Governor Scott Meets with Stand Your Ground Protestors

"....a kid"? Better check on the latest one, bub. Her name is Marissa Alexander and she's serving a 20 year term for protecting herself against an estranged husband who had battered her on prior occasions.

Lesson No. 1: Florida is one fucked up state because it is run by rednecks who are sock-puppets for the NRA.

You're a liar. Or you're stupid enough to believe and re-post a liar.

In either case, you're stupid and you're pushing totally false information.

BTW, I posted on this several days ago. That it would come up.

I was right. As usual.

And dimocraps lie.

As usual.

Don't want to be called a liar? Don't post lies. Doubt EVERYTHING you glean from the DISGUSTING FILTH in the Lame Stream Media.

They're run by dimocraps and, as we all know...

dimocraps lie.

Five will get you ten that Governor Scott steps in and commutes her sentence.

It was almost certainty before this but now that dimocrap scum are lying about her, he may let her rot in prison until he leaves Office.

Which is gonna be a while.

Wow, what a profoundly literate and learned response.

My attorney friend's name is not Lame Stream Media. But he is capable of reading and interpreting state law. You? Didn't think so. But you sure got the low-brow redneck slang down pat.

Believe me when I tell you, I've schooled more than one Attorney. Not in Criminal Law, but I've done it.

Alexander was a vicitm of her own stupidity.

Her husband found her phone and while looking through it, found texts of hers that brought into serious question the paternity of their new child.

I don't know about you, but that would kinda piss me off. Well, come to think of it, you're probably used to it by now.

Anyway, there was a little bit of a tiff over that small factoid.... That his new baby might not be his.

Try to put yourself in a MAN'S shoes for a minute.

So he confronted her in a rage.

She ran out to her car and got her gun. When you do that, all bets are off. There is no more SYG immunity or self-defense.

She returned with her gun and fired a shot AT HER HUSBAND AND NEAR THE CHILDREN, barely missing his head (not into the ceiling like the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM is claiming).

The shot barely missed his head while the couple's children were sitting, terrified, next to him.

She was immediately and justifiably arrested.

Now, here's the kicker. You're gonna LOVE this one....

See, even Florida has gun-control douchebags like you in it. We try to keep them out, but we just can't.

Several years ago, our gun-control douche-nozzle pals got a law passed that mandates a 10-20-Life penalty....

Here's the Law so maybe you can get your Lawyer pal to read it to you. Or your Mommy

10-20-Life - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway, the Judge had no choice but to sentence her to 20 years. None.

The persecutor (Angela Corey, BTW) could have asked for a waiver but guess what?

No don't. Stay on topic.

The woman broke the law. There was no SYG defense. There was no self-defense case.

She ran away, got into her car, procured her gun, came back into the house and fired a shot just inches from her children's heads.

No doubt of her guilt.

The sentence?

She can think idiots like you for her sentence.

Say, "You're welcome", moron

Last edited:

Florida's self defense laws do not allow for an aggressor or aggressive acts to be considered prior to an altercation that results in a shooting. The "but not for...." aspect is not honored.

You know you cannot show this statement to be true.

Obviously from your post you cannot show that it isn't.

It's your claim and therefore your responsibility to back it up.
But, you know you cannot do this, and so you will not even try.

B-37 said on air that SYG was used in their consideration. Or did you conveniently overlook that little nugget?

This is really good: ""What's amusing about this is you somehow think being told something is superior to thinking."" When you talk to your CPA, doctor or attorney do you listen and ask questions or just "think"?

I "think" you "think" you know everything and every time you post it shows. You are an expert on everything, I see. Me? I tend to read and ask a lot of questions.

When did the defense use stand your ground? Tell me please. Im all ears.

I ask questions. Then I verify that information to see if it's correct. It's called doing due dilligence. See, if just blindly trust what others say and never bother thinking for yourself, you end up just being a lemming with no real knowledge to speak of. I like learning for myself. That way i don't have to rely on others to make my decisions. I can be accountable for my own choices.

Know everything? Nope. Don't pretend to. There is so much to learn in the world that I know that I will never know everything. I don't even consider myself an expert in my profession. i just am not going to take someone elses word for it when I can learn it for myself. Id rather know a few things than lie to myself and tell myself i know alot simply because I know what others have said.

You've already been corrected on Stand your Ground in this case multiple times. Yet you still want to pretend the defense used it. You are seriously advocating the abolishment of self defense laws and think that abolishing our natural rights is a good thing. I don't have to be an expert to realize that if you eliminate self defense laws, you are basically giving thugs a field day and making law abiding citizens completely helpless.

