GOP introduces bill to make prosecution for lying to Congress "equitable"

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
the American Gestapo will fight this tooth and nail

why? because it is AN EXCELLENT idea

equal justice under the law, will we ever get it back?

Clinton, Comey, Holder targeted by GOP bill for lying to Congress

quote:
Rep. Matt Gaetz this week introduced a resolution that calls out Hillary Clinton, James Comey, Eric Holder, and other opponents of President Trump for avoiding any punishment even though they lied to Congress. Gaetz, R-Fla., noted that Roger Stone, a former Trump campaign operative, was arrested on five counts of lying to Congress, but said most avoid any punishment for the same offense. His "Justice for All" resolution calls out other lies that have gone unpunished, and says the U.S. must treat everyone equally when this happens. "Unfortunately, it often seems that we have a two-tiered justice system at work; certain people have the book thrown at them, while others face no consequences at all for their behavior," he said. "This is unfair and wrong, and I hope to correct this with my resolution."

quote:
His resolution said it's the sense of Congress that lying to Congress must be "prosecuted equitably," and noted several cases in which Trump's opponents have gotten away with it. For example, Clinton told Congress there was "nothing marked classified on my emails, either sent or received." But the resolution said that statement was later proven false by the FBI and the Office of Inspector General. It called out former FBI Director James Comey for saying he never authorized anyone to leak information to the media, despite a report from the Office of Inspector General "indicating his response was likely untrue."

quote:
Former Attorney General Eric Holder was noted for providing false testimony about the "Fast and Furious" gun running operation, among other cases.

Depending on 'who one is' lying to Congress is OK.

This ass hole lied to Congress & he paid no price for it.

quote:
Rep. Matt Gaetz this week introduced a resolution that calls out Hillary Clinton, James Comey, Eric Holder, and other opponents of President Trump for avoiding any punishment even though they lied to Congress. Gaetz, R-Fla., noted that Roger Stone, a former Trump campaign operative, was arrested on five counts of lying to Congress, but said most avoid any punishment for the same offense. His "Justice for All" resolution calls out other lies that have gone unpunished, and says the U.S. must treat everyone equally when this happens. "Unfortunately, it often seems that we have a two-tiered justice system at work; certain people have the book thrown at them, while others face no consequences at all for their behavior," he said. "This is unfair and wrong, and I hope to correct this with my resolution."

quote:
His resolution said it's the sense of Congress that lying to Congress must be "prosecuted equitably," and noted several cases in which Trump's opponents have gotten away with it. For example, Clinton told Congress there was "nothing marked classified on my emails, either sent or received." But the resolution said that statement was later proven false by the FBI and the Office of Inspector General. It called out former FBI Director James Comey for saying he never authorized anyone to leak information to the media, despite a report from the Office of Inspector General "indicating his response was likely untrue."

quote:
Former Attorney General Eric Holder was noted for providing false testimony about the "Fast and Furious" gun running operation, among other cases.

Its a good idea and just common sense.

quote:

quote:

quote:
Who are you kidding. The conservative republicans want lying to Congress (if it's Democrat controlled) to be status quo.

The time for equal justice under the law passed long ago. The time of holding one accountable for outright defamation of character is no longer valid.

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is in the House of Reps. Good luck with it going anywhere.

There is a huge difference between a bill and a resolution. They aren't the same things. This is a resolution. Not a bill as your title states which is nothing but a lie.

Did you know that a resolution is meaningless? It's not law. It's a statement.

Obviously you didn't know these things. Or you wouldn't have posted them and made a total fool of yourself to all of us who are intelligent and knows the meaning of words in the English language and how our government works.

You show how down right stupid you are and how so very little you know about how our government works and the meaning of words in the English language.

Why do you want to waste congressional time on something that's meaningless? Especially since Hillary has not been proven to have lied to congress. I don't know about the republicans you listed but I do know that Hillary has not lied to congress. If she had, she would have been prosecuted for it a long time ago.

Give it all a rest. stone is guilty and you all know it. Which is why you're trying to say others did the same thing but didn't get in trouble for it.

If the congress does allow this waste of time to come to the floor for a vote, it won't pass nor would it do or mean anything if it did pass.

stone and a long list of other conservatives are guilty of crimes.

Deal with it.

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is in the House of Reps. Good luck with it going anywhere.

There is a huge difference between a bill and a resolution. They aren't the same things. This is a resolution. Not a bill as your title states which is nothing but a lie.

