The death of the Libertarian Party

Choices are fine, but unrestricted trade imbalances aren't a good thing. In a good economy, we would be exporting more than we import.
That don't make no sense. You should think of exports as resources leaving your country and imports and resources coming into the country. Why is it inherently better to have more resources leaving than entering?

if you're not denying it I don't see the need.

drowning the discussion in busywork is pointless.

you don't disagree.
It's not busy work. I'm just looking for one example of these real life barter situations you claim are occurring.

I think you should be free to barter Im just curious as to who you're going to exchange chickens with for the things you need.
but you do acknowledge barter is practiced in the world.

so what's your point?

barter would leave no room for the parasite class to warp all markets to suit them with the fake money power of Keynesian totalitarianism.

but you do acknowledge barter is practiced in the world.
I will when you give me an example of it not involving currency of some sort.
so what's your point?
That you have a claim without evidence.
barter would leave no room for the parasite class to warp all markets to suit them with the fake money power of Keynesian totalitarianism.
It would also leave individuals with a more difficult task of getting the things you need.

You raise chickens so that's what you have. You need roof work done but the roof guy doesn't want chickens. He wants a new pair of shoes. So you go to the shoe guy to exchange him chickens so you can get shoes to give to the guy to fix your roof? Is that how it's going to work? How many chickens = a good shoe = roof work? What if the shoe guy doesn't want chickens?

The Libertarian Party blew it when they refused to let RFK Jr. be their nominee. This would have been a win-win and would have put the party on the mainstream map.

True, RFK Jr. is not a pure libertarian, but he's a heck of a lot closer to libertarian views than Biden is. In point of fact, RFK Jr. holds many conservative views. Most of his liberal views involve environmental issues.

I will when you give me an example of it not involving currency of some sort.

That you have a claim without evidence.

It would also leave individuals with a more difficult task of getting the things you need.

You raise chickens so that's what you have. You need roof work done but the roof guy doesn't want chickens. He wants a new pair of shoes. So you go to the shoe guy to exchange him chickens so you can get shoes to give to the guy to fix your roof? Is that how it's going to work? How many chickens = a good shoe = roof work? What if the shoe guy doesn't want chickens?
like I said, Keynesian totalitarians like you are against barter.

barter leaves no room for the do nothing financial class.

like I said, Keynesian totalitarians like you are against barter.

barter leaves no room for the do nothing financial class.
Why would I be for something you can't even explain or provide working examples of?

1714816932866.png

So, who you voting for, and what effect to you think that will have?

Not sure at this point, was going to be the LP nominee, but that is unlikely.

My vote for POTUS will have no effect whatsoever. In my state I will join the 2.4 million people that do not vote for Biden, knowing our vote is wasted.

The Libertarian Party blew it when they refused to let RFK Jr. be their nominee. This would have been a win-win and would have put the party on the mainstream map.

True, RFK Jr. is not a pure libertarian, but he's a heck of a lot closer to libertarian views than Biden is. In point of fact, RFK Jr. holds many conservative views. Most of his liberal views involve environmental issues.

No, he isn't. Not even close. He is as far or farther from being libertarian/Libertarian than Trump, Biden, Bill Barr, or Bill Weld.

do you deny barter exists then? I wasn't clear on that.

deny it plainly. say "barter doesn't exist" and I'll get you an example.

The fact that barter exist, does not mean there no room for the do financial class.

On a purely barter system without anyone in-between, how does someone sitting in Ill barter with a factory in China to get the latest graphic card?

The fact that barter exist, does not mean there no room for the do financial class.

On a purely barter system without anyone in-between, how does someone sitting in Ill barter with a factory in China to get the latest graphic card?
Keynesians are against the expansion of barter.

Keynesians are against the expansion of barter.

but barter does exist. like farmers trading eggs for milk or something, right?

do you agree barter exists?

but barter does exist. like farmers trading eggs for milk or something, right?

do you agree barter exists?

Yes, of course it does.

Now, answer my question...On a purely barter system without anyone in-between, how does someone sitting in Ill barter with a factory in China to get the latest graphic card?

do you deny barter exists then? I wasn't clear on that.

deny it plainly. say "barter doesn't exist" and I'll get you an example.
I see people bartering for things in exchange for money. I don't think I've ever seen anyone barter roof work for chickens.

Yes, of course it does.

Now, answer my question...On a purely barter system without anyone in-between, how does someone sitting in Ill barter with a factory in China to get the latest graphic card?
I'm not saying we can immediately return to barter overnight. years of Keynesian manipulation and fascism have severed all the micro-connections between people.

but we can regrow them.

Forum List

Back