🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GOP set to vote to weaken Ethics Office.

"The 119-to-74 vote during a GOP conference meeting means that the House rules package expected to be adopted Tuesday, the first day of the 115th Congress, would rename the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE) as the Office of Congressional Complaint Review and place it under the oversight of the House Ethics Committee.

The OCE was created in 2008 to address concerns that the Ethics Committee had been too timid in pursuing allegations of wrongdoing by House members. Under the current House ethics regime, the OCE is empowered to release a public report of its findings even if the Ethics Committee chooses not to take further action against a member."

House GOP Votes to Gut Independent Ethics Office

It sounds like they are simply renaming an ethics group created in 2008 and putting it under the oversight of the House Ethics committee. It would be helpful to hear what that OCE did for the past eight years. How else do we know it is worth keeping and/or if this bill is simply reorganizing tasks?
They are gutting it while duping people into thinking otherwise.
What are you basing that declaration on? Show us, please.
From reading & watching the news.

Democrats wanted it. Republicans don't.

Only a moron would not understand.
Republicans are pissed because that office kept catching therm being dishonest cheats.
If that were true, then why did the Democrats lie about how they selected their candidate for President?

Tell us what actions that the Democrats did to screw Bernie?

"The 119-to-74 vote during a GOP conference meeting means that the House rules package expected to be adopted Tuesday, the first day of the 115th Congress, would rename the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE) as the Office of Congressional Complaint Review and place it under the oversight of the House Ethics Committee.

The OCE was created in 2008 to address concerns that the Ethics Committee had been too timid in pursuing allegations of wrongdoing by House members. Under the current House ethics regime, the OCE is empowered to release a public report of its findings even if the Ethics Committee chooses not to take further action against a member."

It sounds like they are simply renaming an ethics group created in 2008 and putting it under the oversight of the House Ethics committee. It would be helpful to hear what that OCE did for the past eight years. How else do we know it is worth keeping and/or if this bill is simply reorganizing tasks?
And we're supposed to read your mind so we know what you read and watched. OK, then.

Anywhooo. Looks like Donald Trump agrees with you on this....Trump scolds House GOP for gutting ethics office

And we're supposed to read your mind so we know what you read and watched. OK, then.

Anywhooo. Looks like Donald Trump agrees with you on this....Trump scolds House GOP for gutting ethics office
I assumed you were well informed. When I read somethong that I am not sure of, I look it up.

How about we just stop pestering these guys with questions, ethics rules, cameras and all that stuff. I mean let them turn out the lights and do what they want. Its not like ethics and making sure people arent crooks means anything. Let the congress police themselves and punish those who dare snitch.

That will help us all....somehow

So, now that the GOP can pass anything they want & get the dumbass orange POS to sign them, one of their first moves is to weaken ethics enforcement.

Funny how that works.

Democrats put it in & Republicans take it out.
. Well the paid posters are out in force with the first lib outrage of the 115th Congress. Nevermind the democrats did the same thing they are accusing the GOP of.

I assumed you were well informed. When I read somethong that I am not sure of, I look it up.
I did, and shared links with you. All you've done is be a prick.

I did, and shared links with you. All you've done is be a prick.

They don't much like facts doncha know. LOL

So, now that the GOP can pass anything they want & get the dumbass orange POS to sign them, one of their first moves is to weaken ethics enforcement.

Funny how that works.

1.There is already a BIPARTISAN ethics commission in congress
2.The GOP after being smacked on its ass by President Trump has reversed course.
3.Your boo hooing is still hilarious.

Nice straw man. Are you saying the DNC didn't preselect Hillary to be their nominee before the campaigns began, much less before the first primary ballot was cast? Why do you think all of those Bernie fans were upset and wanted to vote for Trump?

Funny how that works.

So, the congressional ethics committee is just fine, no change at all to it.

Nance Pelosi and the the Khmer Rouge democrats created a witch hunt that was outside of congress. The idea was to engage in political hazing of enemies of the party. The key is that this so-called ethics board in 8 years failed to do, well anything at all. Not one censure or indictment. It was nothing but another boondoggle wasting taxpayer funds with no results.

Funny how that works.

. Well the paid posters are out in force with the first lib outrage of the 115th Congress. Nevermind the democrats did the same thing they are accusing the GOP of.
When did they do that? Democrats put it in place.

Nice straw man. Are you saying the DNC didn't preselect Hillary to be their nominee before the campaigns began, much less before the first primary ballot was cast? Why do you think all of those Bernie fans were upset and wanted to vote for Trump?
Hillary has been a Democrats for decades supporting the party. Bernie was a democrat for less than a year before running. The Party officials wanted Hillary. But what actions were taken?

Funny how that works.

2.The GOP after being smacked on its ass by President Trump has reversed course.

You are talking about the ethics committee that is run by a Republican with a Republican majority.

Hillary has been a Democrats for decades supporting the party. Bernie was a democrat for less than a year before running. The Party officials wanted Hillary. But what actions were taken?
Thanks for conceding my point.

You are talking about the ethics committee that is run by a Republican with a Republican majority.
Which automatically means it will have more ethics than the DNC. ;)

Thanks for conceding my point.

Which automatically means it will have more ethics than the DNC. ;)
You know, dipstick, that ewanting someone to win is not the same as taking some sort of unfaior action to make sure they do.

Did the RNC want your orange buddy? OMG OMG OMG they must have tried to cheat.

I want actions. What did the DNC take while it was still a race.

Once the victor is obvious, political parties try to get the remaining candidates to drop out to save money & stop the bad comments.

So, Mr "you proved my point" produce those actions or STFU.

How about we just stop pestering these guys with questions, ethics rules, cameras and all that stuff. I mean let them turn out the lights and do what they want. Its not like ethics and making sure people arent crooks means anything. Let the congress police themselves and punish those who dare snitch.

What a laughable comment considering the first two years of total democrat control of the government. Talk about not making sure people aren't crooks.

What a laughable comment considering the first two years of total democrat control of the government. Talk about not making sure people aren't crooks.

That has not one thing to do with the ethics committee

Funny how that works.

You obviously don't know what BI PARTISAN means.

Funny how that works.

You obviously don't know what BI PARTISAN means.
So, you think bi-partisan means both parties have equal control & equal membership.

You ain't too bright.

Forum List

Back