Government saving us from autism

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Gotta love government, how else would we be safe from kids getting jobs.

To Christian Young and Nengi Clement, it’s the best job they’ve ever had. For a person living with autism, jobs can be hard to find.
So when the two young men landed part-time employment at a Little Caesars pizza restaurant in Eagan, they quickly learned the value of earning a paycheck. For a few hours a day they were the store’s human advertisement.
Initially, they would put on a sandwich board bearing the company’s name and wave at passing cars along Diffley Road.
“Just waving at people,” Clement said. “I use two hands. One for leaving and the other when they’re coming in.”
It wasn’t long before the store was informed that the business-attracting actions were against city code. Eagan has an ordinance prohibiting off-premise advertising by local businesses.
“I think it’s so ridiculous, very ridiculous,” Young said.
Not wanting to be issued a citation, the pizza restaurant moved the two young men closer to their actual store, and into the parking lot of an Eagan mall. But it was informed that also violated the city’s advertising code.
For the store’s operators, the last straw was when Young and Clement were greeting customers, wearing their T-shirts and standing outside its front door.
The city’s code enforcement technician once again told the franchisee to stop.

Before one of the government apologist can drop claim I am not being fair, here is what the government think justifies telling a business they cannot have kids opening doors for their customers.

Eagan’s spokesperson, Tom Garrison, defends the ordinance as necessary to prevent traffic distractions and advertising clutter. Garrison contends the ordinance is being enforced fairly, without exceptions.

Eagan City Code Confines Pizza Store?s Advertising « CBS Minnesota

Someone, tell me again, government regulations do not prevent businesses from hiring.

I dare you.

Autism-vaccine link disproved...
:cool:
Study: Autism Risk Not Increased by Early Vaccines
March 29, 2013 — There is no link between receiving a number of vaccines early in life and autism, researchers said on Friday.
In a study slated to appear in The Journal of Pediatrics, researchers said there is no association between receiving "too many vaccines too soon" and autism, despite some fears among parents around the number of vaccines given both on a single day and over the first 2 years of life. As many as one in 50 U.S. school-age children have been diagnosed with autism, up 72 percent since 2007. Researchers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Abt Associates analyzed data from children with and without autism spectrum disorder (ASD), according to a statement from the journal.

Researchers examined each child's cumulative exposure to antigens, the substances in vaccines that cause the body's immune system to produce antibodies to fight disease, and the maximum number of antigens each child received in a single day of vaccination, the journal's statement said. The antigen totals were the same for children with and without ASD, researchers found. Autism runs a spectrum from a profound inability to communicate and mental retardation to milder symptoms seen in Asperger's Syndrome.

While scientists believe genetics account for 80 to 90 percent of the risk for developing autism, a growing number of studies are beginning to suggest that a father's age at the time of conception may play a role by increasing risks for genetic mistakes in the sperm that could be passed along to offspring. Worries about a link between vaccines and autism have persisted for years, despite a growing body of scientific evidence disproving such an association.

Source

Gotta love government, how else would we be safe from kids getting jobs.

To Christian Young and Nengi Clement, it’s the best job they’ve ever had. For a person living with autism, jobs can be hard to find.
So when the two young men landed part-time employment at a Little Caesars pizza restaurant in Eagan, they quickly learned the value of earning a paycheck. For a few hours a day they were the store’s human advertisement.
Initially, they would put on a sandwich board bearing the company’s name and wave at passing cars along Diffley Road.
“Just waving at people,” Clement said. “I use two hands. One for leaving and the other when they’re coming in.”
It wasn’t long before the store was informed that the business-attracting actions were against city code. Eagan has an ordinance prohibiting off-premise advertising by local businesses.
“I think it’s so ridiculous, very ridiculous,” Young said.
Not wanting to be issued a citation, the pizza restaurant moved the two young men closer to their actual store, and into the parking lot of an Eagan mall. But it was informed that also violated the city’s advertising code.
For the store’s operators, the last straw was when Young and Clement were greeting customers, wearing their T-shirts and standing outside its front door.
The city’s code enforcement technician once again told the franchisee to stop.

Before one of the government apologist can drop claim I am not being fair, here is what the government think justifies telling a business they cannot have kids opening doors for their customers.

Eagan’s spokesperson, Tom Garrison, defends the ordinance as necessary to prevent traffic distractions and advertising clutter. Garrison contends the ordinance is being enforced fairly, without exceptions.

Eagan City Code Confines Pizza Store?s Advertising « CBS Minnesota

Someone, tell me again, government regulations do not prevent businesses from hiring.

I dare you.

very sad state of affairs. And just one extremely small example of millions more out there.

87% increased risk of autism from antidepressants used during pregnancy...

Study: Antidepressants During Pregnancy Increase Autism Risk
December 14, 2015 - Taking antidepressants during pregnancy increases the chance that the baby will have autism by 87 percent, a new study shows.
Researchers from the University of Montreal reviewed data from over 145,000 pregnancies and concluded the medicines “greatly increase the risk of autism.” “The variety of causes of autism remain unclear, but studies have shown that both genetics and environment can play a role,” said Anick Bérard. “Our study has established that taking antidepressants during the second or third trimester of pregnancy almost doubles the risk that the child will be diagnosed with autism by age 7, especially if the mother takes selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, often known by its acronym SSRIs.”

4C3C08FC-7B5B-42C6-9164-A7A5CB3A2DD1_w640_r1_s.jpg

A new study links the use of antidepressants while pregnant with autism.​

SSRIs are a family of widely prescribed drugs that are believed to work by inhibiting serotonin uptake in the brain. They can help relieve depression. The findings, published in the journal JAMA Pediatrics, could have profound ramifications as between six and ten percent of pregnant women are being treated with antidepressants. The researchers were able to control for other causes of autism such as genetic predisposition, socio-economic levels and the age of the mother.

In the study, the researchers found that 1,054, or .72 percent of the children were diagnosed with autism by the average age of 4.5. They also found a large increase in the prevalence of the disease, with 4 in 10,000 having autism in 1966 compared to 100 per 10,000 today. “We defined exposure to antidepressants as the mother having had one or more prescriptions for antidepressants filled during the second or third trimester of the pregnancy,” said Bérard. “This period was chosen as the infant's critical brain development occurs during this time.

MORE

Forum List

Back