GOP says voter ID scheme shaved 5 points off Obama's "win"

R

rdean

PA GOP chair says voter ID helped cut Obama margin

PA GOP party chairman Rob Gleason has set off a new round of criticism by crediting voter ID with helping narrow Obama's margin of victory last fall. In an interview broadcast on PCN-TV, Gleason was asked whether he thought the attention drawn to Voter ID affected last year’s elections. He replied."Yeah, I think a little bit. We probably had a better election. Think about this, we cut Obama by 5%, which was big. A lot of people lost sight of that. He won, he beat McCain by 10%, he only beat Romney by 5%. I think that probably Voter ID had helped a bit in that."

----------------------------------------------------

See? It's not about "voter fraud". It's about keeping people from voting. Shave a point here. Shave a point there. It's about "schemes". What did Colin Powell say? Voter fraud can't be BOTH wide spread AND undetectable.

Seems more and more Republican leaders are turning a little, tiny bit honest. Are USMB Republicans going to follow suit and admit they tried a scheme that failed during the last election, but they won't give up. Better to cheat the American people than give up their "principles".

Reading this thread shaved a point or so off my IQ. What is this issue with Voter ID all of a sudden? Are you Liberals afraid to play fair?

PA GOP party chairman Rob Gleason has set off a new round of criticism by crediting voter ID with helping narrow Obama's margin of victory last fall. In an interview broadcast on PCN-TV, Gleason was asked whether he thought the attention drawn to Voter ID affected last year’s elections. He replied."Yeah, I think a little bit. We probably had a better election. Think about this, we cut Obama by 5%, which was big. A lot of people lost sight of that. He won, he beat McCain by 10%, he only beat Romney by 5%. I think that probably Voter ID had helped a bit in that."

See? It's not about "voter fraud". It's about keeping people from voting. Shave a point here. Shave a point there. It's about "schemes". What did Colin Powell say? Voter fraud ca.n't be BOTH wide spread AND undetectable.

Seems more and more Republican leaders are turning a little, tiny bit honest. Are USMB Republicans going to follow suit and admit they tried a scheme that failed during the last election, but they won't give up. Better to cheat the American people than give up their "principles".

Pennsylvania Republican Mike Turzai admitting the Voter I.D. Law Passed by The Pennsylvania "Will Allow Governor Romney To Win The State of Pennsylvania".

Romney Lost Pennsylvania.

Last edited by a moderator:

See? It's not about "voter fraud". It's about keeping people from voting. Shave a point here. Shave a point there. It's about "schemes". What did Colin Powell say? Voter fraud can't be BOTH wide spread AND undetectable.

I'll take the GOP's word that voter ID is meant to suppress votes.

Reading this thread shaved a point or so off my IQ. What is this issue with Voter ID all of a sudden? Are you Liberals afraid to play fair?

The "Issue" is that Republicans are actively working to Suppress Voter Rights in this country.

Why don't Republicans, instead of wanting to deny American Voters their ConstitutionallyProtected Right To Vote, work to ensure Voting Rights for All Americans.

All the Republicans are doing is shooting themselves in the foot.

The Republican Party is facing a shrinking voter base. By Suppressing, Restricting and Denying Voter Rights, they will end up like Captain Ahab, chasing The Great White Vote.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPsl_TuFdes]Paul Weyrich - Goo-Goo Syndrome (proper audio/video synchronization) - YouTube[/ame]

Watching Fox News does more damage to your I.Q.

Why are Republicans so damn afraid of letting American's Vote?

Like I said:

Better to cheat the American people than give up their "principles".

Voter ID only prevents Voter Fraud. Make me wonder how big a portion of Democrat Voter is Fraud, 10% 15%

In Democrat Stronghold were districts with more vote cast than there were registered voters? I know 99.9% of the "Vote" went to Obama in certain precincts

They don't have an issue with letting Americans vote legally.....none at all. :confused:

this is Deans 2nd thread on this.....they probably sent him a memo and told him to harp on this for awhile....you know Dean....dont question....just do....

I'll take the GOP's word that voter ID is meant to suppress votes.

Yes it's meant to suppress fraudulent votes. And apparently it worked. Which is why RDerp has to post yet another lying crock of shit and pass it off as some kind of wisdom or insight.

You must be joking. I don't watch Fox News very often. So, thus rises the "if you don't agree with me, you are either racist or watch Fox News" retort. Just how am I capable of stopping someone from voting precisely?

Geez.. I know I'm trying to be more civilized, but you sir are a dumbass.

Why doesn't the government want minorities entering Federal building or boarding airplanes?

this is Deans 2nd thread on this.....they probably sent him a memo and told him to harp on this for awhile....you know Dean....dont question....just do....

Yeah, at the frequency he posts threads like this, there must be someone paying him for it.

Voter ID only prevents Voter Fraud. Make me wonder how big a portion of Democrat Voter is Fraud, 10% 15%

You mean what you imagine.

What did Colin Powell say? Voter fraud can't be BOTH wide spread AND undetectable.

you suffer reading comprehension failure, seek help. your thread title is a lie.

Voter ID is only designed to make the election more honest! Period!!!

Are you calling the Republican leadership liars?

And what about limiting hours and polling places? I recently posted a link where democratic voting in one district was consolidated from 1,500 in three locations to over 9,000 in one location with 40 parking spaces. It's not just ID. Republicans are working every trick in the book. It's not possible to be so insulated when even Republicans are complaining, or boasting, depending on what kind of person they are.

Forum List

Back