the GOP leaders running this parade.

"Curse you Obama ! How dare u not stop out stupidity !"

"How dare u not stop out stupidity !"
LOL...I love irony.

Actually , that worked out perfectly ! Lol!

Yeah.....for anyone not named Timmy.

the congress clown car keeps on trucking . Right away they have problems with the law and how it may be harmful to our troops etc.. located abroad.

GOP lawmakers concerned with 9/11 law to sue Saudi Arabia

"I told the President the other day that this is an example of an issue that we should have talked about much earlier," McConnell said. "It appears as if there may be some unintended ramifications."
I agreed with Obama on this one.

We never should have opened that Pandora's Box!

Simple answer present them with a 2 Trillion dollars bill for freeing them, and let all dead soldiers family sue Iraq...take their fucking Oil for 50 years....Sounds about right, althought I may be a bit lenient!
The problem with that is the USA has far extended itself more than any other country into affairs around the world.

We are the long tailed cat in the room full of rocking chairs, not Iraq.

If plain ole us on the US message board understand why that's a disaster, then why can't professional GOP leaders?

Another ? Where's the other one ?

And it's the GOP leaders running this parade.

"Curse you Obama ! How dare u not stop out stupidity !"
I guess you haven't heard. Republicans control both houses. They decide what comes to the floor.

Both of you abject partisan hacks.

Congress overrides Obama’s veto of 9/11 bill
"The Senate vote was 97 to 1 and the House tally was 348 to 77."

That is what you call bi-partisan you idiots. Overwhelmingly understates it. 97 to 1 in the senate. ONE dissenter.

Both of you abject partisan hacks.

Congress overrides Obama’s veto of 9/11 bill
"The Senate vote was 97 to 1 and the House tally was 348 to 77."

That is what you call bi-partisan you idiots. Overwhelmingly understates it. 97 to 1 in the senate. ONE dissenter.
So there was bi-partisan unity for this stupid bill.

Who is claiming these whores are smart?
No one really. Then again, I somewhat support it. I hope it opens the doors to getting us th4e fuck out of blowing shit up and policing the planet. Turn that garbage over to the locals.

No one really. Then again, I somewhat support it. I hope it opens the doors to getting us th4e fuck out of blowing shit up and policing the planet. Turn that garbage over to the locals.
Dude, some lawyers will get rich off this law, and some families will get partial settlements, that is true.

But the bedlam of lawsuits that are about to be filed against our citizens is going to verwhelm our state department.

As a NATION we will lose on this, for certain.

This thing was a huge mistake, but reparable if taken as a lesson learned and ended soon.

the congress clown car keeps on trucking . Right away they have problems with the law and how it may be harmful to our troops etc.. located abroad.

"I told the President the other day that this is an example of an issue that we should have talked about much earlier," McConnell said. "It appears as if there may be some unintended ramifications."

I mean, how many people does it take to change a light bulb?

Time to vote for anyone but Dems or Reps in November?

Dude, some lawyers will get rich off this law, and some families will get partial settlements, that is true.

But the bedlam of lawsuits that are about to be filed against our citizens is going to verwhelm our state department.

As a NATION we will lose on this, for certain.

This thing was a huge mistake, but reparable if taken as a lesson learned and ended soon.
As I said - let them come. It is not the payouts that I care about - those are rather irrelevant. Not parading around the world blowing shit up is what I care about. I doubt that this law is really going to have all the much of an effect but we will see.

I mean, how many people does it take to change a light bulb?

Time to vote for anyone but Dems or Reps in November?

It is not necessarily party identification that we need to vote on, but whether these people are part of the professional political class who have done nothing other than to run for office or serve as lawyers.

A vote for Bernie Sanders, Rand Paul, Trump or Jim Webb would have also been effective.

Forum List

Back