GREAT: Wages Rise Most Since 2009...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
Lowest Unemployment Rate in 18yrs, and wages going up! You go Trump! :dance:

U.S. hiring picked up in January and wages rose at the fastest annual pace since the recession ended, as the economy’s steady move toward full employment extended into 2018.

Nonfarm payrolls rose 200,000 -- compared with the median estimate of economists for a 180,000 increase -- after an upwardly revised 160,000 advance, Labor Department figures showed Friday. The jobless rate held at 4.1 percent, matching the lowest since 2000, while average hourly earnings rose a more-than-expected 2.9 percent from a year earlier, the most since June 2009...

U.S. Adds 200,000 Jobs; Wages Rise by Most Since Recession
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Did you also notice in the article (at the top), where it says the work week dropped from 34.5 hours/wk to 34.3?

How come people aren't being employed for a full 40 hour week?

Did you also notice in the article (at the top), where it says the work week dropped from 34.5 hours/wk to 34.3?

Yeah, that is a concern. But overall, this is great news for Americans.

Why is it that everyone is talking about how much money they are making? Trump himself said that it wouldn't have any effect until Feb., and this is just Feb 2, and I doubt that anyone has seen a pay increase yet.

Don't you remember that the Unaffordable Healthcare Act defined full time employment as 29 hours? I guess you forgot that didn't you?

Why is it that everyone is talking about how much money they are making? Trump himself said that it wouldn't have any effect until Feb., and this is just Feb 2, and I doubt that anyone has seen a pay increase yet.

Well, wages overall are increasing. And that is great news. It may not be great news for Communists/Democrats, but it is for most others.

There were a significant number of people that got their withholdings adjusted in January, most others will see it starting this week (since ADP just completed their 2018 adjustments) really depends on who you have doing your payroll processing.

Trump was just guesstimating when he said February since the IRS tables were released mid-January.

These people have.. Don't they count?
Walmart boosts minimum wage again, hands out $1,000 bonuses

They are only increasing the minimum wage to 11.00/hr, and the 1,000 bonuses are only for people who have worked 20 years or more. If you worked there less than 20 years, it's only a couple of hundred, and it is a one time bonus payment.

Oh..................and in your article, it also states that Wal Mart is closing 50 Sam's Club stores. How many lost jobs do you think that is?

These people have.. Don't they count?
Walmart boosts minimum wage again, hands out $1,000 bonuses

They are only increasing the minimum wage to 11.00/hr, and the 1,000 bonuses are only for people who have worked 20 years or more. If you worked there less than 20 years, it's only a couple of hundred, and it is a one time bonus payment.

Oh.............and in your article, it also states that Wal Mart is closing 50 Sam's Club stores. How many lost jobs do you think that is?
Just as a reminder what you said.
and I doubt that anyone has seen a pay increase yet.
When Sam Clubs are losing money because the employees there are walking out with merchandise, it is understandable why some stores close. When I lived in Landover(shithole) Maryland, the Sam's club closed down the street just for that reason. You can bet those 50 are in the same situation.

U.S. hiring picked up in January and wages rose at the fastest annual pace since the recession ended, as the economy’s steady move toward full employment extended into 2018.

Nonfarm payrolls rose 200,000 -- compared with the median estimate of economists for a 180,000 increase -- after an upwardly revised 160,000 advance, Labor Department figures showed Friday. The jobless rate held at 4.1 percent, matching the lowest since 2000, while average hourly earnings rose a more-than-expected 2.9 percent from a year earlier, the most since June 2009...

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

The entire corporate tax cut should have been mandated toward employee expenses.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

The entire corporate tax cut should have been mandated toward employee expenses.

Interesting.

Forum List

Back