GOP To FAA: Drop Dead

Unions have nothing to do with this, other than the wingnuts inserting language that was not agreed to in Congressional negotiations.

Lying is not going to help you.
Then post your proof.

Try google there are plenty of stories out there.

I dont want to influence you by using a right wing search engine. Since google is in the tank for you guys, you can wade through the pages of BS. Plus I really love playing rope a dope. WANNA PLAY?

NEVER MIND i WILL JUST MAKE YOU LOOK FOOLISH NOW.

FAA Shutdown Looms In House-Senate Showdown Over Union Organizing

ANY FURTHER COMMENTARY SHOULD BE DIRECTED HERE.

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture3792-4-talk-to-cone.jpg

The Wingnuts in the House targeted only small airports in Blue states, stuck it in the bill without any negotiation with the Senate, then left town.

That shit don't fly, and they know it.

How is the GOP going to make up this lost revenue?

It's the Dems who did these projects with pork.
The Repubs don't use the taxpayers money for their own little conveniences, they still drive the extra miles to their homes from major air ports.

The Wingnuts in the House targeted only small airports in Blue states, stuck it in the bill without any negotiation with the Senate, then left town.

That shit don't fly, and they know it.

How is the GOP going to make up this lost revenue?

here's how it works.. dummie

the house passes it's bill

the senate is supposed to either pass the house bill with an up or down vote or present their bill

then and only then do they "negotioate"

but in this case the Senate got their dimocraticpantiesinawad and flew the coop. how do they intend to pay back all that money?

Well did the House pass the bill? YES

DID the Senate pass the bill? NO

it's just that simple. ball's in your court.

Sometimes I'm actually shocked at your ignorance. The HOUSE HOLDS THE FUCKING PURSE STRINGS. When a SPENDING bill passes both chambers, it then goes back to the H.O.U.S.E. Appropriations Committee (now controlled by REPUBLICANS) for the funding. The sheer urgency of this situation called for immediate passage of an extension by THE HOUSE with no goddamned strings attached, which it refused to do.

Get it now? Or shall I have my neighbor's three-year old explain it to you?

Oh I got it. the house did it's part, the Senate instead of debating and giving the bill an up or down vote left DC and will be off til roughly SEPT. If they care a wit about those employees they'd have done their jobs.

No, you don't get it.

About the Appropriations Process
...Once funds are appropriated, Congress expects that these funds will be used during the fiscal year for which they are appropriated. Congress must enact annual appropriations bills prior to the beginning of the each fiscal year (October 1) or provide interim funding for the affected programs through a "continuing resolution." Sometimes, the Congress will combine several appropriations bills at the end of the year and pass them all together as an "omnibus."
How does the appropriations process work?

An appropriations bill is considered in much the same way as other bills that pass through Congress. It is introduced by Members of the House and Senate, subcommittee hearings are held, subcommittees and committees amend the bills and vote on them, they are considered by the full House and Senate and votes are taken, a conference committee is appointed to reconcile differences between the two chambers' versions, and the conference report (i.e. the final bill) is then voted on by the House and Senate and sent to the President for signature or veto.
The House starts voting on appropriations bills in May and seeks to complete this by the August district work period. In recent years, however, many of these votes have not occurred until the fall. The Senate may begin committee work on its 11 spending bills and may even vote on the bills before the House completes its work.

After the House and the Senate have each voted on its versions of an appropriations bill, a conference committee meets. That committee consists of equal number of House and Senate members who reconcile any differences between the spending bills.

The conference committees make the final decisions on bills and reconcile the differences. The conference report is then sent to both the House and Senate for approval. If approved, it is then sent to President. After the President signs a bill, each impacted department or agency reviews the bill, makes the regulatory changes mandated by Congress and begins allocating the funding to appropriate departments and projects referenced in the bill. When there is a direct appropriation to an outside entity, the agency will usually allocate funding to the organization or community in the spring (mid-March through May).

The issue here with the FAA funding is that the proper approach would have been to do a continuing resolution setting some date in early fall to resolve all the political issues now attached to a very simple, and necessary, piece of legislation.

The Dems got pissed because Hatch brought up a bill that would defund some very unused rural area airports, about 10 of them. They don't' have enough traffic to keep them going without Federal subsidies.
We could save about 200 billion a year with them being shut down.
Most of them were built by pork, by Dem's, so that they would have more convince. They had these rural airports built for them, to fly home on weekends, instead of having to drive from the bigger airports.
Poor little Dem's will have to drive a few miles out of their way to go home to their districts.
Alaska and Hawaii were exempt because that is mostly how they travel, in samll planes.

