GPS is a form of search if applied to a person or their property

U.S. Supreme Court If You re Being GPS-Tracked You re Being Searched - Yahoo Finance

If it is ruled an unreasonable search, which it has not as of yet, does that also mean all the laws that prevent convicted sex offenders from living in certain places are out too?

Not a clue. If someone has completed their sentence and is no longer on parole, can the state mandate where they live at all? A little tricky there, though I understand the implications. We shall have to see.

U.S. Supreme Court If You re Being GPS-Tracked You re Being Searched - Yahoo Finance

If it is ruled an unreasonable search, which it has not as of yet, does that also mean all the laws that prevent convicted sex offenders from living in certain places are out too?
It's a fact that we're being tracked. I split my time between Charlotte and Ft. Worth and when my car is near due for a maintenence check I'll get an E-mail from the Toyota dealer in the city I'm at and it will say something like "Your Toyota has 19, 687 miles accumulated and you will be due for a check in 313 miles." I'll go out and look at the odometer and it will read 19,687 miles. And they know my location. Same with cell and wireless phones. Sammy knows where we're at.

Forum List

Back