Did you know that a resolution is meaningless? It's not law. It's a statement.

Obviously you didn't know these things. Or you wouldn't have posted them and made a total fool of yourself to all of us who are intelligent and knows the meaning of words in the English language and how our government works.

You show how down right stupid you are and how so very little you know about how our government works and the meaning of words in the English language.

Why do you want to waste congressional time on something that's meaningless? Especially since Hillary has not been proven to have lied to congress. I don't know about the republicans you listed but I do know that Hillary has not lied to congress. If she had, she would have been prosecuted for it a long time ago.

Give it all a rest. stone is guilty and you all know it. Which is why you're trying to say others did the same thing but didn't get in trouble for it.

If the congress does allow this waste of time to come to the floor for a vote, it won't pass nor would it do or mean anything if it did pass.

stone and a long list of other conservatives are guilty of crimes.

Deal with it.
the crimes they are guilty of they are far from alone in committing. if we're going to set the bar that what they did is prosecutable and warrants raiding their home at 6am with CNN in tow, then it *WILL* come back to them.

I agree. Reagan was not that great.

But, let's not dig him up from his grave and hang him. We're dealing with the living.

hell, the left gets torqued when you bring up obama cause HEY - HE'S GONE FOCUS but bringing up reagan?

no problem.

Mandatory Prosecutions for Perjury, even if it is a Congressmen, head of The FBI, DOJ, James Comey, Eric Holder, Republican or Democrat. All of THEM!

but I do know that Hillary has not lied to congress. If she had, she would have been prosecuted for it a long time ago.
And you question my intelligence

How cute

Yes I do. You obviously aren't very intelligent if you think that a resolution is a bill and it would ever be a law. You're not very intelligent if you think that lie in the title of your thread won't be pointed out.

As much as the republicans have been trying to pin a crime, any crime on Hillary if you think that if Hillary had lied to congress the republicans wouldn't have referred it to the DOJ for prosecution then you're even more unintelligent than I first thought.

I do know one person who did get away with lying to congress. Former AG jeff sessions. When his lies were exposed he was invited back to congress to "correct" his testimony. He didn't face prosecution. I don't see you or any other republican having a problem with that.

So if Hillary had lied to congress it would have been all over the news and the republicans would have sent it to the DOJ for prosecution.

Yes, you're even less intelligent than I first thought. And even more dishonest than I thought too.

stone is a liar. He's going to go to prison for his crimes.

Deal with it.

I agree. Reagan was not that great.

But, let's not dig him up from his grave and hang him. We're dealing with the living.

hell, the left gets torqued when you bring up obama cause HEY - HE'S GONE FOCUS but bringing up reagan?

no problem.

The Ronny RayGun adminstration sold weapons for hostages, all while the US had an arms embargo against IRAN.

but hey, you obviously were ALL FOR offering US military weaponry to Iran during the embargo

Fvckhead = YOU

Yes I do. You obviously aren't very intelligen
You sure are funny, and you resort to calling names, a sure sign that you are incapable of making an argument of substance

Based in your inability to put forth a coherent point, I'm not surprised that you resort to arguing semantics (resolutions vs bills :lol: ) and making personal attacks

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

This bill will go nowhere. The House will never pass it, and as always, it is based on Republicans llies and bullshit. Democrats have NOT been going in front of the House and telling coordinated lies meant to deceive Congress as to their actions and their intent.

Lois Lerner, is a Republican, and she did NOT try to bar conservative groups from getting tax free status, she was checking on political groups who don't qualify for tax free status. There were just a whole lot more conservative groups applying at that time (tea party organizations). Andrew McCabe is also a Republican. McCabe's wife is the Democrat.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

This bill will go nowhere. The House will never pass it, and as always, it is based on Republicans llies and bullshit. Democrats have NOT been going in front of the House and telling coordinated lies meant to deceive Congress as to their actions and their intent.

Lois Lerner, is a Republican, and she did NOT try to bar conservative groups from getting tax free status, she was checking on political groups who don't qualify for tax free status. There were just a whole lot more conservative groups applying at that time (tea party organizations). Andrew McCabe is also a Republican. McCabe's wife is the Democrat.

Bullshit...
Katie Pavlich - Lois Lerner: Republicans Are Evil and Dishonest

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It is not based on bullshit, there is a 2 tiered system of justice & that should offend everyone that lives this country

But no, it wont go anywhere, it's pure posturing, so I agree with you on that

Forum List

Back