Ironically, most of those "rural airports" are used by people who own private planes, and they're the ones who get a tax break for owning said planes. For that reason, I'm not sure this particular argument will have a leg to stand on. When Republicans start actually looking at tax breaks (i.e., subsidies) that go for such things, they may decide it's better not to open that can of worms regarding where those private airplanes are parked.

Remember the days when the dimocrats took the wh, the senate and the house? Know what they said to us? "Elections have consequences" now they are having a meltdown because the Republicans reside in the house. I think it's just too damn funny.

So what have Republicans done in a year and a half? I'll echo you people:
WHERE'S THE JOBS YOU PROMISED WOULD BE YOUR TOP PRIORITY?!

When, oh when are you libs going to realize that the federal government is not an employment service? The federal government does not generate a dime of income. It confiscates money from you and me to fund an incredible bureaucracy. From what I understand the planes are flying and the passengers are getting where they want to go. The next hysterical post I want to see is "GOP to Dept of Education:drop dead".

You're still going with that tired talking point even after I pointed put to you that most of the workers affected by this shutdown are PRIVATE construction workers? Is that hard for you to understand? Put down the Fox News for just a minute and pay attention. PRIVATE CONSTRUCTION WORKERS ARE LAID OFF BECAUSE OF THIS SHUTDOWN - THOUSANDS OF THEM. Get it yet, or do I need to break out the sock puppets to better explain it to you?

Yes, and the US Senate has it completely within their power to pass the existing bill already passed by the US House. See the previous post of mine.

At this critical moment, that is completely irrelevant. The House could have chosen to simply extend the funding for two months, then all this back and forth bullshit regarding the riders could have been properly debated and the bill AMENDED thereafter.

When, oh when are you libs going to realize that the federal government is not an employment service? The federal government does not generate a dime of income. It confiscates money from you and me to fund an incredible bureaucracy. From what I understand the planes are flying and the passengers are getting where they want to go. The next hysterical post I want to see is "GOP to Dept of Education:drop dead".

Well if that's the case, then the righties should stop screeching about ending the space program which brought about endless jobs in the private sector. You can't have it both ways, bub.

Let's discuss it. Is the private sector now considered to be the enemy of the administration? Do you radicals even understand the difference between taxpayer funded federal jobs and the private sector?

When was the last time a private sector contractor took on a bidding process for construction of anything regarding airport upgrades on its own initiative? They won't because they NEED the guaranteed payments by the federal government. Even construction, operation, and maintenance of nuclear power plants are heavily subsidized by the government.

Yes, and the US Senate has it completely within their power to pass the existing bill already passed by the US House. See the previous post of mine.

Sorry, but that's not how it works here in the USA. The Senate does not have to pass an exact copy of a House bill. At least, that's how it has worked until the Tea Party came to town and started acting like their word is gospel.
His stupid is so thick you can stir it with a stick.

Whatchagonna do :disbelief:

Just google how to pass a bill, moron. If you can't comprehend that it's a process, then you're the one that needs to be poked and stirred.

Democrats to FAA: Forcing you to have a union and maintaining it are more important to us then your jobs.

FAA shutdown to continue as Congress leaves *| ajc.com
Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va., chairman of the Senate committee that oversees the FAA, held out the possibility that if the Senate were able to pass a bill acceptable to Democrats, it could still be approved by the House using obscure parliamentary procedures, and sent to the White House.

But his House counterpart, Rep. John Mica, R-Fla., ruled out that possibility. The only way left to end the shutdown is for the Senate to agree to a previously passed House bill containing $16.5 million cuts in air service subsidies to 13 rural communities that some Democrats — particularly Rockefeller — find objectionable.

Sorry, but the union thing is NOT what held it up. It was once again Republicans like Mica digging in on "principle" at the expense of 75,000 jobs and a loss of over a billion in tax revenue. Nice going, asshole.

Once again.....as in the debt-ceiling bill.....the House acted and the Democrats in the Senate did nothing. Now they want to blame this on the GOP. Yet another invented crisis.

Sorry, but it doesn't wash. :lame2:

Go sell your shit in San Francisco because nobody's buying it here.

Most of us have better things to do then entertain these silly scenarios the left keeps dreaming up.

Ya think? :lol:

The bills in the senate.

What excuse are you using?

Excuse? What excuse? What I said is true. Nothing got done in either the House or the Senate for the past month. The fact that the bill was there, still in draft form, is moot. Now they've all gone on vacation for a month.

:cuckoo:

Is that your way of admitting you're fucking clueless? Feeling smug by posting an emoticon only is only a temporary high. Like 2 seconds.

Forum List

Back