Governor Scott Meets with Stand Your Ground Protestors

She's serving a 20 year sentence because she shot a gun randomly without regard as to the danger shooting that gun posed to others. She could not be said to take advantage of stand your ground laws, because she left the scene, got her gun, then returned as the aggressor.

You are not entitled to your own facts.

Facts and sublety are lost on the brain dead libs.
Yes, she was clearly not in fear of death or severe bodily harm, unlike Zimmerman.

Fact: You act as though you were there with Zimmerman, and you were not a witness.
Fact: The only witness is dead.
Fact: The decision by the jury had to be made because of Florida's gun laws, not because Zimmerman proved his innocence.
Fact: Zimmerman did not take the stand. What was he hiding?

Secondly,
Fact: Alexander had a restraining order filed and standing with the court, meaning the judge GRANTED it to her because
Fact: she PROVED her husband had battered her on two previous occasions.

So what would you two knuckleheads have her do? Wait to get beat up a 3rd time?

Only witness is dead? odd considering he testified that Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman and Zimmerman was yelling for help. Why exactly do you conveniently ignore what he said?

The jury had to make the decision because the State didn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt their case. There were no gun laws involved in the case.

Choosing to exercise your constitutional right to remain silent doesn't mean you are hiding anything. As a matter of law you are not allowed to even consider that a person exercising their right is hiding anything. There was simply no point to get on the stand when his story is already out there for the jury to hear.

As for what I'd have her do, how about enforce the restraining order instead of trying to kill her husband and recklessly placing her children in danger. There was no self defense in the case because he was in a totally different room from her. She left the situation and came back with a gun. That's not stand your ground. It's not self defense. It's attempted murder or aggrevated assault at the least.

Stop being so ignorant. If you want to understand the legal system and why laws are a certain way, study them. Think about them. Don't just spout every stupid thing that comes to your mind and pretend you know something. You don't. And you are either completely ignorant or you are trying to deliberately lie about it. Im giving you the benefit of the doubt.

She's serving a 20 year sentence because she shot a gun randomly without regard as to the danger shooting that gun posed to others. She could not be said to take advantage of stand your ground laws, because she left the scene, got her gun, then returned as the aggressor.

Yes, she was clearly not in fear of death or severe bodily harm, unlike Zimmerman.

Fact: You act as though you were there with Zimmerman, and you were not a witness.
Fact: The decision by the jury had to be made because of Florida's gun laws, not because Zimmerman proved his innocence.

Secondly,
Fact: Alexander had a restraining order filed and standing with the court, meaning the judge GRANTED it to her because

Fact: There were two witnesses, one is still living.
Fact: The jury decided on the basis of self defense laws that are the same in all 50 states. Stand your ground played no role in it.
Fact: Zimmerman's statements were in evidence and he had nothing to hide. You are reaching for straws.

Fact: IN the other case she had to be in fear at the time she shot. She clearly was not in such fear. Your ignorance of self defense laws is showing.

"....a kid"? Better check on the latest one, bub. Her name is Marissa Alexander and she's serving a 20 year term for protecting herself against an estranged husband who had battered her on prior occasions.

Lesson No. 1: Florida is one fucked up state because it is run by rednecks who are sock-puppets for the NRA.

That is a lie, she is serving 20 years because she retreated and returned with a gun, she was offered 3 years in a plea bargain and refused it. Lying to attempt to bolster your case does just the opposite, just shows your ignorance.

Why did she have a gun in the first place?
You ignoramuses are going to do what you always do, read the headlines and decide.
It's why the GOP is imploding.

Because she went and got it in order to shot her husband.

What is a "stand your ground protester"? Someone who wishes you would go away when they break into your home? Are the fascists going to determine which citizen has the right to stand his ground? It's no secret that the Police can't be everywhere. Should a jewelry store owner have to abandon his shop when thugs break in? Should a mother have to abandon her children when thugs break into her home?

"....a kid"? Better check on the latest one, bub. Her name is Marissa Alexander and she's serving a 20 year term for protecting herself against an estranged husband who had battered her on prior occasions.

Lesson No. 1: Florida is one fucked up state because it is run by rednecks who are sock-puppets for the NRA.

That is a lie, she is serving 20 years because she retreated and returned with a gun, she was offered 3 years in a plea bargain and refused it. Lying to attempt to bolster your case does just the opposite, just shows your ignorance.

Why did she have a gun in the first place?
You ignoramuses are going to do what you always do, read the headlines and decide.
It's why the GOP is imploding.

How about you tell me, why did she have the gun in the first place? I don't claim to be a freaking mind reader.

