🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GOP to Puerto Rico's nearly bankrupt government: 'Drop dead'

Puerto Rico enjoys a whole lotta perks being loosely connected with the U.S. For instance, most Puerto Ricans love to boast about their favorable tax structure. Yet at the same time they love to whine about being independent. So, maybe it's time for Revolution? Resolve the matter once and for all. Can't have it both ways. Sorry bout that.
Yeah they pay tax and don't get much of anything in return. What a favorable tax structure. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but most Puerto Ricans i've ever talked to, just love to boast about not being required to pay certain taxes others in the U.S. are required to. So maybe you've just never spoken to a Puerto Rico resident.

They enjoy the perks of a loose connection to the US, while at the same time whining about Independence. But they can't have it both ways. So either start the Revolution, or just shut up. It is what it is.
Most of my family lives in Puerto Rico. You are completely full of shit. And if you do find a Puerto Rican bragging about not paying certain taxes, remind them that their education system, healthcare system, infrastructure, and government are complete disasters because of those taxes they don't pay. And the several they DO pay will never come back to the island in any meaningful way.

Sounds like Puerto Ricans are pretty inept... oh well, sucks to be Puerto Rican.

Yeah, and since when do Democrats care about massive Debt? They've never expressed any problems with Hussein dumping a whole lot of it on future generations.

My guess is, some very wealthy & influential Puerto Rican Democrat donors are pissed off. Because there's no way you can convince anyone with common sense that Democrats give a shite about massive Debt. Just another faux outrage scam. Simple as that.

The Obama administration can't even tackle it's own massive debt, and it wants us to strap an entire bankrupt nation to our back as well?

Let's ask the tax-paying citizens if they want their money to go, not only to illegals and refugees who want to kill us but to take on this nation's debt as well? I am sure they won't mind working a couple more hours every day to generate more tax revenue to be taken and used for some other people who don't want to be held accountable for their own actions....

Federal bankruptcy laws prohibit states from declaring bankruptcy. Since Puerto Rico enjoys many of the same benefits, why should we view them differently?
Puerto Rico enjoys many of the same benefits as states? You sure about that?

Let's start with the presidential election.
Okay what about it? How many Puerto Rican votes are counted in a Presidential election?

How many is irrelevant.

Federal bankruptcy laws prohibit states from declaring bankruptcy. Since Puerto Rico enjoys many of the same benefits, why should we view them differently?
Because they are not a state. Republican will fight tooth and nail to keep them from becoming a state. You know all their representatives would be Democrat.

Puerto Rico has voted against becoming a state at every opportunity.

Puerto Rico has apparently followed our model.... spend spend spend.... borrow borrow borrow.

Fucking progressive shit-for-brains.

Because they are not a state. Republican will fight tooth and nail to keep them from becoming a state. You know all their representatives would be Democrat.

Puerto Rico has voted against becoming a state at every opportunity.
Who from the U.S. is lobbying them to become a state?

Yeah they pay tax and don't get much of anything in return. What a favorable tax structure. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but most Puerto Ricans i've ever talked to, just love to boast about not being required to pay certain taxes others in the U.S. are required to. So maybe you've just never spoken to a Puerto Rico resident.

They enjoy the perks of a loose connection to the US, while at the same time whining about Independence. But they can't have it both ways. So either start the Revolution, or just shut up. It is what it is.
Most of my family lives in Puerto Rico. You are completely full of shit. And if you do find a Puerto Rican bragging about not paying certain taxes, remind them that their education system, healthcare system, infrastructure, and government are complete disasters because of those taxes they don't pay. And the several they DO pay will never come back to the island in any meaningful way.

Sounds like Puerto Ricans are pretty inept... oh well, sucks to be Puerto Rican.
What a waste of a comment. Thanks person who knows jack shit about Puerto Rico.

Whatthefuckever.. Fuck Puerto Rico.
Many Puerto Ricans have fought and died for you.

If we could only get the Democrats to care this much about the massive Debt Hussein has dumped on future generations. How bout it Dems? Whata ya say?
You mean the one that started with the deficit creating Bush Tax cuts?
You mean the debt that included the trillions spent on Iraq?
Did you know the cost of the two wars weren't included in the deficit the GOP handed to Obama?
And the money lost from the millions of jobs moved to China from 2001 to 2008?
And the revenue lost from the more than 40,000 factories closed from 2001 to 2008?
Wow, when you look at what GOP policies created and mess they handed to Obama, you get an entirely different picture. One even tards can understand. So why can't you?