Tell me, how was Zimmerman supposed to retreat with Trayvon on top of him beating him against the ground? If you can tell me that, then you can argue how Stand your Ground applies. Until then, it's completely irrelevant to a pure self defense case. Anyone who tells you otherwise is ignorant.

You know you cannot show this statement to be true.
Obviously from your post you cannot show that it isn't.
It's your claim and therefore your responsibility to back it up.
But, you know you cannot do this, and so you will not even try.

He has no clue what he's talking about.

He picked it up from some shithouse lawyer at Dailykooks or dummyunderground or, more likely, the CPUSA chat room.

Here's the Florida Statute

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

And here is what I think he's referring to:

776.041 Use of force by aggressor.—The justification described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who:

(1) Is attempting to commit, committing, or escaping after the commission of, a forcible felony; or

(2) Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself, unless:

(a) Such force is so great that the person reasonably believes that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and that he or she has exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm to the assailant; or

(b) In good faith, the person withdraws from physical contact with the assailant and indicates clearly to the assailant that he or she desires to withdraw and terminate the use of force, but the assailant continues or resumes the use of force.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Protesters who set up camp in the state Capitol building earlier this week finally got to meet with Gov. Rick Scott late Thursday, and they urged him to push for the repeal of Florida's "stand-your-ground" law and to take steps to combat racial profiling.

In a conference room near his office suite, Scott met for nearly an hour with seven leaders of the protest, which began Tuesday. .....

Saying the 17-year-old's death happened on Scott's watch, the protesters renewed their request that the Republican governor call state legislators into special session to repeal the law which justifies the use of deadly force when a person's life is in danger.

"There has to be a comprehensive approach to make sure every child in Florida can feel safe again," Gabriel Pendas told the governor.

Scott listened intently and took copious notes on a yellow legal pad.

giveawaystickersketch.jpg

But at the end of the meeting he told them directly that he supported keeping the "stand-your-ground" law intact and he would not call a special session.

Rick Scott Refuses To Budge On 'Stand Your Ground' After Meeting With Protesters

And these protesters are OBVIOUSLY Ignorant of these FACTS! 200 cases since 2005!
And who benefits MORE from the SYG??? BLACKS!!!
The Tampa Bay Times used media reports, court records and interviews with prosecutors and attorneys to identify more than 200 “stand your ground” cases across Florida. The list, though incomplete, is the most comprehensive in the state and likely includes most fatal cases.
Stand your ground law, Trayvon Martin and a shocking legacy | Tampa Bay Times

PEOPLE you are being PLAYED!
Keep this up and MORE BLACKS will go to prison under repeal of SYG!!!
Over half the blacks in Florida's "Stand Your Ground" (SYG) cases are declared "justified".

Look at the pictures and see the FACTS!
So all of you idiots again slobbering at the mainstream media pumping this over hyped case will find INSTEAD of
HELPING you will be convicting MORE blacks!

of 44 accused Blacks in FL SYG cases, 24 justified; if SYG repealed convicted!
View attachment 26877

And in 40 cases where Black shooting blacks under SYG, 25 were justified or 62%!
View attachment 26878

So these protesters want MORE Blacks to be convicted????

Excuse me, but you're bringing up race, not me. Do you see the words "Black" or "Negro" anywhere in my post?

Your rant is extremely revealing about you, not my post.

In fact, I'd say you are race-baiting.

your OP brings up race retard

And these protesters are OBVIOUSLY Ignorant of these FACTS! 200 cases since 2005!
And who benefits MORE from the SYG??? BLACKS!!!
The Tampa Bay Times used media reports, court records and interviews with prosecutors and attorneys to identify more than 200 “stand your ground” cases across Florida. The list, though incomplete, is the most comprehensive in the state and likely includes most fatal cases.

PEOPLE you are being PLAYED!
Keep this up and MORE BLACKS will go to prison under repeal of SYG!!!
Over half the blacks in Florida's "Stand Your Ground" (SYG) cases are declared "justified".

Look at the pictures and see the FACTS!
So all of you idiots again slobbering at the mainstream media pumping this over hyped case will find INSTEAD of
HELPING you will be convicting MORE blacks!

View attachment 26877

And in 40 cases where Black shooting blacks under SYG, 25 were justified or 62%!
View attachment 26878

So these protesters want MORE Blacks to be convicted????

Excuse me, but you're bringing up race, not me. Do you see the words "Black" or "Negro" anywhere in my post?

Apparently she forgot she mentioned racial profiling.

Or more likely she has no clue what was in the OP because she cut and pasted it.

I didn't have to "think" about them. Those particular Florida laws were explained to me first hand by an attorney, not the media.