What is a "stand your ground protester"? Someone who wishes you would go away when they break into your home? Are the fascists going to determine which citizen has the right to stand his ground? It's no secret that the Police can't be everywhere. Should a jewelry store owner have to abandon his shop when thugs break in? Should a mother have to abandon her children when thugs break into her home?

The low information brain dead left things "Stand your ground" means you can shoot children indiscriminately. Seriously.

320sw0sw7847.gif

^^dimocraps^^

The lives of children, (used in a VERY broad sense) when they put the lives of others in danger has to be protected.
They are, just like everyone elses - self-defense has a set of narrow parameters, which apply to everyone.

We can't have people running around thinking they have the right to put an end to a violent black person attacking them.
Everyone does indeed have that right, presuming that doing so falls withing the parameters of self-defense.

Stand your ground is sound in concept; people have a right to defend themselves outside the home very bit as mich as they do inside.

No amout of liberal whining about a kid who died because of his own actions will change that.

Nothing here diminishes the soundness of what I said.
I therefore accept your concession of the point.

Stand your ground is sound in concept; people have a right to defend themselves outside the home very bit as mich as they do inside.

No amout of liberal whining about a kid who died because of his own actions will change that.

Nothing here diminishes the soundness of what I said.
I therefore accept your concession of the point.

Nothing ever will. She doesn't have the ability to diminish the soundness of anything you said. If she did, she would.

Stand your ground is insane and harkens back to the days of "Frontier Justice".

Even John Wayne movies didn't back up "Stand your ground".

Check em out. When entering a town, you had to give your shootin' iron to the big man.

That turn in your shootin iron concept mostly applied in railhead boom towns where violence was out of control.

BTW, in the movie "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance", John Wayne shot Liberty Valance from across the street while Liberty was attempting to shoot Jimmy Stewart. In "Stagecoach", John Wayne went looking for the bad guys in a drive for vengence. So, you don't know what you are talking about.

Stand your ground has absolutely nothing to do with guns. It is an expansion of regular self defense laws, and removes the requirement to retreat from danger, if retreat is possible. That is all it does.

Pure self defense, such as the defense in the Zimmerman case, is a common law concept that is as old as civilization. No one is required to allow another to take their life or do serious bodily harm to them. You can fight back, and you can use anything that you can get your hands on to do so.

Secondly,

Only witness is dead? odd considering he testified that Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman and Zimmerman was yelling for help. Why exactly do you conveniently ignore what he said?

The jury had to make the decision because the State didn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt their case. There were no gun laws involved in the case.

Choosing to exercise your constitutional right to remain silent doesn't mean you are hiding anything. As a matter of law you are not allowed to even consider that a person exercising their right is hiding anything. There was simply no point to get on the stand when his story is already out there for the jury to hear.

As for what I'd have her do, how about enforce the restraining order instead of trying to kill her husband and recklessly placing her children in danger.

There was no self defense in the case because he was in a totally different room from her. She left the situation and came back with a gun. That's not stand your ground. It's not self defense. It's attempted murder or aggrevated assault at the least.

Stop being so ignorant. If you want to understand the legal system and why laws are a certain way, study them. Think about them.

I didn't have to "think" about them. Those particular Florida laws were explained to me first hand by an attorney, not the media. An attorney who READ them.

Florida's self defense laws do not allow for an aggressor or aggressive acts to be considered prior to an altercation that results in a shooting. The "but not for...." aspect is not honored. That means that Zimmerman following and confronting Martin could not weigh into the jury's decision. Whatever Zimmerman said that taunted the kid could not be considered. Zimmerman's violation of HOA rules forbidding guns to be carried by Watch volunteers could not be considered.

And please....don't give me that crap about Zimmerman not confronting Martin. Even the jury has used the very same word to describe what happened. B-37 blabbed it to Anderson Cooper.

Last edited:

You're a liar. Or you're stupid enough to believe and re-post a liar.

In either case, you're stupid and you're pushing totally false information.

BTW, I posted on this several days ago. That it would come up.

I was right. As usual.

And dimocraps lie.

As usual.

Don't want to be called a liar? Don't post lies. Doubt EVERYTHING you glean from the DISGUSTING FILTH in the Lame Stream Media.

They're run by dimocraps and, as we all know...

dimocraps lie.

Five will get you ten that Governor Scott steps in and commutes her sentence.

It was almost certainty before this but now that dimocrap scum are lying about her, he may let her rot in prison until he leaves Office.

Which is gonna be a while.

Stand your ground is insane and harkens back to the days of "Frontier Justice".
Think so?
Present an argument to that effect that does not stand on emotion, ignorance and/or dishionesty.
Of course, we both know you cannot do this, so you will not even try.
No response?
Just as I predicted.