Did you know that if Puerto Rico orders something from from a foreign country, the ship or plane has to go to the U.S. mainland first and be carried to Puerto Rico by a U.S. ship or plane that Puerto Rico then pays for its services?

Yes, the U.S. rules Puerto Rico, but you don't want to accept any of the blame.

Revolution. Go for it.
Idiot

Puerto Rico enjoys a whole lotta perks being loosely connected with the U.S. For instance, most Puerto Ricans love to boast about their favorable tax structure. Yet at the same time they love to whine about being independent. So, maybe it's time for Revolution? Resolve the matter once and for all. Can't have it both ways. Sorry bout that.

All of the Puerto Ricans I've talk to came here because they hated being poor and not having enough money to pay taxes.

Yeah, and since when do Democrats care about massive Debt? They've never expressed any problems with Hussein dumping a whole lot of it on future generations.

My guess is, some very wealthy & influential Puerto Rican Democrat donors are pissed off. Because there's no way you can convince anyone with common sense that Democrats give a shite about massive Debt. Just another faux outrage scam. Simple as that.
Read post 50 and say that again.

The Obama administration can't even tackle it's own massive debt, and it wants us to strap an entire bankrupt nation to our back as well?

Let's ask the tax-paying citizens if they want their money to go, not only to illegals and refugees who want to kill us but to take on this nation's debt as well? I am sure they won't mind working a couple more hours every day to generate more tax revenue to be taken and used for some other people who don't want to be held accountable for their own actions....
The massive debt the GOP handed him? You might want to read post 50. I think I spelled it out pretty good.

Many Americans have fought and died for Puerto Ricans.

The massive debt the GOP handed him? You might want to read post 50. I think I spelled it out pretty good.

President Barry Kardashian has piled up more debt than all his predecessors.. combined.

Many Americans have fought and died for Puerto Ricans.
Then why do you say fuck Puerto Rico but not fuck America?

Republicans didn't say "drop dead", liberals used that phrase. Puerto Rico is a beautiful island rich with resources and a haven for tourists and the U.S. is still in an economic downturn. It's amazing that the radical left would consider using U.S. capital to prop up an obviously corrupt system that drove itself into the verge of bankruptcy without a whole lot of conditions tacked on. Next thing you know the lefties will want us to support Cuba.

I have posted this and the links to support it before....

Despite 9/11/01 and 2 wars Bush's administration only managed to add 2.5 trillion in debt over 6 (six) years...before the Liberals took a near super majority control (5 seats shy) of Congress...and the purse strings / SPENDING. In the next 2 years Liberals controlling the spending added another $1.5 trillion in debt. That means $1.5 trillion of the $4 trillion in debt under Bush for which Obama called Bush 'unpatriotic' was LIBERAL SPENING, NOT 'BUSH'S!

Liberals enjoyed that near super-majority control of congress and the purse strings all the way through to the end of Obama's 2nd term in office. The massive debt Obama inherited was NOT from Bush but from his own Democratic Party who had controlled the Budget Bush's last 2 years...which was during the time the economy Liberals blame Bush for began to go south!

In that 1st 2 years under Obama with a liberal control of spending. Obama and Liberals went on a wild spending spree, passing things like the nearly $1 trillion failed stimulus bill that failed to do what was promise on a wide scale, contained over 7,000 pieces of DNC-Only self/party-serving wasteful pork, and ended up costing Americans over $742,000 PER JOB Obama CLAIMED to have created / saved.

During this time Obama set new US records for 'monthly', 'annual', and 'total' deficit spending.

Look it up - it's all documented...but Liberals never look it up or admit to it because it is a painful truth.

For example - He who controls the purse strings only matters to Liberals when the GOP holds the purse strings. Liberals declare the economy began to tank under Bush...his last 2 years....but gloss over the fact that Liberals controlled the purse strings and the spending at that time. How convenient...

Republicans didn't say "drop dead", liberals used that phrase. Puerto Rico is a beautiful island rich with resources and a haven for tourists and the U.S. is still in an economic downturn. It's amazing that the radical left would consider using U.S. capital to prop up an obviously corrupt system that drove itself into the verge of bankruptcy without a whole lot of conditions tacked on. Next thing you know the lefties will want us to support Cuba.
The U.S. rules Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico has to work within the boundaries set by the U.S. which puts it at a disadvantage. It wasn't the case years ago, when companies benefited by going to Puerto Rico, but those benefits went away and the restrictions remain.

Forum List

Back