Great Lakes to Disappear

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
That, according to climate change experts. A little over a year ago, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan were 29' below average.

Oh horror of horrors!

Oops. What's going on here?

Lakes Michigan, Huron and Superior are at least a foot higher than they were a year ago, and are expected to rise three more inches over the next month. Lake Ontario and Lake Erie are seven to nine inches higher than a year ago.

I don't understand this. One after another “expert prediction” seems to be lacking in truth? How can this be? :eusa_whistle:

Read more @ Lake Superior, the Great Lakes and Europe Defy Climate Experts WITH LINKS

All that rise happening in the face of MASSIVE thermal contraction of the water.
For SeaLevelRise -- thermal expansion is more than 30% of what we're seeing in recent history.

Science edicts have been too quick and easy when the only enviro issue was "Global Warming". Scientists get lazy and stupid when all the skeptics have been gagged and neutralized..

I don't understand this. One after another “expert prediction” seems to be lacking in truth? How can this be? :eusa_whistle:

Because you're just wildly misrepresenting them.

As usual. It's really quite boring. Deniers stink at science and refuse to do it, so they have to rely entirely on misrepresentations and conspiracy theories.

As usual. It's really quite boring. Deniers stink at science and refuse to do it, so they have to rely entirely on misrepresentations and conspiracy theories.

what was misrepresented in this thread?

The claim that there was a claim the great lakes would disappear soon was a misrepresentation, given that nobody made a claim that the great lakes would disappear soon.

That, according to climate change experts. A little over a year ago, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan were 29' below average.

Oh horror of horrors!

Oops. What's going on here?

Lakes Michigan, Huron and Superior are at least a foot higher than they were a year ago, and are expected to rise three more inches over the next month. Lake Ontario and Lake Erie are seven to nine inches higher than a year ago.

Read more @ Lake Superior, the Great Lakes and Europe Defy Climate Experts WITH LINKS

Source of that prediction?

All that rise happening in the face of MASSIVE thermal contraction of the water.
For SeaLevelRise -- thermal expansion is more than 30% of what we're seeing in recent history.

Science edicts have been too quick and easy when the only enviro issue was "Global Warming". Scientists get lazy and stupid when all the skeptics have been gagged and neutralized..

Yea, scientists are lazy and stupid.

The truth is, they retreat from stupid. To be a modern scientist takes years and years. You have to study your field decades to become a premier scientist in that field because there is so much you have to learn first. Scientist get tired of being called stupid from right wing corn huskers. Even the corn the right wing grows comes from scientific research.

To Decode the Mystery of Corn, Smithsonian Scientists Recreate Earth as it Was 10,000 Years Ago | At the Smithsonian | Smithsonian

We won't go into how corn is altered to fight parasites. It's not something farmers could do, ever.

The truth is, they retreat from stupid. To be a modern scientist takes years and years. You have to study your field decades to become a premier scientist in that field because there is so much you have to learn first. Scientist get tired of being called stupid from right wing corn huskers. Even the corn the right wing grows comes from scientific research.

To Decode the Mystery of Corn, Smithsonian Scientists Recreate Earth as it Was 10,000 Years Ago | At the Smithsonian | Smithsonian

We won't go into how corn is altered to fight parasites. It's not something farmers could do, ever.

More CO2 is good for plants.

"Piperno, Klaus and their team were also interested in seeing how a noticeable spike in temperature and CO2 that occurred between the late Pleistocene and Holocene eras may have influenced plant productivity, and could help to explain a possible reason for why agriculture began during that time and not before."

Read more: History, Travel, Arts, Science, People, Places | Smithsonian

"Piperno, Klaus and their team were also interested in seeing how a noticeable spike in temperature and CO2 that occurred between the late Pleistocene and Holocene eras may have influenced plant productivity, and could help to explain a possible reason for why agriculture began during that time and not before."

Scientists say the plants grow faster but they are less nutritious. We've been down that road before.

Scientists say the plants grow faster but they are less nutritious. We've been down that road before.

So, you didn't read the article before you posted it

You got me. I didn't. Usually I do. But what I said is still true.

You got me. I didn't. Usually I do. But what I said is still true.

thwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwt LoSiNg

High CO2 Makes Crops Less Nutritious

Climate change could increase deficiencies in zinc and iron, new study suggests.

History, Travel, Arts, Science, People, Places | Smithsonian

New research shows that the nutrition of those crops may decline. Several crop species grown in an environment that had atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations like those expected in 2050 had lower levels of two important nutrients, zinc and iron, researchers report today in Nature.

Higher CO2 threatens human nutrition - study

The authors found a lower zinc and iron content in a wide range of major food crops including wheat, rice, peas and soy beans, at elevated atmospheric CO2.

“We found that elevated CO2 was associated with significant decreases in the concentrations of zinc and iron in all C3 grasses and legumes,” found the study’s 20 authors, from multiple academic institutions

Like I said.

I have a cute dog named Pepper. But Pepper wouldn't stop going in the house. I made her look at what she did and said "Bad dog". I put her face right down close to it. It only took a few times and she learned.

Deniers and liars, you are a liar.

Science, people who make outrageous claims, one after another, never proving their claims yet they make a fat secure living doin so. At beautiful university campuses all across the country.

A nice gig. Fooling the fools.

In the near future, Giant wasps will fly around and eat humans. They will eat newborn babies. It's Because of global warming. Global warming is a bitch.

Forum List

Back