GOP Senate Candidate Addressed Conference Hosted by Neo-Confederate Group

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
mcdanielconfederateflag630.jpg

Just saw this covered on TV, and found this piece. Looks like the far right is rising in MS.<my comment.

GOP Senate Candidate Addressed Conference Hosted by Neo-Confederate Group That Promotes Secessionism | Mother Jones

Mississippi Republican Chris McDaniel, who is challenging Sen. Thad Cochran and backed by the Senate Conservatives Fund and the Club for Growth, took the stage with a historian who says Lincoln was a Marxist.

Update: Chris McDaniel is now saying he wasn't at the event in August. See our update here.

Chris McDaniel is taking the "GOP Civil War" to a new level. Two months ago, the tea party-backed Mississippi Senate candidate addressed a neo-Confederate conference and costume ball hosted by a group that promotes the work of present-day secessionists and contends the wrong side won the "war of southern independence." Other speakers at the event included a historian who believes Lincoln was a Marxist and Ryan Walters, a PhD candidate who worked on McDaniel's first political campaign and wrote recently that the "controversy" over President Barack Obama's birth certificate "hasn't really been solved."
<more>

Last edited:
mcdanielconfederateflag630.jpg

Just saw this covered on TV, and found this piece. Looks like the far right is rising in MS.<my comment.

GOP Senate Candidate Addressed Conference Hosted by Neo-Confederate Group That Promotes Secessionism | Mother Jones

Mississippi Republican Chris McDaniel, who is challenging Sen. Thad Cochran and backed by the Senate Conservatives Fund and the Club for Growth, took the stage with a historian who says Lincoln was a Marxist.

Update: Chris McDaniel is now saying he wasn't at the event in August. See our update here.

Chris McDaniel is taking the "GOP Civil War" to a new level. Two months ago, the tea party-backed Mississippi Senate candidate addressed a neo-Confederate conference and costume ball hosted by a group that promotes the work of present-day secessionists and contends the wrong side won the "war of southern independence." Other speakers at the event included a historian who believes Lincoln was a Marxist and Ryan Walters, a PhD candidate who worked on McDaniel's first political campaign and wrote recently that the "controversy" over President Barack Obama's birth certificate "hasn't really been solved."
<more>

I can't say I disagree with a single thing that was quoted in the article.

It's utterly hilarious to see a commie loving mag like Mother Jones trying to scare people with the specter of "neo-confederates."

<scary Outer Limits music plays here>

Forum List

Back