GOP Rep: Jesus Couldn't Even Control House Republicans

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
GOP Rep: Jesus Couldn't Even Control House Republicans

This is the problem when to diametrically opposed ideologies crash into each other and phony politicians try to reconcile both of them any single policy….

As he heads into the latest round of debt limit negotiations, Boehner once again finds himself in the unenviable position of trying to avoid both a falling out with his members and a potentially toxic fight with the White House.

His latest pitch to Republicans, per the Washington Post's Robert Costa, is to tie a restoration of military benefits to a one-year debt limit extension.

Boehner, who's drawn plenty of blowback from his caucus in past debt limit fights, didn't sign off on the idea. Instead, he asked his allies to sell the idea to House Republicans.

Costa has quite the quote from one such Boehner associate:

“Right now, Jesus himself couldn’t be the speaker and get 218 Republicans behind something, so I think Speaker Boehner is trying his best to come up with a plan that can get close to that,” said Rep. Patrick J. Tiberi (R-Ohio), a longtime Boehner ally. “Whatever we move, there will be critics everywhere, but at the end of the day we still have to govern.”

Pope Bashing vs. Pro-Life

Cutting Food Stamps vs. Family Values

AynRandVersusJesus.jpg

So sick of this line of shit from the scum of the fucking Earth; who totally reject Jesus and his teachings in the first place.

Jesus was (and still is I hope) concerned with our immortal souls. He was not, and still is not, the least bit concerned with how you live. Whether it's in a refrigerator box or in a Mansion.... He's not interested in whether you eat steak or oatmeal.

WE; Conservatives, Patriots and the rest of the commie-hating World, are concerned with our time on Earth. What happens after you die concerns Jesus, not me.

Capitalism has brought more people, BILLIONS in fact, out of poverty and disease than any system ever devised by the mind of man.

And for a scumbag commie like you and your pals to use Jesus' name to advance your sick "Cause" is beyond disgraceful.

But.... You're dimocraps. Already the scum of the Earth. Not possible for you to sink any lower.

And BTW... You better hope Jesus is in a forgiving mood when you finally do meet Him.

douchebag

He was not, and still is not, the least bit concerned with how you live. Whether it's in a refrigerator box or in a Mansion....

Hmm somehow I don't think that was in the bible :eusa_think:

In person, 'cryptic' can come across as learned or clever.

On a message board, it's just lame.

The tonal qualities of yer voice don't come through on a message board.

Think about it. Or not :dunno:

So sick of this line of shit from the scum of the fucking Earth; who totally reject Jesus and his teachings in the first place.

Jesus was (and still is I hope) concerned with our immortal souls. He was not, and still is not, the least bit concerned with how you live. Whether it's in a refrigerator box or in a Mansion.... He's not interested in whether you eat steak or oatmeal.

WE; Conservatives, Patriots and the rest of the commie-hating World, are concerned with our time on Earth. What happens after you die concerns Jesus, not me.

Capitalism has brought more people, BILLIONS in fact, out of poverty and disease than any system ever devised by the mind of man.

And for a scumbag commie like you and your pals to use Jesus' name to advance your sick "Cause" is beyond disgraceful.

But.... You're dimocraps. Already the scum of the Earth. Not possible for you to sink any lower.

And BTW... You better hope Jesus is in a forgiving mood when you finally do meet Him.

douchebag

I bet you are sick of people pointing out how amoral the present GOP has become. Might makes right, and greed is the only valid value. That is the present creed of people like you.

douchebag

I bet you are sick of people pointing out how amoral the present GOP has become. Might makes right, and greed is the only valid value. That is the present creed of people like you.

You know us so well, don't you?

scumbag

Jesus doesn't try to control us. He teaches us. He invites us to follow. He will encourage us to do what is right. But what He asks for us a willing heart and mind. He doesn't compell us into anything.

Jesus doesn't try to control us. He teaches us. He invites us to follow. He will encourage us to do what is right. But what He asks for us a willing heart and mind. He doesn't compell us into anything.

exactly.

what i find odd about these recent threads about the republicans are not working together, is that just a year ago the very same libs whining about this were whining that the pubs were all in lockstep.

douchebag

"You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." Anne Lamott

exactly.

what i find odd about these recent threads about the republicans are not working together, is that just a year ago the very same libs whining about this were whining that the pubs were all in lockstep.

We are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

So we may as well just do what we think is right and screw what others think of it.

Forum List

Back