🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Biden plans to undermine the Supreme Court.

President Biden is reportedly planning to endorse major changes to the U.S. Supreme Court, including proposals for legislation to establish term limits for the justices and an enforceable ethics code, as growing outrage continues following a series of controversial decisions.

"This decision today has continued the court’s attack in recent years on a wide range of long-established legal principles in our nation, from gutting voting rights (that is a lie) and civil rights (that is a lie) to taking away a woman’s right to choose (that is a lie), to today’s decision that undermines the rule of law of this nation,(that is a lie)" Biden said in public remarks later that day.

Comment:
Our constitution was designed to protect the citizens from a tyrannical government.
The Supreme Court is trying to protect us from the lawless Democrat Party.
They are not saving "democracy", they want a one-party dictatorship.
The corrupt Democrat Party can't operate within the bounds of our constitution; therefore, they are trying to destroy the balance of power between the Executive branch, Legislative branch and Judicial branch.
This is very dangerous; they will create a totalitarian police state.
Biden is using the constitution and legal process to impose ethical standards and terms for SCOTUS. Nothing undermining about it. That’s how our system is supposed to work

Back atcha. Have a great day and please wear your helmet
I'm having a great one. Still waiting for the one of you still attempting an argument to see if they can counter me. Unlikely given the ground they've chosen to argue from :laugh:

While I support an ethics code you most certainly need more than simple accusations to dismiss someone.
Of course you need more than simple accusations. Did you think Biden was proposing being able to dismiss scotus judges based solely on accusations?

Of course you need more than simple accusations. Did you think Biden was proposing being able to dismiss scotus judges based solely on accusations?

I wasn't discussing Biden. I was discussing what other participants said. Follow along.

If you can cut paste you can read it.
Now get some help understanding it cletus
I did. you did not evidently.
you want to have congress enforce some kind of ethics code on the court, you want congress to be able to term limit or impeach justices that they don't like politically.
They already do.
Biden is using the constitution and legal process to impose ethical standards and terms for SCOTUS. Nothing undermining about it. That’s how our system is supposed to work
Ethical codes are also used as a structure from when a justice should recuse themselves from a case.

Who said anything about unilaterally amending the constitution? There's a process for amending the constitution that includes Congress and the constitution already grants them the authority to impeach.
the constitution can only be amended by a vote of 3/4 of the states. Congress cannot do it and Biden certainly cannot do it. yes, they can impeach any federal employee except a member of the supreme court because the constitution says those appointments are for life and it would have to be amended to change that.

I agree with the one aspect. The court needs an ethics policy. I've long stated that I support leaving the court at 9,
which justice has done something unethical and what did he or she do? you obviously think one or more of them have been bribed, who and when?

President Biden is reportedly planning to endorse major changes to the U.S. Supreme Court, including proposals for legislation to establish term limits for the justices and an enforceable ethics code, as growing outrage continues following a series of controversial decisions.

"This decision today has continued the court’s attack in recent years on a wide range of long-established legal principles in our nation, from gutting voting rights (that is a lie) and civil rights (that is a lie) to taking away a woman’s right to choose (that is a lie), to today’s decision that undermines the rule of law of this nation,(that is a lie)" Biden said in public remarks later that day.

Comment:
Our constitution was designed to protect the citizens from a tyrannical government.
The Supreme Court is trying to protect us from the lawless Democrat Party.
They are not saving "democracy", they want a one-party dictatorship.
The corrupt Democrat Party can't operate within the bounds of our constitution; therefore, they are trying to destroy the balance of power between the Executive branch, Legislative branch and Judicial branch.
This is very dangerous; they will create a totalitarian police state.
So, I guess you don't stand with your fellow republicans in congress that agrees with him.

the constitution can only be amended by a vote of 3/4 of the states. Congress cannot do it and Biden certainly cannot do it.
I said there is a process for amending the constitution that includes Congress. Was I wrong?

https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/essay/artV-1/ALDE_00000507/

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.
yes, they can impeach any federal employee except a member of the supreme court because the constitution says those appointments are for life and it would have to be amended to change that.
They can and have already impeached a Supreme Court Justice, he just wasn't convicted in the Senate. The requirement of good behavior allows them to removed for bad behavior.

Forum List

Back