Greece recognises Palestine

then they should stop using their children as human shields and sending missiles into Israel. *shrug*
Its not a one way street.
Yes it is, a one way street. The Palestinians need to give up their stated intention to see Israel destroyed. Israel would never have attacked any of its neighbors if they had not attacked first. I find this false equivalency absurd.
Oh dear. Israels status as a good neighbour is non existent. I accept that they are surrounded by people who are not sympathetic but they have to accept their part in the trouble.
Nonsense. Not sympathetic? "Dedicated to their destruction" is not "lacking in sympathy". I repeat, had they not been attacked, Israel would NEVER have attacked anyone.

Seriously, you think the Israelis and Arabs are at the same level of development, culturally? Do you think the people of Syria are as advanced, culturally, as the people of the UK? Everyone in the world is exactly the same? You have no respect whatsoever for Enlightenment principles?
So if you dont want both sides to sit down and talk what are you suggesting should happen ?
The first step is to recognize the situation for what it is. Negotiate? No Palestinian leader can negotiate peace, because if they do they will be killed by their own people, who have no desire for peace.

Leaders alone are not enough. They can only lead when there is a sufficient number of sophisticated people in their culture to back them up. Many people hoped the Arab Spring was an indication that that point had been reached in Arab cultures. Unfortunately, it fizzled out. When a sufficient number of lightbulbs go on over the heads of Arabs to support such an evolution, then negotiation will be possible. Otherwise, this is nothing more than the Pilgrims dealing with the Native Americans. Completely asymmetric.

Its not a one way street.
Yes it is, a one way street. The Palestinians need to give up their stated intention to see Israel destroyed. Israel would never have attacked any of its neighbors if they had not attacked first. I find this false equivalency absurd.
Oh dear. Israels status as a good neighbour is non existent. I accept that they are surrounded by people who are not sympathetic but they have to accept their part in the trouble.
Nonsense. Not sympathetic? "Dedicated to their destruction" is not "lacking in sympathy". I repeat, had they not been attacked, Israel would NEVER have attacked anyone.

Seriously, you think the Israelis and Arabs are at the same level of development, culturally? Do you think the people of Syria are as advanced, culturally, as the people of the UK? Everyone in the world is exactly the same? You have no respect whatsoever for Enlightenment principles?
So if you dont want both sides to sit down and talk what are you suggesting should happen ?
The first step is to recognize the situation for what it is. Negotiate? No Palestinian leader can negotiate peace, because if they do they will be killed by their own people, who have no desire for peace.

Leaders alone are not enough. They can only lead when there is a sufficient number of sophisticated people in their culture to back them up. Many people hoped the Arab Spring was an indication that that point had been reached in Arab cultures. Unfortunately, it fizzled out. When a sufficient number of lightbulbs go on over the heads of Arabs to support such an evolution, then negotiation will be possible. Otherwise, this is nothing more than the Pilgrims dealing with the Native Americans. Completely asymmetric.
I find that a bit depressing. I am sure there is a better way.

you can't force people to make peace. and the pals clearly don't wish to do so right now.

you can't force people to make peace. and the pals clearly don't wish to do so right now.
Your response is a bit simplistic. I dont see a desire on any side to do other than kill.

Your response is a bit simplistic. I dont see a desire on any side to do other than kill.
perhaps a different News outlet.
I do watch interviews by the BBC with Israeli officials.
The BBC is overtly anti-Israel.

Last edited:

Really? Has there ever been a better way? Should the neo-American European colonists, having seen there were people on the North American continent, said, "Sorry, we didn't know anyone was using the place" and returned back to Europe? Modernity spreads, and as it spreads it wipes out more primitive cultures. Then, after the primitive culture has been suppressed, people look back with 20-20 hindsight and say, "Geeze, I wish we could have handled that better."

Irish culture produced George Bernard Shaw, Seán O'Casey and James Joyce. They were the most advanced literary culture on the planet. They were not a bunch of primitives. They wanted independence, had the leadership to demand it, the people to back them up and have succeeded in managing a modern nation state. The Arabs wanted a single Arab state. They did not have the leadership they needed to achieve it, did not have the backing of the people of the region, who couldn't care less about statehood, and have proven to be completely incapable of running the smaller states they were given. See the difference?

I wonder when they'll "recognize" IsNtReal........ as a suburb of Manhattan ?
Israel, and the Palestinians, need to sit down and sort out a deal. What kind of future have Israeli kids got living behind a wall ?
America could sort this out tomorrow.

