Gov. Pete Ricketts designates May as “Beef Month” in Nebraska

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
i would love to eat beef with Governor Pete and his dynamic wife at the gov's mansion if they invite me and then we can do stuff that can not be discussed here

to be serious, did you know there are over 3.5 times more cattle than people in Nebraska?

According to the Nebraska Beef Council, Jan. 2022 figures show that NE continues to have far more cattle than people. There are neatly 6.8 million cattle in the state!

I'm waiting for Democrat hunting season.

Democrat season.jpg

why well-raised meat is good for you and good for the planet:

Meat and animal fat are essential for our bodies
A sustainable food system cannot exist without animals
A vegan diet may destroy more life than sustainable cattle farming
Regenerative cattle ranching is one of our best tools at mitigating climate change

I drive past a farm where they have a lot of cattle regularly. Always wondered what they are thinking, they look really deep in thought and so peaceful.

I guess they are just mellow, and waiting for their individual opportunities to matriculate at Bovine University.

why well-raised meat is good for you and good for the planet:

Meat and animal fat are essential for our bodies
A sustainable food system cannot exist without animals
A vegan diet may destroy more life than sustainable cattle farming
Regenerative cattle ranching is one of our best tools at mitigating climate change
Are you one of those tree huggers from Oregon?

I pay people for the slaughter, why get bloody hands?
i hear ya...Congressman Don Young of Alaska, who died recently, used to kill bears with his bare hands, and would brag to members of Congress about it. now Sarah Palin is running for his seat!

I pay people for the slaughter, why get bloody hands?
Ditto, although the one time I got involved in dissecting a food animal, it was fun putting my anatomy and physiology studies to good use. I used to work in cardiology and cutting up a deer heart was fascinating.

i hear ya...Congressman Don Young of Alaska, who died recently, used to kill bears with his bare hands, and would brag to members of Congress about it. now Sarah Palin is running for his seat!

Well, I'm sure if the truth be known, it was his bare hands on a large caliber rifle.
You know how bear hunters are with their "Bear Stories"?

I had an unpleasant experience with kidney stones and cut back drastically on beef and other meat after learning that vegetarians seldom get kidney stones.

"National Beef appealed to Kansas Secretary of Agriculture Mike Beam to muscle the union on its behalf... In Nebraska, Governor Pete Ricketts directed departments not to release Covid-19 case statistics at meat plants"

Real bacon is manna.

Some beef bacon I tried in Kuwait was not too bad...if you want a teaser taste of it...

"Bacon flavored" things are generally shit.

Forum List

Back