‘Great State of Kansas’

not being from here you wouldnt understand,,,so I forgive you for your ignorance,,,

I don't need to be from there, I know the KS Chiefs play in Missouri and so does every other football fan.

are you saying youve talked to every NFL fan on the planet???

Have you?

youre the one that claimed it not me,,,

So only people from Missouri, knows that the Kansas City Chiefs actually play in Missouri.

thats not what I said,,,

Kansas City overlaps both states. My mother was born in Kansas City, KS.
So Trump was still correct. But he should be impeached for being accurate.

So is there only 1 mayor that governors in both states?

we've already been through this,,so stop being a dumbass,,,

The dumbass is you Trump Humpers still trying to defend that Trump didn't know what state the Kansas City Chiefs play in.

The dumbass is you Trump Humpers still trying to defend that Trump didn't know what state the Kansas City Chiefs play in.

its a common mistake,,,if you lived here you would know that

I don't need to live there and if you are going to get on national television don't you think that is something you should be sure of.

I don't need to live there and if you are going to get on national television don't you think that is something you should be sure of.

when did he get on national tv and say it???

The Washington (DC) Redskins play in Maryland.

I don't think it's that big of a deal, maybe he doesn't really care that much for football. An honest mistake, especially as the metropolitan area is in two states. It's not like he's crazy for making that mistake.

What is pretty disturbing though, is that Trump thinks stealth planes are really invisible to the naked eye.

Also note in the second video "Marilyn Lockheed", like "Tim Apple".

No, it does not. Kansas City Kansas is a separate entity from Kansas City Missouri. Neither "overlaps" the other.

The Washington (DC) Redskins play in Maryland.

That's fascinating. Absolutely riveting. Why don't you link us to some doofus congratulating the people of Virginia after the Skins miraculously won something.

Wrong. Kansas City MO is separately incorporated (meaning it's a separate city), from Kansas City KS. No, it's not a single city that overlaps both states.

Wrong. Kansas City MO is separately incorporated (meaning it's a separate city), from Kansas City KS. No, it's not a single city that overlaps both states.
UMMM!! Kansas city was here before there were states and it was split when that happened,,,so yes it is one city divided by two states with separate governments in those states,,we are only that way due to a government pencil,,,

UMMM!! Kansas city was here before there were states and it was split when that happened,,,so yes it is one city divided by two states with separate governments in those states,,we are only that way due to a government pencil,,,

Are you the same imbecile that tried to sell "the same city with two separate governments" yesterday, got called on it and then ran away?

Are you the same imbecile that tried to sell "the same city with two separate governments" yesterday, got called on it and then ran away?
that what WE are,,,

Wrong. They are two separately incorporated towns.

Why is there a Kansas City in both Kansas and Missouri? | KC History

A group of 14 investors, including McCoy, formed the Town Company in 1838 to buy up property along the riverfront. This area included Westport Landing and in 1850 was incorporated as the Town of Kansas. City founders derived the name from the Kansas, or Kaw, River which was named for the Kansa Indians. The state of Missouri then incorporated the area as the City of Kansas in 1853 and renamed it Kansas City in 1889. John McCoy’s settlement, the old town of Westport, was annexed by Kansas City, Missouri, on December 2, 1897.

During this time, other settlements were developing across the river on the Kansas side in Wyandotte County. Some of these small towns incorporated as Kansas City, Kansas in 1872. By naming this town after the growing city on the Missouri side of the state line, city leaders in Kansas were able to capitalize on the success of Kansas City, Missouri. It’s also possible that the people in Wyandotte County felt that they had more right to the name “Kansas City” than the people of Missouri had.

Today Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri remain two separately incorporated cities but together, along with a number of other cities and suburbs, are part of the Kansas City Metropolitan area.

A group of 14 investors, including McCoy, formed the Town Company in 1838 to buy up property along the riverfront. This area included Westport Landing and in 1850 was incorporated as the Town of Kansas. City founders derived the name from the Kansas, or Kaw, River which was named for the Kansa Indians. The state of Missouri then incorporated the area as the City of Kansas in 1853 and renamed it Kansas City in 1889. John McCoy’s settlement, the old town of Westport, was annexed by Kansas City, Missouri, on December 2, 1897.

During this time, other settlements were developing across the river on the Kansas side in Wyandotte County. Some of these small towns incorporated as Kansas City, Kansas in 1872. By naming this town after the growing city on the Missouri side of the state line, city leaders in Kansas were able to capitalize on the success of Kansas City, Missouri. It’s also possible that the people in Wyandotte County felt that they had more right to the name “Kansas City” than the people of Missouri had.

Today Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri remain two separately incorporated cities but together, along with a number of other cities and suburbs, are part of the Kansas City Metropolitan area.

of course thats true in the legal definition,,,

of course thats true in the legal definition,,,

Wouldn't "the legal definition" PREVENT two different city governments from running a single city?

Forum List

Back