Gov. Stitt signs permitless carry bill into law

NoVote

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2013
USA
OKLAHOMA CITY - A bill allowing permitless carry in Oklahoma has been signed into law, just hours after it passed the Oklahoma Senate.

"We want to make sure that we let Oklahomans know that we are going to protect their rights to bear arms," Governor Kevin Stitt said Wednesday.

House Bill 2597 allows for anyone age 21 or over to carry a firearm without a permit. The age requirement for veterans, active duty and reserve military personnel is 18 or over.

Presented by Senate majority floor leader Kim David, R-Porter, the measure passed the Senate floor on Wednesday by a vote of 40 to 6 after passing the Senate appropriations committee last Wednesday.

Sen. David stressed the bill doesn't change federal background checks required by law to purchase a firearm and private property owners will still have the right to allow or deny concealed or open carry on their premises.

Gov. Stitt signs permitless carry bill into law

Leftist heads will explode over this, but then, there probably aren't too many in Oklahoma. :19:

Shocking ... I'm floored ... of all the places on Earth I would have thought Oklahoma would be the poster child for open carry ... Vermont, Washington State, Oregon, Maine all had better 2nd Amendment rights than Oklahoma ...talk about a hotbed of liberalism ...

I read a bit where HR managers are wearing handguns on their hips during interviews ... see if the prospective hire freaks out ... "Snowflake Test" ...

Forum List

Back