I didn't have to "think" about them. Those particular Florida laws were explained to me first hand by an attorney, not the media.

Florida's self defense laws do not allow for an aggressor or aggressive acts to be considered prior to an altercation that results in a shooting. The "but not for...." aspect is not honored. That means that Zimmerman following and confronting Martin could not weigh into the jury's decision. Whatever Zimmerman said that taunted the kid could not be considered. Zimmerman's violation of HOA rules forbidding guns to be carried by Watch volunteers could not be considered.

And please....don't give me that crap about Zimmerman not confronting Martin. Even the jury has used the very same word to describe what happened. B-37 blabbed it to Anderson Cooper.

What's amusing about this is you somehow think being told something is superior to thinking. That's the problem with many progressives like yourself. you want to be told what you should think instead of finding out for yourself.

Oh so you want to ignore the facts about the case because you want to claim Zimmerman confronted Martin when we have no evidence to support that and the circumstantial evidence points to the exact opposite. How convenient. Why would we actually want to discuss the facts in this case. No we should discuss the HOA rules which are completely irrelevant to this case instead. Because somehow the HOA rules have the abiltity to strip people of their right to self defense.

And whatever attorney told you about those laws, is a complete ignoramus since stand your ground doesn't apply to the Zimmerman case.

Secondly,

They each had restraining orders/injunctions against the other--'no violent contact'--because of shared custody of a child or children.

She had given birth 9 days before the incident--surprised that some sort of PPD/post partum depression defense wasn't included. Mandatory-minimums seem to be the greater issue here.

Those who have the time should devote their lives to this cause or any other cause they choose. I marvel that so many seem to have this sort of time.
~~~~~~
GZ didn't need to take the stand his version(s) of the story were introduced by the prosecution. No matter how many times I try to identify 'the lies'--I am never successful. For one reason, I randomly click on a channel and whatever they are presenting at the time is all I have to review --not really 'a lot'. I now believe I have seen the interview of juror B37 6-10 times. Interviews with the parents 3/4 x in one day. And an assortment of interviews with random people expressing a full spectrum of opinions. Does this do much good--No.

Last edited:

You're a liar. Or you're stupid enough to believe and re-post a liar.

In either case, you're stupid and you're pushing totally false information.

BTW, I posted on this several days ago. That it would come up.

I was right. As usual.

And dimocraps lie.

As usual.

Don't want to be called a liar? Don't post lies. Doubt EVERYTHING you glean from the DISGUSTING FILTH in the Lame Stream Media.

They're run by dimocraps and, as we all know...

dimocraps lie.

Five will get you ten that Governor Scott steps in and commutes her sentence.

It was almost certainty before this but now that dimocrap scum are lying about her, he may let her rot in prison until he leaves Office.

Which is gonna be a while.

Wow, what a profoundly literate and learned response.

My attorney friend's name is not Lame Stream Media. But he is capable of reading and interpreting state law. You? Didn't think so. But you sure got the low-brow redneck slang down pat.

Wow, what a profoundly literate and learned response.

My attorney friend's name is not Lame Stream Media. But he is capable of reading and interpreting state law. You? Didn't think so. But you sure got the low-brow redneck slang down pat.

Yeah, but you aren't. So maybe when you are you can try to comment like you know something. Until then, stop being so ignorant.

Oh and the beauty of the law is anyone can read it and understand it if they THINK.

Florida's self defense laws do not allow for an aggressor or aggressive acts to be considered prior to an altercation that results in a shooting. The "but not for...." aspect is not honored.
You know you cannot show this statement to be true.

Last edited:
I didn't have to "think" about them. Those particular Florida laws were explained to me first hand by an attorney, not the media.

What's amusing about this is you somehow think being told something is superior to thinking. That's the problem with many progressives like yourself. you want to be told what you should think instead of finding out for yourself.

Oh so you want to ignore the facts about the case because you want to claim Zimmerman confronted Martin when we have no evidence to support that and the circumstantial evidence points to the exact opposite. How convenient. Why would we actually want to discuss the facts in this case. No we should discuss the HOA rules which are completely irrelevant to this case instead. Because somehow the HOA rules have the abiltity to strip people of their right to self defense.

And whatever attorney told you about those laws, is a complete ignoramus since stand your ground doesn't apply to the Zimmerman case.

B-37 said on air that SYG was used in their consideration. Or did you conveniently overlook that little nugget?

This is really good: ""What's amusing about this is you somehow think being told something is superior to thinking."" When you talk to your CPA, doctor or attorney do you listen and ask questions or just "think"?

I "think" you "think" you know everything and every time you post it shows. You are an expert on everything, I see. Me? I tend to read and ask a lot of questions.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back