Florida's self defense laws do not allow for an aggressor or aggressive acts to be considered prior to an altercation that results in a shooting. The "but not for...." aspect is not honored. That means that Zimmerman following and confronting Martin could not weigh into the jury's decision. Whatever Zimmerman said that taunted the kid could not be considered. Zimmerman's violation of HOA rules forbidding guns to be carried by Watch volunteers could not be considered.

And please....don't give me that crap about Zimmerman not confronting Martin. Even the jury has used the very same word to describe what happened. B-37 blabbed it to Anderson Cooper.

What's amusing about this is you somehow think being told something is superior to thinking. That's the problem with many progressives like yourself. you want to be told what you should think instead of finding out for yourself.

Oh so you want to ignore the facts about the case because you want to claim Zimmerman confronted Martin when we have no evidence to support that and the circumstantial evidence points to the exact opposite. How convenient. Why would we actually want to discuss the facts in this case. No we should discuss the HOA rules which are completely irrelevant to this case instead. Because somehow the HOA rules have the abiltity to strip people of their right to self defense.

And whatever attorney told you about those laws, is a complete ignoramus since stand your ground doesn't apply to the Zimmerman case.

B-37 said on air that SYG was used in their consideration. Or did you conveniently overlook that little nugget?

This is really good: ""What's amusing about this is you somehow think being told something is superior to thinking."" When you talk to your CPA, doctor or attorney do you listen and ask questions or just "think"?

I "think" you "think" you know everything and every time you post it shows. You are an expert on everything, I see. Me? I tend to read and ask a lot of questions.

i don't believe you

cite it or stfu

THIS is from a COURT DOCUMENT:

Order Denying Defendants Motion for Immunity and Motion to Dismiss

[Gray] moved to the living room where his children were. Subsequently, [Alexander] emerged from the master bedroom and went into the garage where her car was parked. [Alexander] testified she was trying to leave the residence but could not get the garage door to open. (The Court notes that despite [Alexander's] claim she was in fear for her life at that point and trying to get away from [Gray], she did not leave the house through the back or front doors which were unobstructed. Additionally, the garage door had worked previously and there was no evidence to support her claim.) [Alexander] then retrieved her firearm from the glove box of the vehicle. [Alexander] returned to the kitchen with the firearm in her hand and pointed it in the direction of all three victims. [Gray] put his hands in the air. [Alexander] shot at [Gray], barely missing his head. The bullet traveled through the kitchen wall and into the ceiling in the living room. The victims fled the residence and immediately called 911. [Alexander] stayed in the marital home and at no point called 911.

See that little bit where the document says the bullet went into the ceiling? after barely missing gray's head

That's what the lying scumbags in the DISGUSTING FILTH of the LSM are focusing on.

NOT on the fact that the bullet barely missed Gray and that the children were right next to him.

God help me but I hate dimocraps.

All of them. Lying motherfuckers to the last.

They want to talk about about Marissa's sentence is too harsh? Hell yeah, I believe that it is, too.

But then, they'll lie about it's their fault for forcing us to pass a stupid 10-20-Life bill.

dimocraps lie.

It's what they do.

And now that I've put this one to bed. I guess there's not much else to do but to tackle the next lying dimocrap scumbag.

They all lie. Every last one of them.

It's uncomfortable hating people as much as I do.

But the truth is... They deserve it. And much, much worse

Or more likely she has no clue what was in the OP because she cut and pasted it.

When I was a little boy I was watching a Gold Fish swim in circles endlessly around a small fishbowl.

I told my Father, "Dad, isn't it cruel to keep that little fish in a little tiny fishbowl?"

He told me, "See that fish? By the time he makes one circle around the fish bowl, he's already forgotten he was there three seconds ago because that's all the memory a fish like that has."

dimocraps are like goldfish

I thought the OP was an "attaboy Rick Scott" copy/paste.

Stand your ground is sound in concept; people have a right to defend themselves outside the home very bit as mich as they do inside.

No amout of liberal whining about a kid who died because of his own actions will change that.

"....a kid"? Better check on the latest one, bub. Her name is Marissa Alexander and she's serving a 20 year term for protecting herself against an estranged husband who had battered her on prior occasions.

Lesson No. 1: Florida is one fucked up state because it is run by rednecks who are sock-puppets for the NRA.

She's not serving a sentence because of the stand your ground law. She's serving a 20 sentence because she fired a gun wildly without regard as to who she might kill. She is lucky that her wild shot din't kill someone five miles away. It would be murder and a life sentence.

As the trial showed neither stand your ground or racial profiling played a part in what happened.

Self defense did and that is what they want to end. The woman who was murdered at the bakery... that's the preferred outcome.

Forum List

Back