Kansas GOP Rep Says He Won't Run For Reelection.

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2022
My Happyi Place
ep. Jake LaTurner (R-Kan.) announced Thursday he will not run for reelection in November, adding himself to a growing list of members leaving Congress at the end of the term.

LaTurner, 36, said he is leaving the House to better focus on his family and young children. He said he will remain in office until the end of his term in January.

The people of Kansas who elected me to serve in the United States House of Representatives have given me the professional honor of my life, but it is time to pursue other opportunities and have the benefit of spending more time with my family,” he wrote in a statement.

"Undoubtedly the current dysfunction on Capitol Hill is distressing," LaTurner wrote. "But it almost always has been; we just didn't see most of it."

Was the guy blind or just dumb?

The man has his priorities straight. Our loss as I guess he's not the type that seeks millions through a well-hidden unrelated item favorable to a corporation within a lengthy defense bill.

The man has his priorities straight. Our loss as I guess he's not the type that seeks millions through a well-hidden unrelated item favorable to a corporation within a lengthy defense bill.
He's into strategic defence so maybe he got a offer from a think tank.....He's in his prime earning years so I can't blame him.....You got to do for you and yours first and maybe insider trading was not his thing..

Meh, it's a pretty solid red district, he beat his dem challenger by 16 points.
I don't know. Looks like they really like him, in Kansas. He was elected to state Senate in 2012. Came out of that to be the state treasurer, then easily beat out the sitting corrupt Republican in the primary for the House Seat then beat out the one term mayor of Topeka, that had little other political experience. I get the impression, he is tired of the bullsh#t.

I don't know. Looks like they really like him, in Kansas. He was elected to state Senate in 2012. Came out of that to be the state treasurer, then easily beat out the sitting corrupt Republican in the primary for the House Seat then beat out the one term mayor of Topeka, that had little other political experience. I get the impression, he is tired of the bullsh#t.
Well let's face it 174K a year is not that much in FJB bucks. ;)

Forum List

Back