The Palestinians are demanding Borders that were never recognized before, some of the " 67 land" we hear so much about and " Right of Return" which would eventually annex Israel to the Palestinian State. Objectively, tell us what kind of " deal" could be made and how the U.S could solve it tomorro

I'm not convinced that that the pali's have the inclination or the ability to govern their own sufficiently to engage in peace.

This latest round consists of teenagers stabbing pregnant woman and mothers in front of their kids. Its anarchy within the mob.

The Israeli's need to take the bull by the horns and enact the legal rights available to them within the Geneva conventions.

Mass deportations of hostiles is the answer. That and throw the UNWRA out of any Israeli controlled area.

Really? Has there ever been a better way? Should the neo-American European colonists, having seen there were people on the North American continent, said, "Sorry, we didn't know anyone was using the place" and returned back to Europe? Modernity spreads, and as it spreads it wipes out more primitive cultures. Then, after the primitive culture has been suppressed, people look back with 20-20 hindsight and say, "Geeze, I wish we could have handled that better."

Irish culture produced George Bernard Shaw, Seán O'Casey and James Joyce. They were the most advanced literary culture on the planet. They were not a bunch of primitives. They wanted independence, had the leadership to demand it, the people to back them up and have succeeded in managing a modern nation state. The Arabs wanted a single Arab state. They did not have the leadership they needed to achieve it, did not have the backing of the people of the region, who couldn't care less about statehood, and have proven to be completely incapable of running the smaller states they were given. See the difference?
Perhaps they could have come to a better solution than ethnic cleansing ? Israeli aggression needs to be reined in to find a solution.Both sides need to work together. the Irish produced Shaw and Swift but also produced Johnny "mad dog " Adair. It is not beyond both sides to find a solution. You dont seem to be offering one ?

Perhaps they could have come to a better solution than ethnic cleansing ? Israeli aggression needs to be reined in to find a solution.Both sides need to work together. the Irish produced Shaw and Swift but also produced Johnny "mad dog " Adair. It is not beyond both sides to find a solution. You dont seem to be offering one ?

Ethnic cleansing?
The Jordanian population grows substantially every year.
Where's the "Ethnic Cleansing"?

And America produced Timothy McVeigh. No culture is monolithic. These cultural differences I'm talking about are small, but vital. They are the product of great minds and sufficient lesser minds who say, "Hey that's a great idea!" The most important "great idea" of the Enlightenment was the social contract. What percentage of Americans know what that is? Damn few. Have we succeeded in extending that social contract to everyone in America? Far, far from it. That doesn't
negate the value of the concept, nor does it diminish the gap that exists between modern nations and cultures that are still essentially tribal.

Israeli aggression? It doesn't exist. Israeli retaliation against Arab aggression, now that exists, and it's never going to stop, and never cease to get harsher, as long as Arab intransigence continues. None of the measures that have been taken, settlements, incursions and blockades, would ever have existed except for Arab aggression.

Do I have a solution to suggest? Sure. Energy independence for all. If we didn't need their oil they would be a forgotten backwater, as they were for a thousand years before WWI. Then we leave them to their own devices, to rise or fall as they will. If they want modernity, we should always be standing by to help them achieve it. If they want stagnation, let them stagnate. The choice, as always, is theirs.

And America produced Timothy McVeigh. No culture is monolithic. These cultural differences I'm talking about are small, but vital. They are the product of great minds and sufficient lesser minds who say, "Hey that's a great idea!" The most important "great idea" of the Enlightenment was the social contract. What percentage of Americans know what that is? Damn few. Have we succeeded in extending that social contract to everyone in America? Far, far from it. That doesn't
negate the value of the concept, nor does it diminish the gap that exists between modern nations and cultures that are still essentially tribal.

Israeli aggression? It doesn't exist. Israeli retaliation against Arab aggression, now that exists, and it's never going to stop, and never cease to get harsher, as long as Arab intransigence continues. None of the measures that have been taken, settlements, incursions and blockades, would ever have existed except for Arab aggression.

Do I have a solution to suggest? Sure. Energy independence for all. If we didn't need their oil they would be a forgotten backwater, as they were for a thousand years before WWI. Then we leave them to their own devices, to rise or fall as they will. If they want modernity, we should always be standing by to help them achieve it. If they want stagnation, let them stagnate. The choice, as always, is theirs.

I still think the "Jew" thing will linger without the oil.

Don't see you offering one

All of these countries are recognizing Palestine based on the defunct two state solution.

What is their point?

Forum List

Back