🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Biden plans to undermine the Supreme Court.

No. That is a check on abuses of the court.
Cannot have one without the other. Three co-equal branches that each check the powers of the others

Genius isn't it?
Define abuses? The Dred Scott decision was a shit decision but did it represent an abuse of the court's authority? And are you so ignorant of history that you don't know the 13th and 14th Amendments over rode it? All decisions by the court can be counter acted with new legislation and that new legislation will become law and be used until it's challenged back to the Supreme Court where they can do their thing and back and forth we go. Laws by Congress and decisions by the Court are never the end of the discussion in our political system.

Define abuses? The Dred Scott decision was a shit decision but did it represent an abuse of the court's authority? And are you so ignorant of history that you don't know the 13th and 14th Amendments over rode it? All decisions by the court can be counter acted with new legislation and that new legislation will be come law and be used until it's challenged back to the Supreme Court where they can do their thing and back and forth we go. Laws by Congress and decisions by the Court are never the end of the discussion in our political systems.
The wheels of justice grind slow, but fine.
It took a terrible war with Democrats to change what the ussc recognized as the reality of the day.

Pack in 1,001 judges, 500 Left wing and 501 Right wing, or vice versa. It doesn't matter which way the vote goes, the losing side will still want to pack more judges in to get the decision they want. As for ethics, just simply no gifts can be accepted or you're out. Can a supreme court judge be impeached?

Why is it no one wants to address what I actually said?

I read you say the Supreme Court was self regulating. Did you mean for self regulating to mean and Congress too? :dunno: :laugh:
the constitution is clear, 3 co-equal branches of government with checks and balances on each other, no branch is above the other 2. What you libs seem to want is for a partisan congress to rule over the supreme court. That is unconstitutional

The wheels of justice grind slow, but fine.
It took a terrible war with Democrats to change what the ussc recognized as the reality of the day.
How about you talk arguments instead of clichés? I don't even know what point your trying to make. :laugh:

the constitution is clear, 3 co-equal branches of government with checks and balances on each other, no branch is above the other 2. What you libs seem to want is for a partisan congress to rule over the supreme court. That is unconstitutional
How so? How do I want Congress to rule over the court in a way that is unconstitutional?

The supremecy of the court in determining the meaning of the constitution is some John Marshall made up shit. As valid as Dred Scott.

you want to have congress enforce some kind of ethics code on the court, you want congress to be able to term limit or impeach justices that they don't like politically.
Do they not have the authority to do so through the power of legislation? What's unconstitutional about it?

no, congress cannot unilaterally amend the constitution. I thought you knew that.
Who said anything about unilaterally amending the constitution? There's a process for amending the constitution that includes Congress and the constitution already grants them the authority to impeach.

Forum List

Back