GOP Rep. Mo Brooks Rejects Gun Age Restrictions—Because He Took His Shotgun to School

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) roundly dismissed the need for any modest and incremental gun-safety measures, insisting that the implementation of new gun laws would lead to a “dictatorial government at the federal level.”

Additionally, he rejected adding age restrictions on gun sales, boasting about the number of times he went to high school with a “shotgun” in his car.

Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) roundly dismissed the need for any modest and incremental gun-safety measures, insisting that the implementation of new gun laws would lead to a “dictatorial government at the federal level.”

Additionally, he rejected adding age restrictions on gun sales, boasting about the number of times he went to high school with a “shotgun” in his car.

From someone who lives in a part of the country where a kid who wants to include shooting in his/her life gets their first gun at age 12.............................................

Meh.

I don't see why someone who is 10 or 11 years old shouldn't be allowed to take their gun or guns to school....if we already have lockers for kids to safely store their books in or places in the classroom to keep their belongings, why not allow them to store their guns there too....

Makes sense. Guns didn't seem to be a problem then. Something has changed. Finding THAT, and addressing THAT, seems to be the obvious answer.

I have an idea.

1655383241774.png

1655383468893.png

1655383503823.png

Brooks is a smart guy.

I took a 10-22 for show and tell in LOS ANGELES in Jr. High - no school shootings in those days.

Now the Nazis have made schools "gun free zones" and we have school shootings all the time.

You haven't made things better, quite the opposite.

You may be shocked but high school students back in the 50s and 60s often had a gun rack in their truck. Most were hunters and having the guns on display wasn't even notable. People paid no attention. He's a representative of people from Alabama, not Mass. or Cali. As for the "modest and incremental gun-safety measures," none of them would have stopped the recent shootings. Every time some insane person or criminal scum decides to go on a shooting spree, the average citizen is the one who gets punished and enough is enough.
When the next horror occurs in a school and the screamers are jumping up and down demanding innocent people give up their rights, just remember that this same group that claims to care so much, refuses to do anything to strengthen security and harden the facilities. Why? Because they need the shock value of the body count.

Mo probably won't win but I'll vote for him because his opponent is a straight-up legacy-RINO. She's easy on the eyes but she'll be the Turtle's best friend.

I bought my 17 year old a handgun. If you don' like it I don't care . If you don't teach your kid firearms safety in a country with 4oo million firearms it is you who need some serious slapping.

I bought my 17 year old a handgun. If you don' like it I don't care . If you don't teach your kid firearms safety in a country with 4oo million firearms it is you who need some serious slapping.
I think any child should be able to take a shotgun to school...just because those kids back in Columbine gave taking shotguns to school a bad rep doesn't mean other children should be robbed of the joy of taking shotguns to school...

I remember guns in gun racks in pickup trucks. Never thought twice about it
It's tough to deal with change.....lots of things were "the norm" back in the day....that isn't the "norm" now.....it's almost like people evolve, devolve, but they never stay the same....

This is what bothers Conservatives the most....their need to keep things the same or return back to a time when things were as they saw fit......just so happens that time would have sucked for a lot of other people.....

I remember guns in gun racks in pickup trucks. Never thought twice about it

Same here. I took my shotgun to 7th grade communications class in junior high in 1982 to explain gun safety and how to clean a gun. Walked down the hall with my shotgun, broken down, and no one hardly even noticed. Principal had given me permission the day before to bring it in.

It's tough to deal with change.....lots of things were "the norm" back in the day....that isn't the "norm" now.....it's almost like people evolve, devolve, but they never stay the same....

This is what bothers Conservatives the most....their need to keep things the same or return back to a time when things were as they saw fit......just so happens that time would have sucked for a lot of other people.....

You blabber a lot

This isn't the 1950s.

No, thats not it. Its about the moral decay and depravity that has occurred.

i don't remember this thread at all lol wtf

i am a fan of Brooks though, because Ann Coulter made me a fan of him

Forum List

Back