GOP Senator Celebrates His Vote Against Gay Marriage By Attending Son's Gay Marriage

it’s sad dembots have to be critical of a person celebrating his sons marriage

why do you all have a problem with love?
It's hilarious that you lick the taint of your political elites who deny average citizens the same privileges they get to enjoy. But should we expect any different from you born betas?

"A Pennsylvania lawmaker is facing criticism for attending his gay son's wedding last week, just days after opposing a bill in the U.S. house that would enshrine protections for same-sex marriage into federal law. Representative Glenn Thompson's office said in a statement that he and his wife were thrilled to attend the nuptials and are very happy to welcome a new son-in-law into the family. His office did not respond to a follow-up question about why he decided to vote against the measure."

So I guess the key to opposing same sex marriage is to just oppose it for everyone else but not your own family? Cool...Kinda makes for an awkward wedding knowing your Dad would have gladly voted to stop you from being married "legally" if Republicans ever had their wish....I am sure the weasel excuse given is:

"I am totally for gay marriage bro, I just don't want them to be federally protected...that's all"

I assume this is a case of a politician just doing what he thinks he has to do to get elected -- and for some reason, there are a lot of Republicans believing that the easiest way to remain in power is to oppose gay rights in any form it pops up...which is odd, because I keep hearing from the so-called Conservatives on this message board that "Bro, nobody is trying to take away rights from gays bro..." -- Seems once again, Conservatives are lying about their own positions....
You guys only see black and white, don't you?

what is being denied?
The man voted against protecting gay marriage and then attended a gay marriage. That's obvious to anyone with eyes. Maybe it's hard for you to see with your face and tongue buried so far up his asshole?

The man voted against protecting gay marriage and then attended a gay marriage. That's obvious to anyone with eyes. Maybe it's hard for you to see with your face and tongue buried so far up his asshole?
protecting it from what? it’s already protected.

voting on a law to “protect” it? geez…if gay marriage is overturned because it’s unconstitutional,which i see no indication it will be, a federal law protecting it, would mean nothing you’d need an amendment

understating the nonsense behind such a law doesn’t mean you oppose gay marriage or are denying anything

i know of no federal law “protecting” same sex marriage…so what’s being denied?

"A Pennsylvania lawmaker is facing criticism for attending his gay son's wedding last week, just days after opposing a bill in the U.S. house that would enshrine protections for same-sex marriage into federal law. Representative Glenn Thompson's office said in a statement that he and his wife were thrilled to attend the nuptials and are very happy to welcome a new son-in-law into the family. His office did not respond to a follow-up question about why he decided to vote against the measure."

So I guess the key to opposing same sex marriage is to just oppose it for everyone else but not your own family? Cool...Kinda makes for an awkward wedding knowing your Dad would have gladly voted to stop you from being married "legally" if Republicans ever had their wish....I am sure the weasel excuse given is:

"I am totally for gay marriage bro, I just don't want them to be federally protected...that's all"

I assume this is a case of a politician just doing what he thinks he has to do to get elected -- and for some reason, there are a lot of Republicans believing that the easiest way to remain in power is to oppose gay rights in any form it pops up...which is odd, because I keep hearing from the so-called Conservatives on this message board that "Bro, nobody is trying to take away rights from gays bro..." -- Seems once again, Conservatives are lying about their own positions....

Not wanting the fed involved in marriage doesn't make anyone anti-marriage. Are you really so dumb you can't see the difference? Or is it just your federal supremacy talking?

protecting it from what? it’s already protected.

voting on a law to “protect” it? geez…if gay marriage is overturned because it’s unconstitutional,which i see no indication it will be, a federal law protecting it, would mean nothing you’d need an amendment

understating the nonsense behind such a law doesn’t mean you oppose gay marriage or are denying anything

i know of no federal law “protecting” same sex marriage…so what’s being denied?
I also love that when you're not tossing the salad of elites you're pretending to be stupid or revealing that you actually are stupid.

What the Supreme Court declares unconstitutional is a matter of politics. If any one is under any delusions otherwise, you're a moron. The point is to make it politically difficult to end same sex marriage.

I also love that when you're not tossing the salad of elites you're pretending to be stupid or revealing that you actually are stupid.

What the Supreme Court declares unconstitutional is a matter of politics. If any one is under any delusions otherwise, you're a moron. The point is to make it politically difficult to end same sex marriage.
do you are literally just making things up…gotcha…that’s my point

Making what up?
this entire thread and all your points on it…nothing based in fact or reality…

it’s a mere talking point wedge issue by your cult leaders to distract from the reality of what is going on

nobody cares about gay marriage…it’s not an issue…the house wasting time on a useless law, is evidenced the left has no plans to fix the economy they destroyed

There is no federal ban being proposed, and it's already protected....so you are simply making things up....and the dembots are purposely doing it, to distract from the horrors of their policies on the economy.
Yall said this same thing about abortion rights......
You hate when people are pro-active about protecting rights....
You'd rather they wait until a right is lost - then gloat about how its their fault they didn't "codify" their rights in law....
Just like yall did with abortion...
it must suck to ALWAYS HAVE TO LIE about your positions...

it’s a mere talking point wedge issue by your cult leaders to distract from the reality of what is going on

nobody cares about gay marriage…it’s not an issue…the house wasting time on a useless law, is evidenced the left has no plans to fix the economy they destroyed
I can walk and chew gum at the same time, what's your problem? 😄

Yall said this same thing about abortion rights......
You hate when people are pro-active about protecting rights....
You'd rather they wait until a right is lost - then gloat about how its their fault they didn't "codify" their rights in law....
Just like yall did with abortion...
it must suck to ALWAYS HAVE TO LIE about your positions...
no everyone including RBG said Roe was a horrible opinion and decided wrongly

The judges that wrote it did it incorrectly….should of been decided under equal protection

no everyone including RBG said Roe was a horrible opinion and decided wrongly

The judges that wrote it did it incorrectly….should of been decided under equal protection
and the same thing is being said about same sex marriage...

Again, do you folks ever get tired of being disingenuous??

Nobody cares about gay marriage or abortion

Sure

You mean YOU don’t care

Forum List

Back