🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gov Brown Moving against State Pensions

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
Gov. Jerry Brown got most of what he wanted when he carried a proposal to shore up the state’s underfunded public employee pension plans by trimming benefits for new workers.

Five years later, he’s in court making an expansive case that government agencies should be able to adjust pension benefits for current workers, too. California should be able to reduce public employees’ pension benefits, Jerry Brown argues
Financial Armageddon must be close if Jerry Brown is moving against the unions

Gov. Jerry Brown got most of what he wanted when he carried a proposal to shore up the state’s underfunded public employee pension plans by trimming benefits for new workers.

Five years later, he’s in court making an expansive case that government agencies should be able to adjust pension benefits for current workers, too. California should be able to reduce public employees’ pension benefits, Jerry Brown argues
It hasn't helped that Congress has spent a decade rewarding companies for moving away from the US.

End public pensions.
Give them all 401Ks.
Be as generous as you want with the annual match.
If the state is broke, reduce/eliminate the match that year.
Once you fund it, no future liability.

It hasn't helped that Congress has spent a decade rewarding companies for moving away from the US.
wow, he is acting like a fucking republican on this issue.
Or ...when there is no money.....there is no money......,,,maybe,,,but feel free to lay on more taxes...chances are Hollywood and silicon valley arent paying their fair share

Ontario will be following a similar path, with little federal assistance since the system is broke. The OPP and massive bloated government of Ontario and Canada ensures that this is the end result. Appears California will be just ahead of us.

Or ...when there is no money.....there is no money......,,,maybe,,,but feel free to lay on more taxes...chances are Hollywood and silicon valley arent paying their fair share
The US has the 2nd lowest Effective Tax Rate in the world.
Do you really want millions of Tax Accountants to be unemployed?

End public pensions.
Give them all 401Ks.
I have no problem with public pensions as long as they are run correctly...this retire at 50 bs though has to end...........and no last yr schemes to pump it up and no contribution holidays...do it right or suffer.

Which deductions are you leaving out to calculate what they SHOULD be paying?

End public pensions.
Give them all 401Ks.
I have no problem with public pensions as long as they are run correctly...this retire at 50 bs though has to end...........and no last yr schemes to pump it up and no contribution holidays...do it right or suffer.

this retire at 50 bs though has to end...........and no last yr schemes to pump it up and no contribution holidays...

I agree.
Many local Illinois school and police retirees are bleeding the system dry with these last year spikes in earnings.

End public pensions.
Give them all 401Ks.

this retire at 50 bs though has to end...........and no last yr schemes to pump it up and no contribution holidays...

I agree.
Many local Illinois school and police retirees are bleeding the system dry with these last year spikes in earnings.
and many municipalities have more retirees than active duty .......

Which deductions are you leaving out to calculate what they SHOULD be paying?
I'm just parroting what all my Corporate Tax Accountant friends tell me.
They don't want to lose their careers.
The ones in Cost Accounting don't care.

End public pensions.
Give them all 401Ks.

I agree.
and many municipalities have more retirees than active duty .......
In my Town, nepotism has raped the tax payers for decades and the high school graduates retire and get 80K/year.

I know a person.........SS will soon be ~$2075/mo if taken at age 62 or ~$2775/mo if wait until age 66 1/2.

~$24K/yr "take home". That is all. That person is trying to decide. At age 65 they start deducting some for Medicare?

6-figures is ~$10K/mo for GOVT workers or 5X normal citizen + free medical forever for family members and or "life partners".

Imagine how bad it will be when they lose all those federal grants. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of commies.

They just raised the Gas Tax by additional $0.12/gal on Nov 01. Due to rise another $0.72 in a year or so?

note: poor live far away, must commute "in" in Delta 88 or Truck. Or they live in Ghetto slums in the towns. Final option is 4-6 per bedroom even hot-bunking.

Same here in Pa....the state is flat broke thanks to Tom Ridge and his pension increases. Sooner than later these states are going broke so bye bye bloated pensions.

All the greedy government unions can kiss my ass. Time to end the recycling of money to stupid greedy politicians.

Forum List

Back