GOP Senator: ‘My Party Might Not Deserve To Lead’

Neither party deserves too much power, obviously. We need a strong and viable Third Party to center things before this shit goes off the rails.
Too late. And don't say both are to blame, because only one has elevated it to this point.
I know. It's all the other guy's fault.
:laugh: It's your fault then, what have you done to ensure "a strong and viable Third Party".
Got it, thanks.

Neither party deserves too much power, obviously. We need a strong and viable Third Party to center things before this shit goes off the rails.
Too late. And don't say both are to blame, because only one has elevated it to this point.
:laugh: It's your fault then, what have you done to ensure "a strong and viable Third Party".
Got it, thanks.
What have you done to ensure "a strong and viable Third Party?

Got it, thanks.
Why in the world would someone like you care?

Got it, thanks.
I care. What have you done to ensure a strong and viable Third Party?

“Never has a party abandoned and fled its principles and deeply held beliefs so quickly.”

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) took aim at his own party over its unwavering support of President Donald Trump.

“Never has a party abandoned and fled its principles and deeply held beliefs so quickly as my party did in the face of the nativist juggernaut,” Flake said on Thursday in a speech to the National Press Club, according to the Arizona Republic. “We have become strangers to ourselves.”

Flake, who is not seeking re-election, said:

“If we are going to cloister ourselves in the alternative truth of an erratic leader, if we are going to refuse to live in the world that everyone else lives in and reckon with the daily reality that they face, including the very real anxiety that they feel, then my party might not deserve to lead.”

He called on the Republican Party to act now to “mitigate and repair the damage” caused by Trump.

More: GOP Sen. Jeff Flake Comes Out And Says It: 'My Party Might Not Deserve To Lead'

Who in the Republican Party has enough balls and patriotism to act? Certainly not cowardly scum like Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell.
How did I know it would be Jeff Flake saying that before I even opened this thread?

Trump should do the right thing for America and put an end to it.
Actually, it is important for Mueller to conclude his investigation and for the idiot trump's entire administration and those congressmen who helped obstruct justice to be tried and convicted for their crimes.

There must be no doubt the idiot trump's election was illegally won, and his corrupt presidency must be declared invalid.

This would force every executive order and bill he signed to be reversed, and ALL of his appointees would be removed.

His resignation could not repair the massive damage he and his Republican majority have caused.

You live in a fantasy world.

Got it, thanks.
Quite a bit locally, and I'd most likely to contribute to and volunteer for a national ticket like the rumored Kasich/Hickenlooper or Hickenlooper/Kasich one.

There. Now, you can answer my question: Would you like to see a strong and viable third party to center our politics and mitigate the wings?

Yes or no?

Got it, thanks.
Quite a bit locally, and I'd most likely to contribute to and volunteer for a national ticket like the rumored Kasich/Hickenlooper or Hickenlooper/Kasich one.

There. Now, you can answer my question: Would you like to see a strong and viable third party to center our politics and mitigate the wings?

Yes or no?
Of course I would. The point I'm trying to make is that until a third party is viable only two can be in control at the moment, and the one in control is a disaster and far worse than the other. Your attempts to portray them as the same is disingenuous and a cop out. You appeal to a mythical party that doesn't exist/has no power to ignore reality. You don't argue in good faith

Got it, thanks.

Yes or no?
Of course I would. The point I'm trying to make is that until a third party is viable only two can be in control at the moment, and the one in control is a disaster and far worse than the other. Your attempts to portray them as the same is disingenuous and a cop out. You appeal to a mythical party that doesn't exist/has no power to ignore reality. You don't argue in good faith
One is "far worse" from the other, only from your political perspective.

I'll continue to advocate for a viable third party, you continue not to. I suspect you'll get you way.

Yes or no?

I'll continue to advocate for a viable third party, you continue not to. I suspect you'll get you way.
You will continue to ignore the reality that there are only two viable parties at the moment and not comment on either, as you are a coward.

Yes or no?

You will continue to ignore the reality that there are only two viable parties at the moment and not comment on either, as you are a coward.
Okie dokie, thanks.

Yes or no?

Okie dokie, thanks.
No prob. I'm off to a thread to confront white nationalists. Of course the fact they infest one party doesn't matter to you.

“Never has a party abandoned and fled its principles and deeply held beliefs so quickly.”

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) took aim at his own party over its unwavering support of President Donald Trump.

“Never has a party abandoned and fled its principles and deeply held beliefs so quickly as my party did in the face of the nativist juggernaut,” Flake said on Thursday in a speech to the National Press Club, according to the Arizona Republic. “We have become strangers to ourselves.”

“If we are going to cloister ourselves in the alternative truth of an erratic leader, if we are going to refuse to live in the world that everyone else lives in and reckon with the daily reality that they face, including the very real anxiety that they feel, then my party might not deserve to lead.”

He called on the Republican Party to act now to “mitigate and repair the damage” caused by Trump.

More: GOP Sen. Jeff Flake Comes Out And Says It: 'My Party Might Not Deserve To Lead'

Who in the Republican Party has enough balls and patriotism to act? Certainly not cowardly scum like Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell.
What damage has Trump caused? Please be specific.

Lemme translate "We have become strangers to ourselves" to you..

Flake is saying that he was so spineless, inept, and ineffective that he's quitting because he can't get re-elected. And he RESENTS all the current action on issues, and Repubs who know how to fight BACK against the left and the media. Too rough for the little man.. Too much "work" for his "principles"..

Flake is a flake just like all the democrats. Not GOP as Lakhota implies with his fake news!
This is why republicans never say or do anything wrong. If they do republicans call them rhinos

Rhinos are Republicans who campaign as strong conservatives to get elected, and then vote against conservative ideals. Flake is a loser, and is not running again because he knows he cannot get reelected in Arizona.

Neither party deserves too much power, obviously.

We need a strong and viable Third Party to center things before this shit goes off the rails.
I agree. Those who crave power do not deserve to have power

Forum List

Back