Granny Get Your Gun!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Just one more reason to fall in love with America.

Grandmother with AK-47 saves cops being attacked by street gang

The Article Linked said:
Los Angeles| Officers of the LAPD received some totally unexpected backup yesterday, during a fire fight with local gang members in the Watts neighbourhood, as an elderly lady with an assault rifle showed up and scared the criminals away.

Click the link... There's a photo of her :thup:

I wonder where she goes to practice her shooting skills and assault maneuvers.

:dunno:

EDIT: A member whose opinion on the matter I trust reports on page 2 that this story is a hoax.

:eusa_doh:

Last edited:
Granny has earned her right to be pictured in this thread.
grandmaak47.jpg

May G-d bless and keep her. My congrats Granny.

For a brief moment when I saw the thread title, I was thinking, "Me??!! What fresh new hell is this going to be for me?" THIS Granny doesn't have a gun, but good for the Granny who does!!

For a brief moment when I saw the thread title, I was thinking, "Me??!! What fresh new hell is this going to be for me?" THIS Granny doesn't have a gun, but good for the Granny who does!!
She knew what she was doing. From the link...
"Fortunately for them, 79-year old Wendy Robinson was watching the events from her kitchen window and decided to intervene. The elderly woman equipped herself with her personal bulletproof vest and an AK-47 assault rifle, and ran to the officers’ rescue, firing more than 160 rounds in the direction of the assailants, injuring two of them."

She is holding an SKS with a 30 round mag so in order to fire 160 shots she had to do FOUR mag changes UNDER FIRE. And she hit two.

She is holding an SKS with a 30 round mag so in order to fire 160 shots she had to do FOUR mag changes UNDER FIRE. And she hit two.
That's not an SKS.
But good for her!
P1090386-1.jpg

SKS pictures here...sks pictures - Google Search

AKMS_and_AK-47_DD-ST-85-01270.jpg

AK-47 pictures here....
ak-47 pictures - Google Search

It's definitely an AK...
The crappy safety lever gives it away.
Once I double checked I agree. Just a passing glance a person can miss it.

Just one more reason to fall in love with America.

Grandmother with AK-47 saves cops being attacked by street gang

The Article Linked said:
Los Angeles| Officers of the LAPD received some totally unexpected backup yesterday, during a fire fight with local gang members in the Watts neighbourhood, as an elderly lady with an assault rifle showed up and scared the criminals away.

Click the link... There's a photo of her :thup:

I wonder where she goes to practice her shooting skills and assault maneuvers.

:dunno:

Good for her and those officers should be armed like she is.

All those thugs had to see was someone with an AK and they took off. Sure leveled that playing field.

:iagree:

The cops should have ready access in the field to weaponry at least as sophisticated as what is likely to be encountered on the streets they serve on.

^^^ If it really didn't happen, dang!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I wouldn't be surprised if something like this has really happened at some point though. People that woman's age know what to be prepared for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back